1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which larger boys do the best poses?

Jan 8, 2007

1. I love Domuya, but I prefer their Flexi-Perennial girls for ease of posing (I have a 60cm boy and a 64cm girl).

Meanwhile, my DOT boy is AMAZING: he stands like a rock, I can get him to crouch with no trouble at all (he can stand flat with his ankles bent forward) and he has full wrist rotation, which my others don't. If you wired his arms, he'd be perfect. I wish their resin matched more different company's resins, because I'd use that body for everything.

2. A question to anyone who happens to visit this thread again: how well do Crobidoll R-Line boy bodies pose? I want to buy a Nia but the body doesn't look very flexible. :/

3. Having ever had only one SD13 boy, I can only say that DIM's Memory line bodies do not pose well. Whenever I push him into a sitting slouch, his upper torso twists to the left or right. Plus his arms do not stay raised at all... Having said that, though, I must also admit he stands like a dream compared to my Kdelf (those swiveling thighs -- ugh).

4. Just adding my 2 cents. I got 2 Spirit Doll guys fairly recently and they pose beautifully and realistically. I also have Volks SD16 and 17 and they are both amazing feats of engineering as everyone else here has noted. I would put my Spirit doll guys right up there with them though. I also think that Soom Super Gems pose really well.

5. I like the way my DZ holds a pose. And he is nice to move.

6. I love my Souldoll Kanguk to death but he is a bit highstrung, I've had him about 5 months and he can stand well on regular floor or carpet but sometimes he'll be standing just fine and then he'll just throw himself forwards. His head also doesn't move very well and his arms won't stay up over his head without you holding them in place, but I love him anyway lol.

7. @ absolutelysweetamy: If you're looking for an excellent poser, the Crobi R-line is probably not what you're looking for :sweat It's... a competent poser. Sits, stands and can touch its own face. Apart from the basic stuff, it won't do that much else without a lot of help. I've restrung my boy over and over again to see if I could make the torso joint a bit more obedient (it pops back fairly easily when you try to make it slouch or bend too much), but nope. The body's just not engineered all that well, and don't get me started about the legs... *ahem*

8. I'm thinking of buying a Yukinojo but can't seem to find pictures of his body (poses nude and standing) anywhere. Can someone point me to some pictures? My DOT can stand very well, but I need like 5-10 minutes to find the perfect point. Once I found the perfect point/pose, he can stand like that for a very long time. >_< I am also wondering, if we change the feet to bigger ones, can these dolls stand better?