1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. Also jumping on the DoD train; my DoD Shall was my first SD and thankfully she's still in my collection. Their dolls were the first BJDs I saw when I started researching back in 2010 and fell in love! Also miss Momocolor; their bigger yosds were so adorable!

2. Count me in on pouring one out for Dream of Doll. Calla was always on my "maybe someday" list, so their shutdown hit me pretty hard in the heart. Also DIM. I was lucky to have the spare funds to nab Larina and Laia as they were closing up shop, but it's still sad to see such a beloved staple company fold after so many years.

I also miss a lot of the old, discontinued sculpts from still active companies (looking at you, CP and DZ), just like everyone else. There was such a charm in a lot of them that you just can't get anymore, and they basically never show up on the secondhand market (or, at least, not in the price range I can afford!).

3. Hi Evilhamster13! Nice to see I'm not the only one who misses the original Dollzone aesthetic. That age of Dollzone is indeed gone forever. :...(

But, like I told Mamo, I've been lucky finding older discontinued sculpts in the Marketplace. :thumbup

4. Dream of Doll, absolutely!
      My first purchase was Sha! I still have him, and another that was given to me by a friend. I was heartbroken when they closed because Lahoo was actually the first doll I fell in love with, but I've luckily had the chance to purchase him ;; I also have Twing-Key and Petsha.

I'd really love to collect all of those oldschool ones and open a tiny DoD museum, lol!!

So so sad they're gone.

5. Creature Doll
      They released a flurry of dolls, clothing, accessories, and armor and then had to go out of business D:

I think they were having health issues or something? But they're my favorite msd bodies/dolls and now that I'm more financially capable I really wish I could order a few

6. Yes, old DZ was amazing. I loved so many of their sculpts. Obviously, considering both of mine (Yuu and Yage) are old DZ molds. I also miss DoD too, I really wanted a few of those sculpts as they had SUCH PRETTY dolls.

7. :...(Doll in mind. I miss them so much

8. I do miss quite a few of their older sculpts like Bbjorn, Danbi and Eunbi. One of the artists still sculpts and is selling heads (pm me if you want to know- I don't want to get pinged by admin for promoting when I'm not:XD:). I snagged one of her sculpts - still waiting to receive from faceups but I'll post in the gallery when he arrives :chibi

9. Clearly won’t be the first person to say Dream of Doll but they were the first BJD I ever saw as well so if they were still around I’d be looking to get one.

10. Honestly I kind of miss Dolkot. There's just something about them I like but can't pinpoint.

11. Ariadoll because of their beautiful designed bodies, Elfdoll for tiny Soah I never got to own and Notdoll Labs for cute spooky dolls! Peakswoods loosely reminds me of some of the Notdoll cuter sculpts, the same aesthetic with the big round eyes and perfectly defined cupid’s bow mouth.

#291 Rive, Aug 21, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    12. Rosenlied and Dream of Doll. They make me wish I'd joined the hobby sooner. I used to drool over DoD photos online, and when I finally caved and decided to buy a doll, DoD was gone.

13. Dream of Doll! When I first started out in this hobby I had made a wishlist of DoD dolls I would buy when I had the means and often browsed their site about as often as I did with LUTS. To find out they were gone by the time I was able to buy one, it made me so sad to know that I wouldn't be able to purchase one from them. There's the secondhand market but I wished that the company still existed ;w;

14. Absolutely Dream of Doll! They did create lots amazing sculpts, and had significant style.

15. There was a company called Phoenix Dolls based in England. Their dolls were so pretty, and it actually hurts my heart that I will never get to own one. :(