1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favorite BJD body and why?

Apr 3, 2007

1. I really like the Bambicrony bodies - they're so easy to pose and I love that. For sheer aesthetics I love the Luts bodies, specifically the SD boy and the MNF girl bodies.

2. I love my Obitsu to bits! I'd recommend going with the "classic" joints as opposed to the "BJD" joints. The BJD joints gives them less freendom of movement, especially in the knees.

I really think mine's spoiled me for most other bodies. Whenever anyones like "OMG! This doll can touch her own cheek!" I look at my Obitsu and am like "This is special?"

I'm getting a Flexi-body, since it seemed the only resin boy that could hold the poses I'm used to with my Obitsu, so I'll see how I like it.

(If you go for an Obitsu...buy several of the "inner abdominal part" those stupid things break if you look at them cross-eyed. :evil: )

Edited because I forgot to add something: I don't really think the quality is less, abdominal part aside. It's just that they're vinyl, and vinyl lends itself to being more mass produced. This is also why replacement parts are cheap and plentiful. They're an incredibly cool doll, and they do have a little bit less stress than a more expensive doll. I know if I do something stupid and break him, I can have him fixed in about three days, and I never have to worry about string tension.

3. Thanks so much Ladyrixx! I appreciate knowing I'm not making a mistake :D, at least not in everyone's book :D I can't wait to purchase the body and hope to do so in a few weeks. It'll be great to give Gretel a body! I had fun painting her and want to see her finished!

Ingie

4. well i like the bodys of the luts dolls, i realy like the joints for some reason....

~Kat

5. I think my favorite BJD body is the Lishe. LOL I'm a comic book nut, (duh) and she has THE body from comics!!!!

6. I like the posability of it and she sits up really well. waist joinst always seem floppy and unreliable to me.

7. The new SD17 looks really interesting but currently my favorite is Dollstown Hue for boy bodies (too bad I missed it... and now am waiting for the re-stock).

My #1 favorite SD body is the 2003 Hypermaniac girl body. Petite without being too skinny, curvy without being over-endowed... it is in my mind perfect! Of available (well, MORE available I suppose since they aren't really available either) female doll bodies, I am very fond of Dollstown again, except that pinkywhite skin doesn't match much of anything.

I would have said Roda, which is a wonderful body except that the longer I have her the more the 'pushup' boobs bother me. It just doesn't fit most of the outfits I have.

For MSD, it's hard to beat Unoa, although surprisingly the Dollzone bodies are remarkably good, especially for the price. They are slender and pose well.

For Yo-size I really couldn't choose between Volks Yo-SD and Bambicrony. I truly love both bodies which are in my mind the best constructed, cutest and most posable of any of the bodies around of any size!! The only negative points I'd give for Yo SD is that I find their head/body ratio bigger than I prefer. Bambicrony has somewhat smaller heads and somewhat smaller bodies and somehow the balance just works better for me. Interestingly, Bambi heads fit pretty well on Yo bodies (my poor Ann head is sitting around in a drawer now). But, you can't really penalize a nearly perfect body for the fact that you prefer a smaller head size than they come with!!

I'm really interested in the Thassa and Domuya flexi-body but haven't yet gotten one. I am still a little hesitant until I've seen/felt one in person. I really like the idea of the better posing ability, and don't mind trading off a bit of aesthetic to get it. But, I have to see how it looks with heads I have and how the height/build works in my group as a whole.

Oh! And for 'you can't really identify the size' award, I have to say Dollstown Soph is the perfect balance of form and function. It is beautiful to look at, poses like a dream and... is a color that none of my heads seems to want to match (I find DT heads too large for the bodies... see my Yo comment above). Plus, it is hard to find clothes that fit properly. It is almost as slender as a MSD but the arms and legs are far too long. It is almost exactly the same height as Hypermaniac Choyangbi and Hahanbi (which are as chunky as SD but the arms and legs are far too short) but poses far far better. I LOVE the knee joint that you can pull out to make it kneel. It's just too perfect!!

H

8. Well at the moment it's pukifee, simply because they pose so well and the quality is amazing :aheartbea

9. Always Volks. I love the Madoka headmold the best as I feel it lends itself to a wide array of characters. I love the female SD13 body a lot, as it is sculpt is soft and realistic and it produces the most natural poses I have ever seen. Its more mature counterparts, SD16, SD17 and SDGR are also favorites, although I feel they have posing issues.

Volks also has superior resin, customer service, and doll availability. ~Gus

10. I've never played with one, but the poseability of LoongSoul dolls NEVER ceases to amazie me XDDDD How many dolls can curl up in the fetal position?!
      But I do have a love for Dollzone type-1 70cm bodies <333 I love them to death, they look so nice. My only problem with them is that their arms are not proportionately long enough ;P Bu other than that, A+!!! XD

11. Tie here. Blue Blood dolls and Dollstown. Both pose great and I love the faces too. But DT has a slight edge over BBD due to I have had more of them and each one has been great all of the sizes. BBD is good esp if you want to be loyal to a USA creator and maker and she has clothes, wigs, shoes and eyes that you know will fit the doll. So if your looking for a great first BJD go with BBD and be very happy.

12. I love dollmore model doll female bodies as they are long, graceful and pose beautifully (as longs as it's not an extreme pose lol), so basically very feminine graceful bodies for girls. For males, I love the Iplehouse Eid bodies (both model and muscle) because they look the most masculine <3 So depending on the character, usually strong bodies that can be slender and lean to muscular.

13. I love the solid torso and oldskin of my ancient and venerable Volks dolls. Not the best at posing but the arch of their backs and graceful design makes them perfect for me.

14. I am very fond of the body sculpt of my Hypermaniac Gye-do. The engineering is pretty poor, especially by contemporary standards--poor lad has to wear cowboy boots because of his wonky ankles--but the shapes, the angles and planes of that body are really lovely.

My second favorite body here at home is the Volks Super Dollfie Cute boy body. The SD16 boy body has great proportions, but is not as easy to pose as SDC. Those little guys fold up so nicely--adorable...

15. Wow this old thread is back ^^;

My opinion has changed from 2007, and it's now Shinydoll all the way.

They are such clever things :)

16. For poseability I don't know, but for shape en have to say Zaoll, I just love the curves and the proportions <3

17. i'd say DOI bodies. their are not too much mascles but still looks perfect in shape <3

18. I'm in the small camp that hates Luts bodies lol, I think they're incredibly ugly and awkward.

The unoa body is my favorite.^^ I love that they're beautifully curvy without being thick looking, and they pose well. Supia girls are a close second only because their legs can be a bit awkward, but they are incredibly graceful and excellent, natural posers.

19. Volks SD17, for so many reasons - the resin-quality, the height, the lovely detailed sculpting on the hands and the torso, the super-poseable limbs and the clever locking mechanism at the knees that prevents them from buckling when posed standing up - my boy's solid as a rock, and I trust him to stay in position more than all my other dolls put together! :lol:

There are lots of nice bodies out there, but I definitely think this one beats them all.

20. I'm a BIG fan of Iplehouse's bodies...the males are manly, the females are dainty, but they have HIPS like a lot of companies fail to include!

They're just gorgeous. :) Also, Luts are in a class of their own.

Of course I've never owned one of either, so...I'm basing all on visuals.