1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. I would love to see the resurrection of Soom's Rosette School of Dolls line. I need a few more bodies. I would also LOVE to see the sculptor create a male counterpart for the Pure Girl size. They did so for the Muse!

Also, I would love to see Lee-el return. I would LOVE a set of their 90cm dolls!

2. I'm so happy someone else thought of DBdoll!! I would really love to see what kind of sculpts they would be producing now. It's such a shame they produced a small number of dolls and weren't very popular. They had such a unique aesthetic and they pose extremely well.

I actually have a Dbdoll Yelang so i can confirm they were sold. Even back then I could only find a hand full of owner pictures though.

I would also like to chime in for DOD. One of the first companies I fell in love with, and I'm sad I never purchased one of their sculpts ;.;

3. I'd bring back the CP Delfs. From the moment I got my first, it was a resin-life changer. My collection is almost entirely made up of CP Delfs (and their later counterparts, the Feeple60's). And for the most part, it's been fun hunting down the ones I wanted on the secondhand market. For one thing, I've met a lot of lovely people along the way because of it. And it is a really nice feeling when you get a response to a WTB or when you stumble across one you never thought you'd see. But I do wish I had gotten at least one new when I had the chance... and I wish CP still cared about their classic sculpts (but that's another topic entirely).

#103 littlegreythings, Aug 18, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    4. Leekeworld is still around but they got rid of all their doll lines, which makes me hella sad cause I really wanted one of their YoSDs. And I think Dream of Doll is gone now? They're website is totally gone!

5. Elfdoll, Hypermaniac, notdoll lab, wishel.

6. Napidoll- they have a head sculpt I was dying to get and never did! And NO ONE bought the head ever AND on top of that- I can't remember the name of the head sculpt! BUt she was so cute! I just wanted her in tan so bad and they never offered her in tan.

Elf Doll- because I find myself in need of a Dami despite the fact I already have Yumi- they are such different looking dolls despite being the "same".

Rosette School of Dolls!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I have four of them but I want more!! There were three others and the boys that I had my eye on, but didn't have the funds for and now I'm pretty much screwed. I love them so much!

Marchen Waltz- I LOVE their fish/bug eyed girls so hard!

Noble Dolls- maybe not defunct but there hasn't been a release in AGES (from JPop Dolls)

7. It is so sad to see how many really great companies are gone :(

I miss Notdoll lab so much. Their Dolls are so unique and beautiful.

Elf Doll - i´m very happy that i was able to buy my Pin up Barbara while i still had the chance. But they had many more really pretty sculpts.

Glory Doll - always loved their Goth Dolls

Unidoll - They were already gone when i joined the hobby. I would love to own 2 of their dolls. I´m not sure but i think their names are Jace and Ark.

Angelbattle - for their cute skeletons.

8. Soom Mecha Angels .... I always wanted a tan Saiph. I would like them to update the body though to be more like the recent supergem body and to have long nail hands. I would be all over this in a flash if they did so.

And Leekeworld. I miss them having dolls. I liked the newer pear shaped ones and all the fun colors.

9. Rosettadoll. I need a Zio. I miss Dream of Doll, too. And I wish Fairyland would put out more Chiclines.

10. Dream of Doll. And while Soom is still alive and kicking, I would love to see the Mecha Angel line revived.

11. Dream of Doll. Loved their style, and I still badly want an Adolph.

12. Glorydoll because their dolls were beautifull and their clothes too

13. Elfdoll is actually back, but with new sculpts. Only one Lovely so far and no Rainies yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for sure now that we know they're alive and designing :dance

14. CustomHouse (though Luts has made a bit of a revival possible :celebrate)
      They were so brilliant even though their customer service was absolute hooey. These guys were a staple of the hobby when I was really getting into it and I spent hours drooling over their limiteds and one-offs. I've been fortunate to buy a ton of them secondhand, but I miss the absolute sense of wonder I felt looking at their website all those years ago.

Unidoll

Their dolls were underrated even when they were up and kicking and I deeply regret not having purchased an Ark or UH-14. They were somewhat stylized but not super symmetrical, and not traditionally attractive either which I think lended a lot to their character! I love seeing people post their Unidolls and dream of the day I will own one.

Notdoll
      Back before Doll Chateau vomited its glorious weirdness into the BJD hobby, we had Notdoll Lab, home of the strangest sculpted lips of any doll line before or since. Opinions on their dolls were completely polarizing and understandably so...even for me, Notdoll was an acquired taste. Now I own three and love my ugly girls to bits. :love

Happydoll
      Again with the odd sculpting, Happydoll BJDs had some ridiculously small hands that some have said led to their demise. (Look up those "tiny hand" Burger King commercials from several years ago to get an idea.) However, I really loved quite a few of their dolls and I've bought a couple secondhand but the fabulous Margo still eludes me.

15. Dream of Doll.
      I want E-An soooooo badly!

16. DREAM OF DOLL

Please come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~~ :...(

I was always desperately hoping they'd re-release I-Ra. She's my grail doll and now who knows how I'm going to be able to get her :eek:

17. Kind of an outlier, but I wish I could still get a Fantasia doll. That company was around for what, a year?

18. Definitely Unidoll for me!

19. If I could choose only one company, it would unquestionably be Marchen Waltz. I only got a chance at two of their sculpts, and I'm grateful for even that! I'd certainly have bought more if I had had the funds. I'd love to see them come out with new adorable dolls, too!

Second on my list would be Gomidoll. I have my grail boy (Igon, though revised ver.) right in front of me as I write this! Her style changed significantly after him, but I wouldn't say no to rerelases of the different versions of him, if nothing else.

Third would have to be the popular CP Delfs. I want an El so badly now; I was so used to being inundated with them that I didn't realize what was in front of me! And a Soo or Soo variant would also make me happy.

Finally, I'm hopping on board the Customhouse wagon. I have my grail (ish, I recreated a Unique Ai with a Siwon head and a girl body), so I'm pleased (or placated!), but I wouldn't mind a few more. Those old style bodies, tho... my girl needs a ton of work so she can do anything besides flop around like a Magicarp.

20. really!?
      This is amazing!
      Where did you hear this news?