1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which doll suprises you again and again/do you find the most versatile?

Jan 16, 2007

1. I don't have one myself but I'm always surprised at how versatile Volks Madoka and Volks Kun are and how you can change them into such beautiful ladies or into handsome boys ^^

2. Well I would say KK Maya sculpte...ALL the faces I've seen of her look completely different...

3. Lishe's and Schoolhead C's and Hound!
      Really, non of them is just a little bit the same, they're amazing.
      Though, I would never buy the first one and the last one I called.

4. for me i'd have to say syo. the range of owner pics i've seen is just so varied and when i later found out how many looks syo can pull off i was just O_o and here i thought syo was only able to do cutesy lolita when syo actually makes a rather fetching punk boy

5. Elfdoll Soah!

6. To me the most versitile doll I've seen is Shall, which I own. Not for her identify-ability but in the range of styles you can take the doll. No matter what style ofwig I put on her, no matter the color, she looks good. I've gone from a stand-up black punk to carrot colored Heidi braids and she looks the part. She wears leather or lace with equal grace. She's been a Russian aristocrat and a mermaid. I've seen her impressively done as punk and goth. She is my perfect girl.

7. I have to agree with you both. I don't own a Paris, and was not initially crazy about the scuplt, but I have seen a number of Paris' and could not believe how different he looked each time I saw a new one. He looked great; going from boyish and bookish to sullen and sexy. In each case, I did not recognize the doll until he was identified. :ablink:

Im also amazed at how different the Volks F-16 mold can look from one doll to another. I know its a very strong mold, but I just can't get over how each doll looks so individual and distinctive based on the face-ups.

8. I'd say Lishe, I always recognize her- but her range is incredible, She can look innocent and young, slutty, gothy and ocassionaly dowdy. But she does have a number of different molds so that helps.
      I find volks difficult to recognize somethimes, but that is more because for me a number of the molds look like 1 face running through a range of expressions. So they can surprise me too.

9. Thank you for sharing these, I suppose its for these exact reasons that I'm so drawn to Volks sculpts *^^*

10. They all surprise me everyday!

11. Agreed!

I also think Narae can be pretty versatile. She always looks different. There are no two Narae that look the same. I think that's cool ;)

12. For me it's my Volks F0-8 head - Sophie. She just can take on so many different looks and attitudes with slight changes. And when her faceup is different she really looks different.

Nancy

13. For me, it was Supia Rosy and Migidoll Ryu, that is why they are my 2 latest - and probably most loved - dolls. :aheartbea

Volks Nana SWD is another one. She mesmerizes me. Weird, because at first I didn't like Volks dolls, but with the time, I have come to understand why people can go crazy about them...

14. VOLKS F-01, they can be made to look so drastically different with just a different faceup

15. My vote is on CP Lishe as well^_^
      I have one and with different faceup she looks so different!!!!!!!!!!
      Not to mention that she has been turn into boys by some owners out there:)

16. I think Dark Elf Soo in all of her various sizes is very versatile. I've seen them look dark/gothic, sassy, sweet, and just about everything in between!

17. I'd say, pretty much any doll that doesn't have specific fantasy parts or a strong skin color. The more generic a doll looks, the more it will fit in with a lot of different looks, depending on how it is styled (with eyes, wigs, clothes, added parts, etc.).

Even dolls with hooves and horns and red skin can look very different with drastic changes of wig, eyes, clothes and added parts, though!

18. Migidoll Ryu. I've seen him as the cute typical wimpy nerd, a dominant [albeit petite] brooding beau, a pretty woman, a girly boy, a hot tattooed skater boy, the pouty punk, a tribal warrior, and even a kabuki actor. Some dolls just have a couple looks, but this one always pops up in something different and has yet to look tacky.

19. RealPuki Soso! That tiny little doll can have a million different looks.