1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. I wish Elfdoll was still around so I could get Bon Sun Hwa. Ah one day.

#241 sweetviolet, Aug 29, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2020
    2. I would love to see elfdoll return.

3. It's been pretty disheartening for me, coming back after a multi-year hiatus for health reasons, only to find SO many companies I knew are now defunct. I could create a huge list, but to name just a few:

- 5StarDoll. I know they aren't fully defunct, but it seems like they almost are, or are on the way out. They hardly have anything anymore!
      - Only Doll. I had one, Yue Er. She was so pretty, and I liked how the SD bodies were so small, giving good variety.
      - Illusion Spirit. I had a Phoenix way back, and still regret selling her, even more-so now.
      - Planet Doll. I always planned to get one of their adorable girls but never did.
      - Hujoo. I know they were ABS, but I always wanted a Cora girl and, I think, Matthew (the human, non-fanged boy).

And lastly, I know they weren't a doll manufacturer, but WOW, do I miss Mint on Card!!

#243 Ivory Stardust, Jan 22, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    4. IKR? I was just getting into ordering from them when my health went "kafloowie" as well. And now that I'm healthy once again, they're gone. :(

Ryu

5. It really stinks when your health goes seriously south and takes you away from things you love! I'm glad you're doing better now. :)

I just got back into the hobby at the tail end of last year, and my first thought was "Let me go see what's on MoC!" Well.... there's nothing on MoC and now I'm having a real time of it finding things because that place was my only go-to. And both Denver Doll and JunkySpot (especially) are no where near what they used to be. I'm just thankful Alice's Collections is still here!

6. It does stink! I couldn't even pick up any of my Crew without fear of dropping them for a while. it was definitely not fun.

I found out about both MoC and Doll in Mind just as they closed their shops and said goodbye. I miss DIM's custom doll heads, I have a number of them.

I'm glad that AoC is still here as well, but lately I've been finding things on Dollmore's site that works with my Crew, as well as etsy and ebay. But I still miss the specific BJD clothes sellers like MoC. I wonder why they closed?

Ryu

#246 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Jan 23, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    7. DiM's custom heads were pretty cool! I used to have a Cloud Strife, wish I still did.

Dollmore is pretty great! I was just looking on there for a wig a few minutes ago. lol. AC is fantastic, and the lady who runs it is a peach! I've had to email and ask her several questions now and she's always so bright and friendly, she just makes me smile. :)

As for MoC, from what I've read, they just decided they wanted to move on and do other things besides retail. I can understand that, and I hope they're happy and having good lives, but man, do I miss them!

8. Elfdoll, yes! They were the most realistic heads I've ever met. Subtle and beautiful.

9. Yes absolutly! I had a good handfull of dolls I wanted to own too T3T I remember my wishlist was a DOB Arie HoHo, Shall, Tender twingKey and a Tender E-an. And then there was the limited edition I-ra fullset, Elf Delphine and sleeping Pitts. but those would be a hard to find in good condition and I don´t think I will ever chase them down.

10. Echoing several others, I really miss MoC. I ordered from them all the time. Denver Doll just doesn't have the clothing and shoe selection that MoC had. For companies, again, Dream of Doll, I really loved their sculpts. I have a Sha that I adopted, and he needs a sister! Is Two S Doll out of business? Usually went I'm Taobao window shopping their dolls pop up. I always wanted their original Dorian with the ponytail and cutesy outfit. And I agree on Elfdoll too! I really wanted a Soah, and they come up on the secondhand market sometimes, but never when I can actually buy one. Does Oasisdoll still exist? I haven't seen one in ages.

11. I'm definitely echoing other sentiments for Dream of Doll to return. Particularly for an elf Ducan.

12. Peapod doll, their ballet feet were amazing and I am still kicking myself for not picking up a pair when I had the chance:sigh

13. Man... reading this thread made me sad. There are so many companies that have come and gone it seems.

This company/artist isn't completely gone, but their releases are fewer/farer between and getting the old sculpts is exclusively a 2nd hand head hunt. K-Doll <3 When I joined a local friend had a Karon head, and over the years I really began to appreciate the beautiful features of these sculpts. Now you rarely see them 2nd hand. :(

14. Creature Doll, Elfdoll, and Aquarius Doll :(
      I really wanted a Creature Doll Lucia so much!

15. I'm not sure if I mentioned this company before, but I really with I had gotten more Angelheim animal parts when they were around. My werewolf girl, Trilllian has a pair of werewolf claws, but there were other parts (that has since slipped my mind) that I wish I had gotten when I had the chance. :(

Edit: Looks like I did mention them before. Still doesn't mean I don't wish I had gotten more animal parts. :...(

Ryu

16. I miss Elfdoll too!

Also, a very old, small company, that's super hard to find anything on: Dollish or SADO. I've only seen U-me and U-da sculpts, but I love them both and wish that the company had made more.

AnotherSpace2 mostly sold clothes, that I wish they were still making, but they also made adorable little dolls. They might be a casting company now? Unclear.

17. Doll in Mind :atremblin. I really wish I had bought a Larina or Bellosse before they closed down.

18. Sugarble and Elfdoll both come to mind for me.

19. Doll In Mind for sure.

20. Dream of Doll and Angelheim, and Slinky Neko. Angelheim was such short lived and they had so much promise. I really want to know what causes companies to go under. Dream of Doll was such a stable when I first got into the hobby. They were all over and now its amazing if I can find one. My cousin has a full set tan vampire Ivan.

And Hujoo, even thought they were not resin. There are so many companies I wish would come back.