1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which company poses best?

Mar 8, 2019

1. I will be very surprised if I ever encounter a better poser than Dream Valley! They're so perfectly engineered, and without suffering aesthetically. My DV Vine is a rock solid stander, can pull his knees to his chest effortlessly even in pants, and just naturally falls into very appealing poses. And this is all while being nearly as slender and just as tall as DC kids, which in my experience like to buckle near constantly and have sort of pitiful range of motion. I just can't imagine how he could be improved, outside of maybe adding a neck joint or something.

2. My best posers in MSD size are my Withdoll boys, and my Resinsoul Wu (who can stand on one foot). Worst poser, though, is another Resinsoul boy on the exact same body as my Wu, but with thinner elastic. Even sueding didn't fix his posing problems, I think at some point I'll have to restring him.

3. Most of my dolls are older so apologies; I don't have many with more than single joints. However, props to my Kimberly Lasher SD body! Beautiful design and holds poses better than just about all my other dolls. Bottom points to my Secretdoll Yomo, who unfortunately can neither sit nor stand. I haven't gotten around to send her out for modding, but she's going to need it.

4. Not only the company matters, but also the size. Smaller size dolls tend to pose pretty well. For example, Dollzone's smaller doll pose pretty well, but large ones are disaster. For larger dolls, I know that Fairland, Loongsoul's pose well.

5. None of my dolls pose well at all right now, but I've head that Dollzone bodies pose really well!

6. My 68 cm DollZone body does pose well, for a bigger body. It's an older body, and I got it second-hand so I don't know whether it's ever been restrung, but the strings are pretty tight and he does hold his pose.
      My little DZ Momo and Nono are really good posers, as are Karasutengu and Hannya. I don't have any in-between size to compare them...
      In my experience Doll Chateau is probably one of the more horrible posers. The ones I've seen are very kicky. My Hilarys don't pose well at all, but that's more because they're such an odd shape - pear bodies, tiny legs, impossibly long arms...

#26 Fairy Milliner, Mar 16, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    7. My granado boy is rock solid in both standing and posing. The lack of thigh joints drives me crazy tho...
      My 70cm ringdoll and loongsoul boys are wicked good at posing.
      My miracle 68 cm is super flexiable but is a total noodle.. I have to sued him. He can pull his legs to his chest etc.
      My Doll family A boy is a great sitting down poser, crossed legs, legs to chest and kneeling but he can't stand by himself and he also does the belly pop thing. >.< another candidate for sudeing.

8. Longsoul doll posts best, I have lots of dolls from different companies, the 72 body (the first edition) is the best body that can posts best and also have good muscles. I love that body.

9. My absolute favourite is the Impldoll Idol male body, FGB version. Despite being that tall and big (very muscly), he can e.g. pull his leg to his chest and stand on the other leg. He also curls very nicely. Rock solid stander. Perfect sitting. Maybe the neck joint could be a tad better, as the heads do not have that much range of motion. But otherwise...perfect. I do not love the SGB as much, as I miss the hip joint. The TGB is even bigger, but IMO the hip area is off. But the legs are nicer.

By now, I also like my Iplehouse SID male body. But only after heavy modding. And I need to do something with the elbows. The pull-out part is somewhat not really working. Especially with long sleeves, it is annoying as the elbow likes to snap back. But it needed a lot of work. I also added a hip joint (I like well-working hip joints). Also, I added a locking mechanism to his upper thigh joints to eliminate that strange clicky things which never worked properly. Now he can sit without fearing that he will suddenly take a back dive.

10. My Angel of Dream girl is one of my absolute best posers. She's super stable, doesn't flop or slide around, sits nicely and is totally solid standing unassisted. My Souldoll Zenith guy is pretty good too...any pose I've ever put him in, he stays in. I also like the posing on my 5Stardoll girl body. Worst are my Iplehouse girl (flopping, buckling, sliding, and generally throwing herself around if I try to do anything more than stand her on a doll stand) and my April Story girl with the one-piece torso (limited posing by design, since only her head and limbs are movable!). I have 2 Mirodoll bodies (a male and a female) but based on everything I ever heard about Mirodoll bodies, I never even bothered to try posing them without extensive tinkering and sueding. So I can't really rank them in their natural state. I definitely plan to suede my Iple girl though, seeing how much it helped the Mirodoll bodies.

11. I like my DollZone MSD body, It's very beautiful!

12. Based from the dolls I own I must say Fifth Motif body is really such a dream to pose! Altho with its shocking size of neck circumference I think it will be difficult to hybridize it. :eusa_sile Ringdoll bodies are really amazing just as well! I love it a lot. Both Fifth Motif and Ringdoll bodies has these silicones engraved into the resins which makes them hold poses extremely well! No need for suading and wiring. :D

13. Dollzone!!

14. It nice to hear that Ring dolls are good at posing! I only got 2 dolls in my hand ever, but EID Iplehouse is a nightmare to pose, mine could't sit and couldn't hold any pose. He standed like a rock and beautiful but was so disappointed with him, that I almost leave the hobby, before I started it. :sweat I sold him. Now I have a Universe doll body, and It's totally worth the money and the wait. (not too long I waited for body only about 3 month) It stands well, hold poses well, and easy to work with his joints too. And beautiful. (those hands and feet!) Just love it. :love

15. The best poser I currently own is my Soom Rosette. Which is amazing, because all Soom's other lines are awful posers, but this girl can hold multiple different slouches without slipping out of them.

16. I do not have tons of dolls at this point, but I am very impressed with now naturally my Luts Honey Delfs pose!

17. loongsoul for me! they are very good at poses

how about df-h? is it good with poses?

#37 Ifiamondy, Jan 20, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
    18. Luts by far

19. My best poser I have by far is my atelier momoni dolls. They are double jointed and can sit with their legs folded under and are so easy to dress and put in cute poses.

20. For me of all the dolls ive had over the years the absolute best posers were my old type souldoll bodies, both double(sd) and kid(msd) but especially the kid, she can dance, gracefully balance on 1 foot in multiple poses. After that i really like soom rosette, they kneel beautifully, Fairyland A line feeple, and peakswood. Middle road, staight out of the box doll chateau is... Difficult, but when properly strung and sueded, can be very graceful and natural. My least favorite poser by far is fairyland moe, both feeple and MNF, they feel stiff and unnatural. No matter what ive tried. The only reason i still have one is mine is a tan miyu and finding a colour match for the head would be too much trouble.