1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. I agree about Elfdoll. I regret not getting one of them after seeing a really beautiful face up years ago. Dream of doll is really nostalgic too after being one of the first companies I looked at in 2005.

2. Doll In Mind. :( I liked some models back then and I coudn't buy anything.

3. Glorydoll hands down. I wish they could make a comeback - i can afford you now :...(:...(:...(:...(

4. Blossom Doll, Glorydoll, and Sooms Mecha Angel line. I would love for Soom to re-purpose the heads.

5. Like the majority of the people here, I also miss DoD and the CP Delf sculpts. I was sad when I found out that Fairyland discontinued the El and Yder sculpts, since I was hoping to be able to finally to order them now. This makes me glad I have the one CP Delf era head that I do have.

For a brand that's not list, Dolkot is one that I would like to see come back. I know there was a lot of quality issues with them way back in the day, but I loved a lot of their sculpts.

6. El's not coming back ever? Is this recent news? I thought they were just putting off releasing El because they wanted to work on the male body? This I heard a couple years ago.
      Yes, early Dolkot when they had that amazing faceup artist :love I think back when Dolkot was good, their faceup artist did other doll company faceups along with Dolkot. I used to swoon over the El's and Volks F16's the artist painted along with the many versions of Kiss he/she painted :D

7. Yeeeah. Whenever Fairyland says that something is "temporarily unavailable" for... whatever reason... you really need to take that with a huge proverbial grain of salt. Like, a proverbial grain of salt the size of the Empire State building.

Just ask anyone waiting for the Feeple70s to come back from their "temporary" unavailability. :lol:

I'd say looking for El and Yder on the secondary market is your best bet, HD.

8. lol- o man, that's such a shame. El will forever be on my want list.

9. Never give up. They actually do show up for sale on a fairly regular basis.

10. Yeeeeess. That faceup artist was another reason why I wanted so many Dolkot dolls back in the day because how amazing those faceups were.

I've been lurking the Japanese secondhand sites for awhile and have been sniped on every auction at last minute or have someone gets the order to go through faster than me every time a Yder pops up. :XD: I haven't really checked out any other second hand BJD markets yet.

11. Throw out a WTB wherever you can, too! :) I got my El (who was a former practice head and needed some extra TLC) by just putting it out there that I was looking; all the sales that were up were going before I could get them, but sometimes there's people who are more willing to sell than they are willing to put the sales post together.

12. Im very new to this hobby, and i was investigating for Elf Doll, wondering if they still exist or not. And then i found this forum XD.
      Im totally in love with the Elf Doll Rain dolls...
      I wish they come back. I will buy them all.

13. If you want I can send you some photo-spam from my DollFactory Sogo, I know what you mean, I also was very in love with their promotional photos! My girl doesn't have a face-up atm, as I've found her having grown out of her old character and having become a more stronger persona then her shy and timid character from before. So I'm still looking into how her new face-up should be. I've been yearning myself over an extra body, as I have her sister Soho as a floating head, gotten secondhand on doa years ago, and really want her to be reunited with her body... Send me a PM if you wish photos. I might even still have the promo photos somewhere on my extern computer drive. I can look for it... if you want me to?

14. Dream of Doll without a doubt!
      I've fall in love with BJD because of Duncan and Luke from them so ...

15. Shinydoll. It's my understanding that they're not technically gone, but sales are now restricted to Japan, making it difficult to actually get ahold of them. These dolls had a unique aesthetic and the best joint engineering I've ever seen on a doll in my 16 years in the hobby.

16. Elfdoll, I wish I had more of their dolls! And DOD as well, they always had beautiful dolls. Also wish that the CP molds were still available from Fairyland but I'm not counting on it happening.

17. The old Souldoll and Dollzone sculpts.... I remember when Vernejet, Arhanian, and Haoul came out I nearly lost my mind with how cool they were... and Soulkid Katie was so cute and unique!! :...(

The Dollzone BB tinies especially were soooo adorable, I wanted Jing, Kay, Sis, and probably a couple more! The stuff DZ is doing now is just so different from what they used to make, their large girls were pretty cool and their later 70cm boys were GORGEOUS. And their minis were absolutely prolific back in the day, I had an old-style Demi but the wonk eye the first version suffered was so bad I traded her lmao

18. Reptile Doll. I always intended to get a couple of their chameleons someday, but other dolls kept coming first - you know how it is...and then they were gone. Sigh. I should've known better.

19. I totally agree with you, Mamo! I know Dollzone isn't defunct, but since they paired up with Doll Chateau their style has changed so radically from their original sculpts, they might as well be a different company. I know businesses have to change and improve to survive, but I do miss those early sculpts. :(

I also loved the DZ BB tinies, and was lucky enough to get a few, Kay, Ani, and Ami, from the marketplace. Maybe if you keep an eye on the MP, you can find them.

(Wow! You had a Demi! She is still on my Wish List after all these years. :love)

20. @Mamo @Rabbit-moon so right about the old Dollzone look that’s gone now! 1/4 cool guys Alistair, Hid, Mo and Megi, and adorable Shoyo, 70cm Yuu and Quinn and Ian and Chen, SD Floy and Celine. You won’t see their like any more, DZ’s house style is now much more like their sister company Doll Chateau’s even though at the time of DC’s launch the idea seemed to be a distinct aesthetic for each.