1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. Doll in Mind for sure. I love every single sculpt they ever did.
      Also, Everpurple and CastleAnne ;_;

2. I'm just going to lurk here to see sculpts I've never heard of before! In terms of company knowledge I'm still pretty new.
      The little thread makes me feel like an archeologist!

3. Elfdoll will always be my favorite company. I'm so glad I got them while I still could.

I miss Domuya because they were so innovative. And I wish I-doll Studio would come back. Andro had been working on a male sculpt about the time they closed up shop.

4. This... I'd bring back Unidoll. (And then buy that grumpy-gus Ark I passed up getting the first time around. XD)

5. Adding to Elfdoll - especially the original Lovely body Dami/Yumi. Domuya for their unique concepts and jointing sytem. The original Custom House - so pretty and well made. And DIM original sculpts.

6. Domuya! :(
      Their Life Project in particular was just wonderful and inspiring.

7. Original Customhouse for me, all the way -- their Uniques and Limiteds were stunningly creative, and they sold such good clothes, shoes, and wigs, too.

Tensiya. How I miss Tensiya.

Then, in terms of individual sculptors, I wish Minawa Aya (Minawadou) and Dive had stayed around longer.

8. I think (pre-insanity) Customhouse for me. They're not entirely gone (I believe they're called Aidoll now and Luts recently bought some of their sculpts), but they are so far from where they once were it's not even a reasonable comparison.

9. Awww, Elfdoll DITTO!!! I miss them SO much!!

...sniff :atremblin

10. I can definitely chime in with agreement on Elfdoll, CP, Doll in Mind, Dream of Doll, and Aria Doll (also Everpurple). I wish Demon Garden and Happy Doll were still around too.

11. I miss the old Delf line, too. Especially the Type 1 body; so glad I managed to get them for my Delfs.

I wasn't impressed with the newer Delf and Fairyland bodies. I would love to get an old style body for my FL head but the resin match won't be close enough for my satisfaction. *angst*

12. Dream of Doll, hands down. I saw how beautiful their sculpt was and then I found out they no longer exists and I just felt like that's too bad.:( I kind of want to know why they suddenly disappeared too.

13. I'd have to be one of the people chiming in for DoD. The first doll I ever saw that made me say, I want to get one of these dolls some day...
      Still don't have one but someday I will.

14. Yet another vote of love for Elfdoll here. Just gorgeous, gorgeous sculpts, and I still would love a Mir.

I'd love to have Unidoll back too. I'm just so glad I got my Jace, because he still makes me catch my breath every single time. But there were some others I would love to have.

I also wish Illusion Spirit would come back. I fell hard for several of their sculpts, and I am in love with the posability of the body. <3 But the overall aesthetics of the sculpts were just perfect for me.

15. DB Doll! I didn't know they existed until I randomly got one of their 1/6 scale dolls in a raffle at a con. She was great, ended up not being really a size I liked, but I loved her sculpting, design and posing. I lurked on the old DB Doll threads here and found that just a bit before they disappeared, they released some really nice looking 1/3 boys... I would love to get one but IDK if they ever even got sold, or if they only released photos and never actually sold the dolls before going out of business. And even if they did, considering the low popularity of the company I doubt I'll ever find one

16. ELFDOLL FTW!

17. Another vote for Unidoll here. My first doll I bought was a Unidoll Ark - still got him and never will part with him. I was lucky enough to get a Feanor, too - body and head bought separately but the head's got the beautiful Unidoll face-up. And I'd DIE for a Jace with original Unidoll face-up - I want those three Raurencio boys united!

18. Doll in Mind :(

They had such a beautiful and unique style to their dolls I've yet to find anywhere else. Hands down my favorite company, my heart broke a little bit when I found out they were discontinuing all of their sculpts. I know they stated they will be back with a whole new line of dolls, but it's impossible to say if their new look will be even remotely similar to the old one.

19. Angel Battle! What I wouldn't do for one of their awesome skeletons right about now. Especially the SD one.

20. Yes! I'd forgotten who made those darling skeletons! Definitely would love to bring back Angel Battle!