1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which of your dolls were you the most excited for?

Nov 4, 2019

1. All of my dolls were hard-to-get grails, so finally finding them and waiting for them to come home has always been an exciting thing.

The one that takes the cake though, is my Kanon Lui. I checked the market place on a weekly basis and still it took me 13 years to find one. Great! But terrible timing: I was out of funds and the listing was pretty clear that the owner didn't accept layaway. Lucky for me, his lovely owner wanted to make an exception for me :aheartbea, which is the only reason I'm able to tell this story now. She was the only person I knew who owned a Lui and without her I'm sure I would have never been able to find him.

I felt like a human bouncing ball the entire time he was on his way home to me and I owe her big time :).

#21 Silk, Nov 5, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    2. Without a doubt, it was my Dollzone Anson (in my avatar and signature.) I’d been longing for something very unique I could really express myself artistically on. I longed to do some extreme artwork and needed a sculpt with a lot of blank space to work on. The moment I saw the Anson sculpt, with those huge petals, she became an instant grail! I moved heaven and earth to bring her home, and carefully planned out every detail of her artwork in the months it took for her to arrive. To this day, she is my absolute favorite!

3. Honestly, I'm always excited when I order a new doll! If I had to choose a doll that I was most excited to receive, it would be my Minifee Lucywen. It was my first time ordering from Denver Doll and I didn't know what to expect. There were so many clothes and wigs I liked for her and I spent the entire wait time buying things for her to wear! When she finally arrived, I was really happy to see she was in good condition (I've heard horror stories... lol) and she was exactly what I was looking for!

4. That's difficult question. For all, I think. Originally, I supposed I won't be as excited as I was for the first doll ever, but no. It's still the same. May be it's because the wait time? Or because the plans I have? I'm not sure.

5. My Batchix Mini Machina <3 I've wanted one since they came out, but bad timing and then a long break from the hobby kept me from getting one.
      I saw one pop up in the market place this year and was a nervous mess waiting to see if she'd still be there when I got paid. I eneded up doing a layaway amd was so excited. I picked out eyes and had her faceup planed out before I even made the first payment!

6. Definitely my DearSD Coco! It's quite hard to find her as a full set in pristine condition in the aftermarket so when I was able to buy her from Yahoo Japan I was so excited to finally see this sculpt in person. And to this day she remains my most beloved doll and is always sitting next to me on my desk - looking at her right now:D

7. Without a doubt Vincent, my CP El (doll in my avatar). He was my very first BJD who I got back in 2005. I was a poor student back then but with help from my beloved grandma, I was able to save up money to order this doll. I was so excited and nervous while waiting for him- I had never ever seen a BJD in person before, so I wasn't even sure what to expect?!! But when he arrived, I fell in love with him immediately- he was everything I had wished for and more! Sadly, I lost this doll when moving from one country to another- but to this day, my first doll was without a doubt the one that I have been most excited for...

8. @Silk ....wish you would share some photos of your Kanon Lui! It's such a rare and absolutely amazing sculpt!!

9. He's currently being bald and beautiful. I'm going to send him abroad for a face-up starting next year and hopefully I'll be able to finish his outfit that same year :).

10. @Silk ...I thought you were going to do his face up yourself, no?

11. Noooooo. I want to do design and make his outfit and sculpt some pieces that go with that, but when it comes to doing face-ups... paints and I don't agree with each other, so I'd rather let someone else do it :).

12. Beyond the usual excitement of NEW DOLL I don't get too excited about my dolls until I have started working on them. It's exciting to get a doll, but then that's over, and (as awful as this is) I almost forget about them until I can really sit down with them and start doing their faceup, getting their hair situated, and eyes and clothes and bodies if that's a needed thing. When they start to match up to the vision I had for them, I get excited.

That said, there are a few that I've got that I was so excited for.

My first doll (waaaaay back in 2008), but a lot of that was really nerves because I didn't know what to expect.

My Volks Michele, who was my grail, and who I had honestly thought I'd never get. I was not only excited that I was getting on (complete full set even), I had bought him on Yahoo Japan. I had never shopped there before, I'd never used a shopping service and the whole experience was terrifying, and I was so scared I was practically shaking the day he arrived. That kind of counts as excited?

Another one was my Ringdoll K. He had the best timing of any doll I've ever owned. It was October, and I had horrible art block that had been lasting since the spring. My art and my dolls are very tied together, so I was feeling meh about all my dolls. I had sort of created a new character and was doodling him over and over in my notebooks when Ringdoll released that first teaser of the K fullset and I almost died because it was my doodles exactly. Other than the priest outfit lol
      I only bought his head because that's all I could afford, but I loved it so much I had it out all the time to look at him, and I took it to every doll function between getting him in November of that year and February which is when the body I ordered arrived. I almost never drag around blank heads unless there's a good reason (body matching). I spent a lot of time refining that partial character into something slightly more tangible to be ready for when he was a full doll. Lots of time. Multiple notebooks were filled of preliminary doodles. When the body finally (that was the most torturous wait even though it wasn't all that long) I gave him a faceup, so fast I forgot to do things like gloss him and give him eyelashes so he's a weirdo now, but I was just in such a hurry to have him as a doll.

13. I think first dolls and grail dolls are kind of a given, so I'm actually going to say it was my DollnDoll Shade. I particularly loved the "Spirit of Dark Moon" LE from 2005 which was limited to 20 dolls, but I didn't start actually purchasing BJDs until the following year and so missed her. She finally showed up missing just a few pieces from her fullset on eBay after 11 years and I don't think I've ever hit the BIN button so fast! I eventually decided to name her "Nål," which means "needle" in a couple different languages because it felt like finding a needle in a haystack.

14. My first one—Lati Yellow Hana! I could NOT wait for her arrival. I saw her and fell in love and checked other owners’ photos daily until she came home to me. I still love her as much as I did when I saw her the first time and I think she will always be my most special girl.:love

15. Oof this is a toss up between my first one I bought from a dealer, charm doll rhea, and my first second hand doll, napidoll rogebell. I had planned on rhea for months and rogebell was more of an impulse buy, but if i had to choose I think rogebell was the most exciting to come home

16. I just start a layaway for DC Laney and my excitment is just growing. I know the wait time will be long, but I just don't care. She will be my second doll, and the first girl.

17. It was my first grail! Haha I was still younger and all and he was so pretty and expensive. When I saw someone bringing that box to me I ran towards it! I may have cried haha and open it as fast I could!

18. I just took a look at my dolls and I remembered all the waiting for some of them... ah, the things we endure for love.
      After a bit of thinking, I guess I have to point at my Peralta (Dearmine Agrippa) because it was my first limited doll and I just had missed the ordering period when I found it out. Luckily, a dealer had one blank for sale and I almost inmediately purchased her. She was a point of no return in my collection as from there I only wanted to purchase more tiny sized anthros xD

19. I’m wanting to get the same! Do you have any photos of her you can share?

20. Of all my dolls, about half of them deserve a mention here. The first is my first ever doll, a DoD Homme Ducan, and being a dramatic teenager 11 years ago, I found a piece of chalk and counted the days until he arrived with tally marks on my wardrobe door, while my dad kept messaging the company to ask when he'd be shipping. I imagine they must have been glad to be free of us when he finally shipped. :sweat
      Second was my Dollshe Hound, ordered shortly after I came back into the hobby. I'd wanted one since when I first got into the hobby, and I decided 9 years was enough time to wait to get him and ordered him on a sale. He arrived in 2018, and by that time I'd been waiting for so long that I has to go to the post distribution office before he even left customs, and ended up having to pay a pretty astronomical fee to set him free. But as I'd gotten him on a big sale, the extra cost didn't bother me much.
      Third was my Sard, another doll I'd been wanting since his first release in 2008. I was extatic when I found him on the marketplace, and though he was pretty banged up when he arrived, fixing him up was even better for bonding.
      Fourth was my Narin, and maybe I wouldn't have been SO excited for him if I wasn't following Bimong on instagram, watching all of his progress through his lives and hoping I'd get to see my boy up until the day he arrived.
      And the last one so far was my Mimo_Marina OscarPak, who I similarly followed on instagram throuhout the whole manifacturing process.

tl;dr, I get way too excited about way too many things. :lol: