1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which defunct doll companies would you resurrect?

Mar 8, 2017

1. I have been avoiding the market place as I am at saturation with my collection, and the horse is huuuge :)

Ducans do appear now and again... Have found that owners hang on to their Ducans though.

2. I liked the style of Dream of Doll.

3. Elfdoll and Unidoll. Doll wise: I'd probably bring back some of the old Bluefairy sculpts.

4. Probably Fantasia Doll, they had such great SD doll potential T_T

5. For me, Dream of Doll and older CH... but that is out of bias because I own two dolls from them and really love the companies. I'd also love to see classic delf sculpts come back!!

6. This was a company that never seemed to have act together but made really cute dolls was Wishel. The tinies that came in the little eggs. I wish (no pun intended) that I brought one when they came out. Again, I get why they went out of business but so cute.

Also what happened to Jaime dolls? They were cute too

#146 Noodles, Mar 26, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    7. Domuya, I’d say— purely because I’ve wanted a Domuya Flexi-Perennial Fin for years. ):

8. Two that I miss aren't completely defunct: K-doll and Oceanmoon. I passed on ordering a K-doll Khan when he first came out because he was 70cm. And although I loved the looks of the Oceanmoon 50cm girls, I never got one even when it was announced they were being discontinued.

I also miss the early heads of Msdoll and like others, I miss GloryDoll even if their bodies were a little unattractive and not well engineered.

9. I would looove to get Notdoll Lab back, even though the were 'before my time' I would give an arm and a leg for some of their dolls, especially citron bleu

and Angelheim would be very welcome too they're monster dolls were amazing

I'm lucky enough to own a Ligaya and Luka the wolf though, so I shouldn't really complain

10. Elfdoll, Unidoll and Dream Of Doll, I've had dolls from all three companies and loved them so much! :pout:

11. Elfdoll reminisce heads and Ariadoll for me ;)

12. I really hope DoD can be back, it is one of the companies that bought me into this hobby back in 2009. And it is pretty much the only company that I still love the sculpts they had produced at that time.

13. I really miss for Unidoll. There are many so-so realistic sculpts now, but Unidoll's have their own magic))

14. DreamofDoll definitely - I had my eyes on a few before they shut down and I love my DoD Sha too much to not want more! :D

15. It's been a while but I remember a BJD doll company that made animorphic pigs. It was a while back and I forgot their name but they were selling around $300 a pop. I still recall that this company/artist had issues later on and owed a lot of people their orders. It was a huge deal within the flickr community and here as well. I think it was around 2007.

16. Are you talking about Charles' Creature Cabinet?

I'd still love to see CustomHouse and Not doll. Other than Volks, CH was the big kid on the block.

17. Yes, I looked it up and it's the Apple Cherry Blossom Pig by Charles Stephan. I remember it being widely popular back in the day but then he couldn't fulfill orders at one point I believe.

18. His company is not defunct...just not allowed on DoA.

19. Dream of Doll without a doubt. I love my Ducan to pieces and I so regret missing Sha and U. A close second would be the old CP Delfs. I always assumed they'd be around for forever and put off buying the ones I really liked until it was too late. :(

20. Does Soom's Rosette line count? I agree about the old, CP Delfs. I know that Fairyland is still around.... but their sculpts now are not the same as the old Delfs that weren't popular because they weren't limited and so weren't rereleased as Feeples.