1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which do you prefer plastic,acyrlic, silicone or glass eyes?

Sep 1, 2005

1. Oh what about the ones that are plastic around the base and glass in the middle ? I think I just like the way the glass ones feel heavy...

2. please delete post

3. I have seen those types of eyes I think they might be palstic but they are all one piece and are oval and flat I wonder how well those fit into eye holes...

4. I have some of each.

George wears Masterpiece acrylics in Cobalt. They are perfect. They look almost real.

Dennis now has Masterpiece acrylics in Stormy. Again, they look frighteningly lifelike. His default glass from elfdoll were a gorgeous blue violet, but too dark again. Out of his head and as little glass sculptures they are delicious but the simply don't show at all in his head.

Nana has her default Volks HG glass and they are nice but so dark that she looks like sha has black pits for eyes in photos. They also don't come up too well in regular light.

Illya has had several pairs. Her regular masterpiece are fun red dragon eyes but I don't like how they sit in her head. If I get a yo-sd I might put them in there. She has 2 pairs of the 'cheap' flat back oval glass eyes and they are superb. The blue look perfectly realistic. The green are a bit eerier but still nifty. The blueblack luts acrylics are lovely as well. Good depth and a lifelike appearance. I also like the volks mettalic gold and metalic green acrylics. The cheap acrylics are not so hot but then what do you expect for .50?

I like the glass as sculpture but the Masterpiece & Luts acrylics best for realism and the Volks acrylics for wild colour.

I've seen a Schwartzaugen set in a doll and they're much cooler in situ than on the site.

5. In general I like the depth of glass, but I have a few acrylic pairs I adore because of the detail, and I am in love with Schwarzaugen, if only they had the colours I want in stock...

6. Are those Shindoni's eyes??? They are superb and soooo pretty!

7. I love silicone eyes. The squishy ones. I tried acrylic and glass, but since they are hard, they leave small gaps between the eye and the eyelids. It really bothered me so I tried soft eyes that I can really squish in there and there is no gap. It's true they can get dusty a lot easier than hard eyes, but they are easily cleaned and have a nice shine.

In the end it's personal preference! =)
      - Megan

8. I like silicone the best because they conform to the eye socket and are easier to position. Masterpiece is my favorite followed by Soom.

Acrylic eyes - I like SchwarzAugen, the optical polymer RD with the rimmed iris.

Glass - I only have Souldoll which are very nice.

9. I think souldoll eyes are acrylics, actually, but all solid acrylic.
      It's not only a question of material in eyes, it's also construction!

10. I just got a pair of Silicon eyes (Foggy Nights) and I love how the light plays with their color. Sometimes they look almost green, sometimes they're a deep purple.
      Before I only had Kaynes defaults (blue-grey accrylics) and they're kind of flat.

I just ordered my first Eye-candies and I can't wait to see if they are really as deep and lively as everyone keeps saying!

11. i've only got acrylic from dod which are nice but you can see the paper in the eyes if you look closely >_< i have pair of round glastic eyes and they look really nice and they're easy to put in and souldoll eyes,they just top everything :D

12. Never seen or tried glass eyes and have yet to really see any that i want for a price i would pay.

I like silicon eyes from soom ^_^

I have no problem with acrylic eyes although i wish i could find a red good enough to get rid of the souldoll ones i have. they seriously do not fit a DoD properly.

13. Sorry.. but, everyone is recommending all these brands, but I've only seen one link to a brand that doesn't even have an English version. Um. Is there a link to masterpiece, eye candies... etcetera?

14. I prefere Soft Glass (Silicon) Eyes... They just look more beautiful and Realistic. They catch the light so beautifully just as real life eyes do.
      -Anthony

15. They don't just glow in photos. They're one of the only eye brands I can identify in the doll right off the bat. Sooo pretty.

I'm starting to love the Soom eyes. I got several of them the other day and I love them. I prefer eyes with lots of detail though and that can sometimes only be found in glass eyes... I wish the really pretty ones wern't so expensive... -_-

16. *totally agrees* :D Sumiya's sitting next to me with his eyecandies in and they literally glow O.O it's really amazing :D I love eyecandies ^_^

17. I've got three pairs of eyes: 1 each of acrylic, glass, and silicone. I like the glass the best because they're the clearest and most realistic, despite being reeeeally cheap ($5), they're also the easiest to set in the head. The the pattern of the iris looks too fake in the acrylic. The silicone ones are the second best looking ones, but the pupils aren't exactly the same since they're handcrafted, and they're harder to set in the head. Overall, in the future I plan on getting glass and eurethane eyes. I'll get acrylic and silicone for the more obscure colors or for pupiless or cat eyes, since it's virtually impossible to find those in glass...

18. My girl came with the cobalt acrylic eyes from Luts. They're very dull and dead looking. Her eye sockets seem to be filled with blackness when they're installed. I hate them. I'm sure that there are some acrylic eyes that really do look nice, but I'm really wary of purchasing acrylics now, thanks to having such a bad experience my first time around.

On the other hand, I recieved my first pair of glass eyes today. These were not expensive at all, yet they have so much more depth and shine. I love them. :D

19. has any one seen the pinch back eyes? They are glass and usually more inexpensive. I bought a pair of those and they are pinch back, heavy and pretty but they are kinda odd when you place them in the eyehole. I think I like working with round ones better.

this is not the best picture but :
      [​IMG]