1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. Unidoll, Elfdoll, Dollti and Notdoll lab.

2. dream of doll and demon garden!!! i remember DG bodies were all the rage back in 08, and i just really love the slim aesthetic ;~;

3. Angelheim and Buddydoll for sure!
      edit: Transcend*B and Dollgru as well...

4. NotDoll for sure. They had a couple dolls I would have loved to own and they kind of disappeared out from under me.
      Sadly I'm not even sure I could remember the name of all the sculpts I wanted from them now...

5. Another vote for Elfdoll and the old CP Delfs and Kid Delfs!
      Side note, Rainman did sculpt a few of the Kid Delfs (AN, Bomi, Jeong, Nara, and Ttori)
      Maybe we could get a petition going for Rainman to bring back his dolls?

Also, I miss Kstarr! They had such awesome custom wigs for a great price. I know there is now For My Doll, but Kstarr just seemed to have more styles and custom options.

#45 Tonboko, Mar 11, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    6. Unidoll, BuddyDoll and Illusion Spirit.

I got an IS boy well before they disappeared and he's a fantastic poser and his grey resin is gorgeous. I'd love to get my greedy hands on a Unidoll Ark but those are so infrequently on the MP, I doubt it'll ever happen. There used to be a dude in my local group that had an Ark and I lusted after that doll hard when he was at meets. Funny enough, I managed to snag a UH-08 Elf with his original default Unidoll face-up off the MP about a year or so ago and I'm so very happy I managed to get him. I'd wanted a BuddyDoll Mars Tough like crazy but didn't have the funds and then bam! they were gone.

7. ^This. And not at all because I'm still trying to find their Rui *cough*.

8. Angelheim and Dream of Doll ;_;

9. Bit of a different one, but Orientdoll was one of the first companies I was eyeing when I first got into the hobby.

I know they got bumped around to a few different companies, and it looks like they're working for Sadol at the present, and I know they weren't really anything special, but I kind of wish I could just go back 10 years and buy one, you know?

10. I'm not entirely sure if the company is defunct, but Jie Doll. I own a Michel in chocolate skin, and he's beautiful and poses nicely. I ordered him through BlueBlood Doll when they first became a dealer for Jie Doll, and the color was discontinued before he was even home. Then they started to be slower in communication, and now the only ones for sale on BBD are in stock. I've tried googling Jie Doll, and all I find are owner photos, BBD in stock dolls and dead links. I'd really like to know what happened to them, and if they're still producing dolls. Mostly, I wish they'd bring back their chocolate skin, as it has no sanding marks or marbling, no seams and is a beautiful warm dark brown color that not many companies offer.

11. The old Angelregion and the company may be the same... but I want some of the old DIM Dolls to come back.

12. Angel Region. Notdoll and Angel Battle. By the time I discovered their little skeleton dolls, it was too late. :(

13. For me, one of my favorite parts of BJD is the arrival/opening of a new doll.
      With that being said, I wish Wishel was still around. I remember years and years ago watching multiple youtube videos of people opening their Wishel dolls, and thinking how charming their process was.

Wishel dolls would come in a plaster egg that you had to break open to "hatch" your doll. They were about pukipuki sized I believe and not the most beautiful but what a cute concept! I still feel a small pang of regret since I never got to crack open a bjd egg.

14. I miss BuddyDoll, I really wanted a few of their girls back in the day.

15. Glorydoll. I never own one but I saw some pictures of a Goth Lucy, which belongs to a Japanese artist, on twitter and fell in love with it.
      It just broke my heart when I found out the company was defunct.

16. Hypermaniac, Angelbattle, Notdoll (especially Notdoll) and CustomHouse.

I loved the Vintage Ai line from CH and owned one of them for years. It's a shame only a few of the Vintage Ai dolls ever made it to production stage. They had so many orders backlogged that the new dolls they announced never got produced.

17. Orient Doll. Super glad I got my Vampire Tae while he was being sold by LeekeWorld a few years back before they disappeared again. I miss my Vampire Ji I sold years ago though... (I also wish anyone at all made anything that would *fit* them rofl. Loose-as-hell Matt Tonner clothes and bare feet here... Derp.)

Custom House back in the day. I had a Unique Zephyros LJ and sold him because I was just too afraid of messing up his faceup, but I loved the mold and wish I could get another one...

BuddyDoll had such cute molds. I love my Elisha, funky skinny neck and bad camera angles and all. The later girls fixed the neck problem.

Never owned an ElfDoll but they were nice sculpts.

18. Leeel. I really loved their dolls.

19. I'm echoing DOD, Notdoll and Unidoll...

20. Enaibi, Marmite Sue (for resin)