1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which do you prefer plastic,acyrlic, silicone or glass eyes?

Sep 1, 2005

1. I adore Soom silicone eyes: easy to position in the eyewell, and gorgeous bright colors. I'm kind of a klutz when it comes to putting eyes in (ie, I wind up positioning them unevenly and don't notice until a few days later, stupid things like that) so the semi squishyness of silicone eyes is just the ticket.

2. I've had glass and acrylic, and I tend to prefer acrylic for the range of colours and styles available, as well as the detail they offer. One of my boys has one glass eye, which is serviceable but nothing really special, and if anything I find it to be overly lacking in detail (the colour's rather flat and uniform throughout the eye, with no darkening at the rims and only very pale threading) and I'm thinking of replacing it. My other boy has a pair of acrylic Schwarzaugen eyes, and he's gotten so many positive comments on them in the short time he's been here I'm amazed. Still, they're very pretty, so they get my vote, too.

3. These eyes are great *drool* Is there an English version of the site? (sorry if I'm just being amazingly thick!)

4. I'm in the group that prefer's Masterpiece, due to the ease of fit and the natural way they look.

Glass eyes are striking but they don't look "real" to me in the same way that the soft eyes do.

5. how weird the luts eye doesnt look like it has too much depth but could just be the photo or light because I have seen some very beautiful luts eyes( dont know if they were glass or acrylic though.

Thank you for sharing the photo I used to lived in Antioch then Pleasanton btw!

6. *waves* I know you :)

7. it is just the photo - here are some others

green/grey glass eyes from luts

with the flash

[​IMG]

without the flash

[​IMG]

8. definitely masterpiece polymers, my Mitsuki has them and they're lovely

9. Hmmm, I personaly can't stand acyrlics. I just hate the way the light reflects off them, to me they just seem to have no depth. Glass has quite a bit of depth, and I like it, but I have to say my favorite eyes by far are urathane eyes such as enchanted doll or eye candies. As you can tell, it's very important for me to have really eye catching eyes (lol) that have alot of depth in photos, and I personally find those fit the bill exactly, so I'm willing to pay the high price.

Silicone eyes are quite usefull, expecially if you have a doll with an uneven eyewell, because they conform to the eye well really well. I've only owned a pair of sooms, and I liked the depth they gave, but I didn't like the funny bump they had that casts shadows...I suspect I'd really like masterpeice if I saw them in person, they have some really beautiful and real looking styles!

10. I like glass myself...but my Orin might need Masterpiece...soft glass might fit him better due to me sanding out his eye wells.

11. has anyone seen the new hand made ones that are on the market ? right now they are only for like 14mm I saw some on ebay selling from hong kong I think

12. I like Urethane and Glass. I really don't like acrylic so I don't use them ever.. I never had silicone eyes, so I'm not sure if I like them ^^;

13. I've tried glass, acrylic, and silicone eyes, and I like all of them, honestly. I'd have to say I actually like glass the least; I like really vivid eyes, and I've had a hard time finding glass ones that fit the bill. I love acrylics because they come in so many kinds of colours and styles, and silicone ones are great for people like me who suck at getting eyes in a head properly.

14. Well my first (and so far only) doll has EA urethane eyes and I adore them. They're stunning. But I have to say I am fond of the look of Volks metallics; am really interested to look into some silicone eyes for dolls in my planning that I'd like to have smaller eyes than are intended for their sculpt; I'm not crazy about the appearance of many glass eyes, but that still leaves plenty I want to try (I'd kill for some thin green Zouks); and I'm actually liking the way acrylics don't give off a reflection, because sometimes I don't like how I can see a distorted silhouette of myself in front of the lighted window when I photograph my boy.

Mostly it depends on the color and the pattern in the iris for me to decide I like the eyes.
      I like some detail there, but don't want it to be too "busy" and a dark color rim around the iris is just delicious.

15. At first I bought extra eyes from schwarzaugen and thought that they are really great. Then I received my SD Sara with standard SD Sara eyes. They looked good too but then my MSD Midori II arrived! She wears glas eyes and that just looks fantastic! I think I won't buy acrylic eyes anymore. The deep and sparcling of the glas eyes are just too fantastic!
      By the way I never saw silicone eyes in real, only on photos!

16. I've considered myself a strictly glass eye girl, but I kind of recently purchased a pair of Masterpiece soft glass.. and WOW! They are much easier to place in the head as they stay put. There is also a transparency to the pupil, so light comes through brilliantly.

I still love glass eyes for their realism, but the soft glass/silicone eyes give them a lot of competition.

17. I have always been curious about the soft eye glass...

18. I've always loved acrylics and silicone. they both have a beautiful bright assortment of colors and many sizes to choose from. and sometimes are reasonably priced. ^_^ so, those two for me. plastic I wouldn't really trust most because I'm afraid of the sharp edges from not being cut cleanly, and glass I'd be afraid of breaking it. soo, fragile, I'd rather not have to worry about it. non-breakable eyes for me thanks.

19. I like glass eyes but I can usually only afford acrylics. lol :sweat

~Alyson

20. I'm partial to glass, but I like different types of eyes for different dolls. For Cecilia, who is very dramatic, I prefer her Eye Candies. For Shindoni, who is much softer and more "doll-like", I prefer glass.

I have a pair of CH Glass eyes, and omg, I can never go back to standard glass eyes. High quality glass all the way for me, bankruptcy be damned! :lol: