1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

which part of doll hobbies do you like best?

Jan 3, 2017

1. I like watching faceup and modding videos, and I'm very much enjoying doing the body blushing for my doll. :)
      I'm sure I will like making clothes for him as well - I'm a cosplayer, so detailed sewing is something I already know I like!

2. This is a tough question that I haven't really considered before! I do some sewing; I just started painting my own faceups this year; I've taken photos even though I'm not exactly good at photography. But I think my favorite parts of the hobby are...
      1. Seeing the new sculpts that come out. Even if I don't intend to buy a new doll, I just like seeing what new things people have made! It's exciting to see something that I have never seen before.
      2. Just spending time with my dolls, such as holding them while I read or write. I enjoy them by not necessarily doing things for them or doing activities centered around them but simply having them just...be. ^_^

3. Making characters for them is my favorite thing to do, then is finding the perfect clothes and wig and doing their face-up. I really enjoy this process, because it becomes more than creating characters but giving them a physical form myself with the customization. I also like how the characters info may change during the customization, because it feel like I'm discovering more about them.

4. I like to do faceups mostly... Though when I have a doll painted I also need to make a wig, eyes and clothes lol!
      I like to make dollhouses too, but I have no space for making an SD dollhouse, or even a room! But I would love to!!

5. My favorite part is doing faceups, and transforming blank dolls into unique characters. They basically have their own personalities.

6. I enjoy interacting with other collectors online. Seeing their newest dolls and projects and just sharing doll related things in general. I enjoy the photos the most though.

7. My favourite part is making outfits for my girls (maybe cause it's last step):wiggle Oh, that feeling than process ends... Extremely proud of myself.

8. Just holding and spending time with my boys...

Looking at (owners/companies') photos of all those lovely dolls...

Agonizing over whether to get a doll home and hating myself either way the decision goes.

Have a taste of how being bankrupt really feels like. Nothing like first hand experience.

For everything else, I am kind of too lazy to do even if I enjoy them LOL

9. I like making clothes for dolls etc. It's also nice to see other peoples creation and get inspired by them. Lately I've been knitting and sewing like crazy.

10. I really like dressing up my dolls and then admire them. :D
      Posing and taking photos of them and planning their characters is great fun too!

11. If i take into consideration the time spent, I would say my favorite part is buying the dolls. I can spend hours looking through pictures online and doll websites trying to decide which doll to buy next. But I also enjoy playing with my dolls, dressing them up, trying different wigs and eyes and just looking at them.

12. I really like watching face up videos. It's incredible to see a blank slate slowly become a character.

13. I enjoy taking photos and putting filters on mines from Snapchat and SNOW.

14. I really enjoy the character creation aspect as well as learning how to do things. I'm still relatively new to the hobby so I'm still learning how to do things and right now that is probably my favorite part of the hobby is growing my skills.

15. I really love just playing with them and taking pictures, plus shopping for clothes that are very pretty but that I'd never in a thousand years wear myself.

16. I really like customizing overall. I love seeing a character really come to life as you add the eyes, do a face up, select a wig and style. It feels so good having that vision come together.

17. Judging by the sheer amount of time I spend sewing and crafting, I adore the DIY aspects of the hobby. I also enjoy character creation/fine tuning, and getting together with other collectors.

18. Just the tedious but exciting hours of researching a new sculpt that i’ve fallen in love, creating characters for them, and keeping updated with releases from my favorite companies (you never get bored lol). Also interacting with amazing people on this platform, and having a chance to look at other people’s doll families on youtube and instagram are fun to browse through in my free time :3nodding:

19. In *principle* my favourite part is making tiny clothes and other items for my doll. In practice... I rarely find time to do it, and find it very frustrating, even though I'm usually pleased with the result once it's over! I suppose my real favourite thing is just posing and admiring him, which is kind of lame haha

20. Weirdly enough, I love the encyclopedic memorization of all the companies, sculpts, specifications. Something in my brain always has the compulsion to do this, even in fandom and stuff like that. I just love collecting data. Even if I don't intend to buy a doll, I like to learn about it.

Other than that, I like learning/honing new crafting skills. And I like the character creation aspect of doll customizing, it's really rewarding to see all the pieces fall into place.