1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Elfdoll body do you own or plan to get?

May 2, 2008

?
  1. Original 2 part small bust

2. 3 part large bust

3. New body

4. Undecided for new or next purchase

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Just to point out that the poll at the start of this thread currently shows over half the people who have expressed a preference, have opted for the new body, so based on that reaction, I'd say it could actually be popular.

Personally, I have had a 3 part Ryung and a 2 part Sooah, but currently only have an original Emma. I have ordered a new version of Emma on the grounds that the new joints seem to improve how she will pose and I like the look of the slimmer body. The breasts may be a bit too squished, but atleast they are not overly big. BUT...I do echo the general feeling and would like to see a more natural relaxed chest sculpt.
      Once new Emma arrives, I suspect I will sell off the older body and if I really don't like the new one either, then I have a back up plan for another body and will give one of the heads a different look;)

2. I have both the large bust and small bust Rainy bodies and I have Hazy on layaway. While my initial reaction was negative concerning the bust on the new body I have gotten used to it and I love the look when clothed.

There are a few I know who have received their Hazys and they are very pleased with how she poses and the new body. I am most excited about the double joints and ankles that don't wobble! I also like the slimmer thighs.

I like variety in my collection and I don't plan to replace my older bodies for new nor do I plan to try to find an older body for Hazy. I'm more concerned about a lovely facial sculpt and a body that poses well.

3. I only have the large breast. I like it's curves except for the problem that it can be hard to find clothing to fit, everything will just 'almost' close in the back. That frustration is the only reason I'd change bodies.
      There are a lot of patterns out there for dresses that will fit, but no shirts. I'd love for a button up LB shirt pattern.

4. Absolutely agreeing with this. I got my Hazy today and she's solid as a rock and poses like a dream. I don't have any issues with the torso-jointing, and those poseable elbows are just incredible. Now I'm really tempted to try and swap my other girl's old large-busted body for a new version if I get the chance! :D

5. I fell in love with Elfdoll's older small bust and large bust girls partially because OF the way the breasts were molded. They had a more natural shape and in my eyes, that shape pretty much forgave everything else that wasn't perfect - eg: wobbly ankles - because for me, proportions and realism is a Good Thing.

With the nipped in waist and perma-pushup-bra breasts, the female Elfdoll body has lost the visual charm that had endeared me to her in the first place. :sweat

It's possible that after some time, I'll like her, but as it stands, I'll be hunting for an old small-busted girl.

6. About that ... as I'm writing this, the poll indicates a total of 56 hits on the body types (excluding the seven hits on undecided, which would make the total number of votes 63). Of these 56 hits, 26 people, or 46%, have chosen the new body. This is corroborated by the diagram, where the new body bar is obviously shorter than the sum of the two others.
      But the poll says only 47 people have voted, and that 56.32% picked the new body!
      I'm confused... *_*

Anyway, I never interpreted sweethreads' poll as a popularity contest, but just as a question of how many people already own or intend to get one type of body or another, as a basis for sweethreads' decision on which body she should use as a model for the clothes she's planning to make.
      The reaction on the other three or four threads on DoA where the new Elfdoll "Squash-Bust" body has been discussed however tells a remarkably uniform story. It is on this reaction that I base my assessment that the likelihood of the new body really taking off with Western ABJD fans seems very slim indeed, until such a time when Elfdoll chooses to release Rainman's original bust sculpt.
      What is remarkable about this whole affair is that I can't recall this strong a negative reaction to any new body ever before in the community...

But having said all that, I do like the new body in almost all other respects, and if it wasn't for the horrible "Squash-Bust", I certainly would buy it. With the bust the way it is though, I certainly never will.

7. I have the old LB version & I love her! She's so beautiful! But that said...
      I don't think I wll order the new body. I don't like the bust from the pic's. They remind me of a Luts. So, if I am going to pay a lot of money for a new doll, I will just get a Luts. I love their faces & have always wanted one. Even with the larger busts, theirs seem a little more realistic from the pic's.
      Mary

8. I am new to ABJDs and one of the first artists I learned about was Rainman and I really liked the looks of most of his headsculpts, especially Sooah and June. When I showed them to my husband--who is not thrilled at the cost of this new hobby--he really liked them too. Then I saw the new body---arrgh, ick. But then I read it posed better than the old body and that some old bodies had resin problems. Now I'm very confused. My husband says if I really want one, I should buy now while the old sculpts are still available--but now I'm not sold on them either.

I love the face sculpts but right now I'm also slanting toward the more fantasy end of what I want to do for dressing my dolls. I have a Peakswood Yulli on the way, so I guess I'll stick with undecided on the new body--at least for now.

9. I like the old small bust body best. I don't feel the need for my girls to have such huge boobs, quite frankly. And I really don't like the new body, the bust is ok, but the way the ankle joints look just bothers me. So I refuse to buy it.

10. I'm curious. I had heard about this Elfdoll 'new body', but I couldn't find pics of it on the Elfdoll site. Of course, that could be because I was looking for it bleary-eyed, in the wee hours of the morning. Could someone please direct me to somewhere I can actually see this hotly-contested body for myself?

Thanks!

11. Thank you, Borovnian....

First of all, I must say I love, Love, LOVE the original LB Elfdoll body that my beautiful, sexy Ryung has. I have always loved the beauty of Rainman's dolls' faces and the wonderful sensuality of the old-style body. I really never considered that Elfdoll might need to 'improve' it. I didn't see anything wrong with it to begin with.

I mean no disrespect to Rainman, but after taking a look at the new Elfdoll body, I'm sorry to say that I am not impressed. I find the proportions... odd. The lower torso seems abnormally long from the navel to the crotch, and the upper torso looks too narrow for the rest of the body. The new bust is, as many have mentioned, strangely mashed together. I've never seen breasts squished together like that unless they were in a push-up bra. She'd probably look great dressed in a bustier, which is what her body already looks like it's encased in.

Although I do like the new elbow joints, I don't like the look of the knees. They look almost saggy. Nor do I like the new ankles, which are rather thick.

I do believe that if I am ever inspired to buy another Elfdoll, I will be looking for one of the old bodies. I don't think I will be investing in the new one.

12. I am looking forward to the day my Hazy arrives. I have a LB Ryung (Nina) who I love, but have never been enamored of her pose ability, but Hazy with the new body looks better.
      I have a Ruru, and I adore her body! None of my dolls spend a lot of time nude, so what her body looks like nude, is not an issue.

I sew for my girls, so I am glad that I will now have 3 different size boobs to sew for.

I think as a starting point, purchasing an older, LB body is a good option, as there are a lot of Elfdolls out there, with that body style :)

I think there are more people that like this new body, but the detractors are just a little more vocal....I decided to go ahead with my Hazy purchase, after seeing more Elfdoll photos of her, and her coloring...

I am happy and I can't wait until she gets here.

Susan

13. I love them all but must admit that Hazy is the best at holding a pose. My all time favorite body is the small bust but I must admit I also own some large bust Elfdolls' too.

14. I love the Elfdoll body, I had one for my Supia Rosy head, but sold her. I can't Elfdoll have they closed? I have another Rosy head and want an Elfdoll body,

15. I loooooove Elfdoll......I wish they were still around *sob*

16. Oh dear, me too!