1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which girls are most realistic?

May 12, 2007

1. Also - think about Soah or Sooah with a different faceup - I think the eyebrows are normally done so that they look worried or frowning. I plan a modest adjustment to my dream girl Soah so that her eyebrows are not drawn together to make her worry so much. ^_^

BtA

2. Not the most realistic, but I love Volks's Emma:aheartbea
      To me, she's perfectly in between, real yet still doll enough.

Sera~

3. I think everybody's covered it with the Narae (check out the Impassive's Boon--holy freakin *living* doll) limhwa has a truly amazing realistic body sculpt unlike any I've ever seen, I'd say Supia Roda too--but I think the hard-to-find Supia 60 even more, also, Unidoll's been mentioned, if Jace is anything to measure them by--they are absolutely fantastic. (I hear they're working on a "Real Girl" to go with Jace, may be something to wait for . . .) I have a love for Elfdolls girls, especially Lydia--check out Lexalot's Kara ^_^ Also, I've seen Kourosakura's minime girl, Trudie--fabulous (OOAK, obviously since it's a minime, but may be an option to consider.)

There's a thread I started a while back for Women--some really fantastic girls in there, and a good way to see even some of the popular girls look so different with the way they're styled, face-ups etc.

4. I'll join the vote for Elfdoll Soah, Sooah and Lydia (I find Ryung and RuRu less realistic). Also Narae and the Dollstown girls.

5. Nobody's mentioned Shinydolls yet. They're on the petite side of SD size, and they have VERY realistic faces.

6. If you can't afford some of the more expensive girls here, I would recomend Iplehouse Iris or any of their women. They have nicely detailed proportions and faces and the normal skin tone is just right as are their darker women. I love my Iris. Most of the other girls here are lovely too.
      Eliz

7. and that girl June is so pretty- I have seen some lovelies- decisions decisions... I forgot to quote the person with the beautiful Sooah in their avatar- I like them done that way, but sometimes the "angry" sooahs freak me out a bit, must keep them in a seperate room...:sweat

So pretty- On the limhwa thread, there is that beautiful faceup by someone else with the browns and blue eyes, WOW- I would have to shell out enough for the doll and get a faceup like that... maybe much later- she is gorgeous! she is out of my budget for now, must... resist... urge to buy Unoa in preorder...

oooo, Souldoll Arhanian sure is cute, but I can't tell if it is a boy- why are all the cute faces on boys! $*#&@*#?

8. I LOVE Dollstown's faces! :D Lovely girls!

I'd reccomend the model doll heads Bonnie or Ipsae for an older teen girl, they seem pleasantly realistic:
      http://dollmore.net/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20060303110204&c_code=C20070418101953

Also, I made a realistic -style head as part of a project, it's actually my own face XD (kinda) and I wanted to sell a few casts if anyone wanted one, but she has kitty ears so I don't know if it's what you are looking for: (Just putting it out there tho. :whee: )
      [​IMG]

9. My recommendation is Elfdoll.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

10. I'd like to suggest ShinyDoll too! The sculpts are darling with a sweet Asian look. :) Something else to consider, would be to purchase the ShinyDoll Thaasa body, and use it with almost any head sculpt you enjoy--Elfdoll and the CP's are perfect, as are most. Many are available as a head alone from their respective manufacturers. Also, lots and lots of wonderful SD heads are sold here at DOA in the "Marketplace-Large Dolls" section. We think there isn't a more pose able body than the Thaasa. She's ready to go without sueding/wiring/gluing/etc. She'll do about any pose you can think of, without any flopping or flinging. Though I am certainly biased, anyone who has handled the Thaasa, is in complete agreement. The body amazes anyone who poses it. It's great fun to offer this wonderfully enjoyable SD girl body. Please click the link to bjdFantasy, below in my signature, and at the site you will see our Thaasa Photo albums, where there is bjd comparison information, as well as some fun photos of the Thaasa in "action". Our SD outfits section, too, shows Thaasa in several types of standing postions. We'd love to see you!

11. I'm having the same problem. I want a realistic face but not all seems to please me... I like Supia dolls but that is not what I'm looking for. Mybe I should go for a Minimee? *sigh

12. I have an IH Harin, and she looks quite realistic- and the Iplehouse bodies are really nice! I did the faceup myself, and she looks quite different from default, her sculpt is very versatile.

AND, in february, Soom will release a female Super Gem... by the looks of the handsomemale Spinel, she might be one of the more realistic sculpts (but hopefully very different from Mecha Angel Dia *_* )

Other than that, I would agree about Elfdoll... they are such a lovely mixture of realism and doll-like. BTW Elfdoll are one of the least pricey alternatives too, at 470 USD.

13. Yes... my next doll would be Spinel... I think maybe I should wait to see Dia. I like the Mecha Angel face but she's so tall... Spinel will look like a bug on her side LOL. I was thinking that Hye (Souldoll) is pretty realistic too... IH Harin is also gorgeous... Gosh, this is so difficult! I've been looking around for days:...(

14. I second that! :D

I have souldoll hye and even other dollowners are amazed by how realistic she looks >.<

[​IMG]

They arent vey big ( 55 cm) but very detailed and fragile built. She has a very slim waist and very slim wrists and ankles. Her body is very detailed and realistic to ( if you dont look at the proportions, not real woman can have such breasts and hips with such a waist. )

15. I think that Hye will be my next girl. You convinced me:D Thanks!

16. :D No problem! Hye is such a lovely sculpt, she needs to be loved more!

bevore you go and order, you might want to look at photo's I made of my hye nude, becous irl she looks very different then on the company shots.

warning nude (doh)

on the company shots you can barely see her destinctive collar bones cous the photo's were make from below.

17. Yes, I think that companies should take diferent pictures...with diferents wigs... dunno... sometimes (as you said) the pictures make the doll looks different... :sweat

She looks so real there! She's what I was looking for oneof my characters. Thanks!:D

18. Limhwas beat all. Sherry on DoA, here, just posted me a photo of her two Limhwa princesses, one of the guys here at work saw them, & thought they were real girls. I wish I knew how to drop the picture into this post, because they're fabulous. I think the Limhwas edge out the Souls & others if only by a bit - and the body sculpt is fabulous, altho Sherry says they don't pose as well as some others.

I have to agree w/Bluehaiku: when my souldoll Arhanian arrived, I had to take all his makeup off. He looked like some pedophile's idea of an ideal lunch-! I wish they made more realistic looking boys, without them being so ... overly thin-faced & churlish/sulky in expression. What's wrong w/a nice, friendly boy's face that doesn't look simultaneously malnourished?

19. I found Spinel (soom) really handsome. I was visiting elfdoll and Mir looks awesome with wig:D. I understand what you say Nancy... For me it's difficult to find a handsome guy with good body that doesn't look 16.

20. I also think that Domuya's Perennial Fin is pretty realistic. Maybe not as much as some of the Limwha or Elfdoll girls... but she definitely looks a bit odd next to my CP and DoD dolls and some of my crazy faceups. =P My girl is currently undergoing a faceup change, but here's one of the Domuya pics:

[​IMG]

I love the sculpting on her lips and torso best. ^_^