1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which came first...the head or the body?

Jan 11, 2009

?
  1. Head

2. Body

3. I always buy head and body together

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I prefer to buy both together. That being said, I did once buy a head for a doll I really wanted, then a body.
      Alas, they did not suit, so I got another body, but that meant that here was this headless doll. So I hunted up a head for him.
      That means I have done each, both together, head first, and body first.

2. If I like the body enough, I get both head and body at the same time.

But I also follow a lot of little studios that do heads-only and sometimes I don't like the company's body.

So in those cases, I plan the doll head first, body later and look for a body that fits the doll.

I usually buy heads first because that is usually cheaper than the body aside from a few expensive heads vs like a resinsoul body.

And I'm turning into a bit of a head-collector. I have a few sculpts where I still like the face, but I don't quite have enough inspiration to flesh it out into a whole doll.

3. I typically like to buy full dolls, mostly because I have no patience and hate waiting for things to arrive in the mail. Buying a head, and then buying a body that may or may not suit the head, or vice versa, is absolute nightmare! Although, that's exactly what I'm going through right now :doh. I ordered the body a few months before the head, so I'm not gonna see my complete doll anytime soon.

4. It only depends on what wins your heart first ^^ a beautiful face that you feel you need to buy right here right now, no matter there is no body for it. Or it is the most precious body sculpt you ever seen you want sooo much, no matter there is no head for it right now, but does it even matter?
      Of course, it happens that things are not so dramatic :D but the meaning remains the same

5. Most of my BJDs were purchased as full dolls. My only hybrid I ordered head first, than body. I knew which body I wanted for him before I ordered his head. Leon was sort of unplanned, as I had ordered a Puki Puki body for an extra Real Puki face plate that didn't fit. I wanted a Pukisha anyway so I got that face plate.