1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favorite BJD body and why?

Apr 3, 2007

1. SD size: SD13 long legged Volks bodies. I had one for a while, and I just love the look of them over-all. They pose pretty nicely as well. They're tied with the Luts boy bodies for me. I love how skinny and smooth the Luts boy bodies are, but for a more mature and muscular body I like the SD13. ^^ Also, the Luts boys have long, long legs which I adore.

With minis it would have to be Unoa all the way. While I LOVE the MSD Volks bodies in the way they look and feel, they don't pose all that great. Unoa bodies are just love. <3

Tinies, I'd again have to say Volks Yos. They pose so cutely and are just wonderful to handle! I wish I had kept my little Yo. x3

2. ooh if you want a tiny with great posibility its Hana all the way

3. Loving my Limhwa's. The Toyou is like the perfect "barbie", can wear all the cheap clothes, cars , etc, but she has feet that are to cute a great tummy, hips and boobs that look very realistic. Then the 57cm- Just beautiful. I love the ribs above her breasts. The breasts that are in the right place- for one who is naked most the time. Legs that are the right amount of curvy.
      For boys- Dollstown 15boy- Manly all the way- Just wish his cankles were smaller.

4. I really like the older CP girl bodies with the chest joint which is what my Isabella has. I really dislike hip joints.

5. I adore the Domuya normal skin boy bodies. I wish they would match Eon. They are beautiful and have just the right amount of muscle and have the nicest back sculpt ever.

6. What do you like about the chest joint better?

7. There are many bodies that I don't care for but particularly I don't care for most of the girl bodies from Volks (SD 16 Oliva is a different story). I love the look of a doll with a great body. I myself don't have one so I let my dolls wear the things I wouldn't ;)

Some of my favs are:

CP Luts Delf Girls (it's the big boobs and the graceful legs and arms)
      Both sized Naraes (both have natural sculpts and modest, yet realistic busts)
      Unoa (what's not to like? She's cute and sexy to the max!)

But 2 of the most beautiful sculpts for body that I think out does every other company is Limhwa's Half-Elf and Human Girls and Supia Roda. This is the female form in all it's beauty. I think they go far beyond just being a piece of resin.

8. Yukinojo Sawaragi (Volks SD16) is my favorite body sculpt. He poses beautifully and looks very masculine. After that, I'm not sure. Possibly the Unoa.

9. Volks oldskin SD13 girl body. Beautiful, natural, poses good, and since lots of clothes are made to this standard, easy to find clothes for. I also prefer the feel of oldskin over pureskin.

I'm also really getting into my new Unoss body. While the man hands and feet can look awkward at times, I really love the rest of the proportions.

10. Hmm... I think for SD girl bodies I think I'd have to go with the Limwha body, although I really love the Iplehouse girl body. For MSD, Mini Supia all the way. It's so detailed, beautiful to look at, and poses like no one's business. For guys... I love the Lati body but he's hard to pose. I also love the hound body but...also hard to pose >.< For the look of them though, I accept that I struggle a bit trying to pose them naturally. For MSD boys... I like the look of the mini fees but the posability of Dollmore and Lati blues is ridiculous. And, they look good to boot <3

11. Narin Creative, definitly.
      They're the most sophisticated and realistic of them all.
      And their looks are the most gorgeous of them all!

12. 1/3 size: Volks SD10 Suwarikko body. :aheartbea I love the cute sitting pose and the way the legs pose so well! The jointed torso adds a nice amount of flexibility without making the body floppy, and I REALLY like the more realistic sculpt; Volks' SD girls have lovely bodies without being incredibly skinny. :) And the resin is gorgeous and so smooth!

1/4 size: Volks SDC boy bodies, hands down! Besides the gorgeous resin they have excellent balance and poseability -- the extra joints are just awesome! And IMHO they are the most distinctively "male" mini size body, yet they don't look super muscled or anything. I think that the SDC boy body is one of the very few mini boy bodies that couldn't easily look like a girl if put in a dress and a girly wig. ;)

13. Well, WE might be alone, but that's ok, too! ;)

14. Luts mature type 1 body is sexaaay! :drool I also very much love the Musedoll body, very slender and graceful. :love Hence why I named my Thalia Swann. ;)

15. I think the SD 16 Volks girl body is gorgeous.. those calf muscles in the high heeled legs, and her abs are terrific.. also love the arms on the SD 16 boy too!..

16. Of the bodies I've seen in person, I still like Bluefairy the best @___@
      I like their stick-thin arms and little stomachs and hipbones. XD
      I'm a sucker for CP legs, though.

17. I like the RODA bodies the best~

18. At least there's three of us! :)

19. For pure beauty Elfdoll RuRu has the most delicious body. The one part torso has wonderful anatomical details. A very close second is the 60cm Limwhas. In boys, it's a toss-up between Lati redline or Unidoll Jace. They both have very defined musculature but, for my taste, Jace is just a bit more well proportioned overall.

20. So far as looks go, I have to say Unidoll Jace and Narin- both sizes.
      And so far as the quality of posing, etc., the best I've ever handled was a Narsha boy. His posing was amazing, I have yet to see anything in person that matches it.