1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. I know they're really plain and basic, but I like my Angel Fantasy YoSD and I wish I'd got their bigger dolls. I'm also beginning to wonder about Doll Love, I have a feeling they're stopping production.

2. Elfdoll! :love I would love to get two Vivien at an affordable price...

3. I wish to see Dream of Doll come back. I love many of their sculpts.

4. Customhouse. They will always be forever iconic.

5. I would like to see Dream of Doll come back. I never got an opportunity to purchase one of their dolls but I did see one in person years ago from another collector and I really loved the resin and the sculpts.

I would also like to see Angelheim come back. I thought their fantasy style dolls were pretty amazing and creative and sadly I had plans to purchase one of their fantasy MSD dolls and was saving up for it when they disappeared before I had the full amount I needed.

Another one would be Elfdoll but under different management. I have always been drawn to the Soah and Hazel sculpts but never felt comfortable ordering when they were active due to the problems a lot of people were having with them at the time, communication and orders. I hope those people ended up getting their dolls!

6. LatiDoll is still around... But long, long ago discontinued the dolls I have an interest in.

I wish they would get back into making larger dolls. All they do these days are the itty-bitty ones. Which are cute, BUT-... I love the Lati Reds more than the Yellows or Whites.

7. Dream of Doll. I’ve always loved their sculpts but was never able to obtain one. Shall and Sha, especially.

8. It's ironic that when I first got into the hobby, the companies I didn't appreciate more than are the ones that are now defunct and I wish I could get dolls from.
      My list:
      Customhouse and their limiteds were stunning, I can still remember the pirate Jun with the scar!
      Dream of Doll - their SD sized limiteds were stunning and I love how they had 'twin' MSD dolls, the female and male sculpts were related in a way
      Elfdoll - I still long for a Sooah
      D.I.M - their original or older sculpts from 2006-2008 were darling and so cute.

9. ELFDOLL

10. Dream of Doll. I'm so glad my first doll, Dream of Doll Si, is still with me, but there have been several I've been keeping eyes open for for years that, sadly, I've never been able to get.

11. Clover Doll! :...( Their 1/4 body is one of the cutest and most versatile bodies I've ever owned. I have Elvis but I was planning to also get Grover before they closed up shop...

12. A Wee Tiefling, the Doll Love company we knew is gone. They have changed their name to Doll-Guard. They also discontinued all their old sculpts, except for YouYou, and the only place you can find them is on Taobao.

So, yes, it looks like Doll Love is defunct. It really bums me out because I loved their 1/6 YOSD sized dolls. :...(

And, while I'm here, a shout out to Doll Factory. Im so sad they are no longer making their adorable little anthro dolls. I was hoping they'd make a rabbit one day.

#212 Rabbit-moon, Aug 16, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    13. This breaks my heart, when I decided finally to take the plunge and order my first doll I was torn between Doll Love Kaja and an Elfkin from Bobobie. In the end I chose the elfkin as I was somewhat familiar with his size of bjd. Later I did thankfully get my Kaja but I'm sad to think of the other sculpts that are now lost.

14. TwistedRiver, yes, it breaks my heart too! :( I only found out because I went to Alice's Collection to order a Dreaming-eyed YouYou, and Doll Love company was gone from their site.

You have a Doll Love Kaja? I'm not familiar with that sculpt, but I'm so glad you got him before Doll Love closed.

15. There is a Guard Love brand available at Legend Doll. I'm not familiar enough with all their sculpts to say it's the same one as Doll-Love but they have MSD and tinies listed. I'm still able to access the website for Doll-Love but I suppose they could be keeping it running for viewing purposes but not have any purchase function. Sugarble did this (so disappointed that they had to close their doors).

Dakvir is a God-Enjoy boy that I had dyed black and he's a stunning sculpt in my opinion.

16. I also wish to Dream Of Doll to resurrect. I feel lucky to have my current DOD dolls with me, but my collection would have more DOD if they were still around.

17. Dream of Doll also for me I'm so glad I have two dolls from them.

18. @Rabbit-moon That bums me out! I have a Dreamy-eyed You-you and I wanted to get an open-eyed head for her. So glad I did take the plunge, You-you was the first girl sculpt I really wanted ever.

19. The doll company that got me into the hobby was Dream Of Doll...I still very much want a Si and Ivan...every now and then I'll see a Krill or a Bee-A second hand but never Si...who was supposed to be my first doll. Also the older CPLuts sculpts..esp now that Fairyland discontued a chunk of them