1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. Wishel. I think the idea of packaging tiny ball-jointed dolls in eggs is adorable.

2. Domuya, Unidoll and Doll in Mind.

3. Glorydoll - I loved their Goth-Lolis, oh, those stitches! :love Too bad they were limited and never seem to be released when the company was still active.

Marchen Waltz - not sure if they are closed for good or just revamping their website, but I love all their sculpts! They have that ultra cute look to them yet they still have these prominent, unique features that you would recognise right away as a Marchen Waltz sculpt. Their faces are so adorably squished and round! :XD:

Elfdoll - not so much for the human sculpts but Alice Cherry Blossom was one of the first BJDs I ever saw and never was there ever a pig BJD so charming, cute or delicate!

4. I miss the old Customhouse dolls. Never did get my Ai Chowon. The one-offs and limiteds they used to do were amazing. Also the old Angelregion, and Happydoll.

5. Dream of Doll and Elfdoll =n=

My first doll was a Dream of Doll, and I always wanted more of their dolls.

I bought an Elfdoll second hand, but wish I could find good matching hand and heel parts for her :c

6. Ambition, yes. Success... ehhhh, not so much. I have had two Unidolls pass through my door, and though I loved the head sculpts, the bodies left a little something to be desired. Even their early head sculpts were incredibly innovative. But I have my Jace, and I love him!

I'm another one who would like to see I-Doll come back. They've obviously made a lasting impression on some people.

Poshdolls sold good quality shoes that were the mainstays for my boys for years. I think they sold wigs and other things, too. Wonder what happened to them?

Linda S.
      galatia9

#66 galatia9, Jul 13, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    7. Elfdoll was the dollmaker that made me decide to buy a BJD and my Elfdoll Rita was the start of my collection. Elfdoll stopped selling dolls not too long after I got her, too. I would love to see them come back, Rita was my favorite but there were several other Elfdoll sculpts I wanted as well, and it would be awesome just to see more Elfdolls around.

8. I stumbled across a head by an apparently long gone company called Roxydoll (or Roxidoll?) - it was very cute, I would like to see what else they did/could do now.

9. I miss Unidoll so much!! And Angelbattle.

10. I had a Roxydoll head about a bizzillion years ago.

11. I'm missing Planetdoll, I found out about them too late but gosh I love their mermaid girls.

I'd love to grab one secondhand one day!

12. I just want Soom to bring back the mecha angel line-- so many beautiful sculpts I want to have :(
      Also I want old CP Delfs heads, some Wishels, Gumdrop Eye Candies, and I hope Marmite Sue are successful with their newest resin girl Butterfly so they can re-release older sculpts like Classic Noi
      :D

13. Dream Of Doll! And CP Delfs. Those were core dolls when I started in 2006.

14. Unidoll, although I am just happy to have been able to find a NRFB Unidoll Dalia and only have one more layaway payment on her. I fell in love with Dalia the first time I saw her almost 5 years ago. She is one of the most beautiful female bjds in my opinion.I hope to get a Lily soon as well and if I am real lucky maybe one of the other UniReal Girls.

Elfdoll as I really want all the adorable Alice Cherry Blossom piggies Rainman made plus all of the gorgeous Rainy girls. I have 2 gorgeous Sooahs right now. One that is NS and one that is WS.

I would also resurrect the CP Delfs as I always wanted a WS Soony and WS Lishe.

Dream of Doll because I want E-an to go with my Shall.

15. Magical Angel would be one I'd like to bring back. Those delicate little ballerina bodies, with the posable feet were just darling. And they offered resin matching too so if you wanted a hybrid ya could.

I'm sure sure whatever happened I can't find them anywhere so I assumed they went under. Which really sucks.

16. The original Delfs are clearly my favorite, so I'm still heartbroken they aren't easily accessible anymore. Dream of Doll, too, was a favorite of mine, and some day still I'd like to add an E-an to my family. Anyone else remember Dollfactory? They made THE cutest pet dolls; Pet Ari line. I was totally heartbroken when I rejoined the hobby and learned they were gone. Wishels were precious, too, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers them!

Just learned about Elfdoll from this thread too...:(

17. Glorydoll and Elfdoll. I hadn't heard of Elfdoll before this thread but after seeing all the flickr pictures I am really liking their sculpts especially Sian.

18. I kinda want one of Leeel's half scale dolls for my gnome character.

19. Aww, man, those Pet Ari dolls were so cute, I'm sad that they're gone. Dollfactory was big when I joined the hobby too. I also would love to have Illusion Spirit come back. I was really starting to like their sculpts.

These next two are still in business, oddly enough: Camillia Dynasty and Dollzone. For Camillia Dynasty, most of the their dolls have been "sold out" for years now. The website is still up, but I'm not sure if they're actively doing business. And for Dollzone... I loved all of their dolls circa 2006-2010. But then they started their sister company Doll Chateau in 2011, and the main Dollzone dolls also made a dramatic aesthetic shift. In the past few years, they've discontinued all of their older sculpts. It feels like they killed the 'old' Dollzone to become an entirely 'new' Dollzone.

20. I used to love Iplehouse's faces. New Iple is very different from Old Iple. The newer ones mostly look like IH Jessica over and over again. Snubby wee noses, super wide set very horizontal almond eyes, wider space between the eyes that between the nostrils which is actually rare in humans. So few of them have the jawlines and personality of the oldYIDs.