1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. Thank you Iron_Dog! I'll have to tell the girls back in the Doll Love thread.

So cool that you have a God-Enjoy boy! I always thought he was a great sculpt. :thumbup

2. I think I have some older pics of my Kaja Vish in the Doll Love thread for Minis. Just goes to show that even dolls that aren't limited can just disappear without warning.

3. Angel Region... not the current "Neo" version, either. I really miss their old sculpts, and now I'm afraid I'll never have a chance to get all the ones I wanted. ): I don't entirely understand what went down when they got bought out by Soom, since I was out of the hobby at the time, but I really wish they hadn't discontinued all of their sculpts and started only putting out those imda dolls.

And of course, obligatory shout out to Dream of Doll. Always wanted a Ducan, but that's probably a pipe dream now.

4. Definitely Dream of Doll and Elfdoll because of Vivien. Probably a couple others but I was really upset DOD just dropped off the planet.

5. DIM and DoD! Maybe a few more, but these two definitely come to mind first. For some time I was out of hobby, and when I returned I was very saddened by their fate. The dolls of these companies were the first whose photos I admired on the Internet many years ago. It’s so sad they no longer function.

6. You just about gave me a heart attack, as I have a couple of Doll Factory anthros on my wishlist... but they're still around! Although I do miss some of their discontinued sculpts (glad I got their duck while it was available.) ^^;

7. I was always drawn to DoT Shall but at the time I wasn’t sure if I’d like a 60cm doll. I wish I had been able to get her fullset.

Also, they’re still in business, but Nine9 Style no longer sells their Bunny Nine dolls nor any clothing/shoes for them. I know they still exist as Bunny Bunny, and Sadol and TTYA and others make things for them, but I haven’t liked anything new since they cut ties completely with Nine9. It just doesn’t feel the same :/

8. Sorry Bentosmile. I didn't mean to almost give you a heart attack :doh

I got my info from reading other members postings on page 5 that mentioned that Doll Factory was defunct. And, I use to buy their dolls directly from their website, which is now gone.

So, I'm glad to hear Doll Factory is not entirely gone. But, I do know they stopped making the anthros/pet-ari dolls some years ago. Glad you gott your little duckie while it was still available. :thumbup

#228 Rabbit-moon, Aug 17, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    9. They still have most of their anthros available! They just don't do faceups anymore. :D and you have to order through the q&a board. It did go a bit odd for a while, when it looked like they were going to transition to using "aquarius doll" as branding, but it seems like they went back on that and just kept their main site. (Kinda a shame, 'cos there was a cute regular fox sculpt in the pet ari section, which is not in their old range. But oh well! I have too many foxes...)

I, uh, might have just (yesterday) ordered a Dalsoo to be safe :D so they are still there if there were any you wanted to collect. Most of them at least XD

10. Wow! Thanks for the info, Bentosmile. Do you have a link to their site? The old link that I have for Doll Factory doesn't work. Much appreciated!

11. I'd bring back Oceanmoon. ;_; my chonglan is so beautiful...

12. Sure! They're not the easiest to find on google XD I think I had to do some digging to find them again. Their site is here :D

Edit: I think the forum has done something odd by trying to preview the url and not being able to handle the hangul ^^; so I've edited it to look less hacked.

#232 bentosmile, Aug 18, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    13. Dark Tales! I’m not sure if they’re defunct so much as on hiatus, but I just discovered them and some of their dolls are exactly my thing. Not all, though, and none of the ones I can find secondhand right now. Sigh...

14. Thanks so much Bentosmile! It's good to know that Doll Factory is still around. :thumbup

But, I'm still bummed that their English site is defunct. Navigating their Korean language site is going to take a little doing. *_*

15. Definitely Dream of Doll. I miss that company so much :/ I have three or four dolls I wanted to buy from there, mostly newer sculpts that don't pop up on the market too much. They had nice stuff.

16. Everyday i lament Hujoo going MIA. I know they're known for ABS dolls, not resin, but they were great cheap alternative and the sculpts looked great with some sanding

17. Elfdoll for sure!

18. Oh, man, remember Mio? Mio made the absolute best BJD clothing back in the day, but she vanished in 2009 leaving behind a lot of unfulfilled orders - she still owes me about $300 worth of EID clothing, but since it's been eleven years, I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's not going to arrive. At least I have a couple of pairs of Mio jeans from before the crisis. I'll always want more.

19. I wish they had announced it. I only noticed when it happened when AC deleted it, and I had emailed Legend Doll as they still had listings, but they never responded. :|

20. Yes, Bristol, I wish Doll Love had made an announcement about it, too. I really wanted to buy more of their dolls! :...(

And, maybe Doll Love has changed their name to Doll-Guard, but their whole aesthetic has changed. I don't know, I don't seem to find the new dolls much to my liking. :(