1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

which part of doll hobbies do you like best?

Jan 3, 2017

1. I think my favorite part is hunting for miniature items. Nothing is more exciting to me than finding a perfect scale baking dish at the dollar store or random junk bags at the flea market turning out to be full of doll clothes that fit MSD. I love making scale items for them as well, but finding them unexpectedly is a million times better.

2. I'm just itching to get sewing. I have a fabulous stash of small scale fabrics and trims, and just before Christmas managed to acquire the third of the Volks pattern books. I just have to get the tree down and decorations packed away, and I'm going to sew up a storm!

3. I love having my dolls with good outfits and wigs <3 and do their face ups

4. I like seeing the doll get closer and closer to being the character envisioned in my head. Like getting a new wig and then the character becomes a little more fully fleshed!:) Even if the doll is not complete yet, the journey to making the doll as the character is pretty fun for me~

5. Doing face ups. I love to do face ups ....(maybe because I´m an artist) :whee:

What i also like is to watch youtube videos.

6. I haven't had much opportunity to spend time on hobby activities, but I find I really enjoy putting work into the doll. I like the idea of doing everything myself, although I've come to acknowledge that it's better to just buy some things instead of make them. Even though I'm horrible at making wigs, I still enjoyed it, and I am very excited to do faceups, and make clothes... Photography is another thing that excites me. I love photography and I think it goes really well with the BJD hobby. Of course, I also just really like having my doll and bonding with her. :)

7. My favorite thing about the hobby is the photography. I also enjoy buying and dressing my bjds in new clothing. Wig making has been really fun for me as well.

8. I really like to create clothes, do face ups, and make different furniture for my dolls. I'm currently paying off a layaway for a Soul Doll Kuu vampire, just made the first payment yesterday, and I can't wait to start making her clothes :whee:

#28 atsed11, Jan 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    9. Faceups! :D Mostly because it's already so similar to my job haha

10. I love the photography/photo editing aspect of it. I've learned so much and love taking new pictures of my dollies! :)

11. Customising. I love collecting dolls of my favourite characters too, but mainly I love making all the little things for them. Since I'm a bit of a hoarder, I just like having them around!

12. Probably blogging, since it involves a lot of my favorite things (writing, planning, sharing, talk to friends).
      I have gotten to know some really lovely people in the BJD blogging community!
      If possibly, I would like to learn to do more creative things as well, I have plans for learning to sew, at the very least. :)

13. Faceup, photo editing and find nice clothes to fit them!

14. I love changing clothes, wigs, eyes, etc! Playing around with outfit combinations, eye and wig possibilities, and all style aspects are what is most fun for me.
      I used to love taking photos but it's been a long while since I've had good circumstances to do so, though capturing a good shot is always so rewarding.
      I've practiced a faceup or two as well, and I'm not very good at it yet but I find it interesting and rewarding as well. I used to NEVER even dream of doing doll maintenance (cleaning, faceups, restringing) myself but since returning to the hobby I find these parts the most therapeutic and I always feel accomplished after doing them, so I enjoy them.

15. I really love dressing them up and posing them alot, and while I'm not a pro at photography, I still have so much fun taking photos of my girls! :3 But I think what I enjoy about them the most is figuring out just who they are. I try to figure out their names, personalities, style, and back stories based on how I perceive their faces and their expressions. I keep guessing about what I think they're like until I discover something that just feels right for them, if that makes sense at all.

16. I play with my dolls by making patterns, outfits, jewelry, making wigs, doing faceups, and taking pictures of my dollies once the doll matches the image in my minds eye.

17. i like photografy

18. Creating a character and bringing the doll to life in the form of personality, looks, things that they like, things that they dislike, etc. The feeling of the doll finally coming together (even if it's still only a plan in my head) is purely amazing. I get all prod and start feeling like I finally created something. Also the amount of possibilities that exists with dolls is just something that has to be mentioned. I love seeing what other's come up with their dollies, the more out of the box, the better.

19. (just ignore this message, I accidentally reposted because if have problems with my internet connection, if anyone knows how to get a message deleted, let me know) Creating a character and bringing the doll to life in the form of personality, looks, things that they like, things that they dislike, etc. The feeling of the doll finally coming together (even if it's still only a plan in my head) is purely amazing. I get all prod and start feeling like I finally created something. Also the amount of possibilities that exists with dolls is just something that has to be mentioned. I love seeing what other's come up with their dollies, the more out of the box, the better.

#39 Thornani, Mar 31, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    20. Character creation, clothes shopping, and viewing unboxings top the list for me. :)