1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favorite BJD body and why?

Apr 3, 2007

1. I'd have to say the Dollzone 70 CM old body. It's got a great upper torso sculpt and it also has a locking torso so you know it's in place when they're sitting up. The back of the torso is gorgeous too. It's not too ripped but it is well defined.

2. I love the Crobidoll R-line body, the joints are so amazing to me and he poses so nicely. Leg legs yum. His shoulders and his mid section and all of it, i'm in love with all of it. He has the cutest flat tummy in my opinion ;O;

3. I think I like the Anime styling and size of the Volks DD Dy ,mainly cause im a anime freak and cosplayer !
      I should have my first one in November 29th! i also like the way the hip sockets are kinda flat so when wearing smaller cloths they look more figure like! cant wait!

4. LS bodies are quite amazing, actually. I was always impressed with the fact that their promo photos of their girl doll, Emily, show her standing on one foot, which as far as I can figure, is something a lot of larger dolls can't do. Well after a little sueding in a couple key joints, I managed that Holy Grail pose.

Beyond that, I'm an absolute sucker for anything double jointed. The butt joints take a little getting used to but they make seated poses so easy. And you know, that's pretty much the way a real body works, too; when you're sitting your pelvis tilts backward. So they get a gold star for being anatomically/morphologically correct.

Everything about that body is so nicely sculpted - from the line of her back, to her hands, to the curves of her bust.

5. Dollstown bodies. Hands down. They are beautiful, elegant and despite only having single joints, they pose really well.

6. I was looking at the Soom girl body recently and I have to say it's my favourite body to look at, I think it's the way the stomach isn't completely flat.

7. For male bodies, I love the way Spiritdoll bodies look. They're so built, without being overdone. It's absolutely gorgeous to me. I also love the way Dollshe DSAM35 bodies look and pose. I've never played with one (yet), but just the poses they can get into has me wanting one.

For female bodies, I absolutely love Iplehouse EID and Dollmore's Glamor Eve girls. I love that they have curves, and not the slight ones most doll companies favor.

8. This is a hard question, but I think I would have to say Fairyland LittleFees. They have such nice lines and it's easy to see the center of gravity in body poses.

9. Soom Idealian. <3 I like big guys (only have SD boys) and the detail is AMAZING. Veins, rippling muscle... It's simply beautiful. And I have never had a problem posing him or keeping him still. A lot of my other boys seem to have trouble standing for long periods of time but I've never had a problem with that with him. It's nice. n.n

10. I adore Jr. Delf bodies. The size, the sculpting of the hands, the over all aesthetic and the posing. I did have to do a bit of hot glue sueding to my JDF boys but over all I have to say that their bodies are probably my favorites. The Little Monica Harmony body is a close second for very similar reason. The upper body is gorgeous and it poses rock solid. Some of the poses are a little less natural or rigid though and the elbows are a little difficult to work. I love the look of my CP delf type three but his posing does leave something to be desired. Hot glue seuding helped but he is still finicky.

11. I really liked the dollshe body 'pure' , it's no longer being made, but it's one of the only ones I've ever seen where the chest looks like it has protruding ribs. Is it bad? I like my boys looking emaciated.....I haven't seen any other ones like that so far.. but I'm new to the whole thing, I'm still looking, *crosses fingers*

12. I'm oddly in love with the Souldoll Lappy body and cannot explain why. It's very stylized/geometric/not-human-looking.

13. exactly what i was going to say. :)

14. OMGosh. Shinydoll hands down. There is no other body that is this graceful, and no other that looks so human. You can plop them down any which way and they just fall into an amazing attitude and pose.
      No other body comes close to Shinydoll aesthetically. The beauty, grace and engineering of this body make it my favorite. Next to it, every other body looks like, well, a doll. Stiff. Unnatural. Like a mannequin. Shinydoll bodies look fluid and full of anime. Alive.

15. Well for the money I really like Demon Garden boy bodies, and AoD too for girls...good value I think.

16. Seconded. I bought a Loongsoul SD girl body (smallest bust) for my Everpurple Iris head and am ecstatic! She's my best poser by far. I particularly like the wrist flexibility, it makes for very expressive hand poses. And her hands are very pretty. Overall, the body is just nicely proportioned-she's not clunky.

I've not been able to do a one-legged stand, but it's not high on my list. You set her on her feet and she stands like a rock. You lay her down and she lounges very naturally.

I like the body so much that I'm seriously considering buying a Loongsoul Evan, despite the fact that I really don't need another boy in his size and don't even have a character in mind. Loongsoul Morgan is also a possibility, though I notice that the 73.5 cm. body doesn't have the butt joints and I really enjoy the flexibility those give my girl doll.

17. I think Volks SD13 bodies is wonderfully, and stands perfectly.

18. I really like the body of the Fairyland Active Line Minifee. She is incredibly posable. I also love the very graceful Unoa body.

19. I'm still a fan of the Dollmore Adam body. It's by far the most natural and easiest poser I've owned. As long as you know how a real human might "pose" you can work that body perfectly. And I love the "real" almost fleshy look it has and the broad shoulders.

My other favorite is the Fairyland Littlefee (not so much the MNF one) body. I have two of them and they're so amazing. They don't need any work at all and there is no struggling to get them to do simple or more complex poses.

20. I've been wondering why they changed their body style for Morgan. Maybe it's a stability issue. He still has a rotating thigh joint, so he should still do the same poses, the joint is just in a different place, though I find that the butt joints are actually EASIER to manipulate than thigh joints, at least in comparing my LS girl to my Dream of Doll Petsha, who has swivel thighs.