1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

which part of doll hobbies do you like best?

Jan 3, 2017

1. I love 'finishing' a doll. When everything has come together and they're exactly how I want(or close enough).
      I also love group activities. Like the sewing challenge in the workshop threads or when someone starts an instagram photo challenge. I love working alongside other owners and seeing what we all create.

2. As superficial as it might sound but paying, waiting and finally UNBOXING. I just love unboxing new doll stuff xD

3. I love scrolling through pages and pages of doll companies and seeing every doll they have, figuring out if there's a new sculpt I might like to keep an eye on even though it doesn't mean I will buy anything, but seeing gorgeous sculpts makes my day.

4. The creative freedom and non permanence that comes with customization.

5. First of all, I love the sheer creativity of this hobby...there’s just so much to do! And I love seeing and hearing about the creativity of others too. One of my favorite threads here on DoA is the yearly goals thread...I always take part in it each year, and I love reading about everyone else's goals. I always keep up with it, updating my list as the year progresses. It’s so much fun to see all I’ve accomplished by year’s end. I also love the sewing project monthly threads. There’s always someone in my crew that needs a new outfit, and these keep me on track and motivated.

I also love doing research about the dolls. I love to watch my favorite companies to see what they’re doing creatively, and I enjoy searching through the BJD news forum and second-hand marketplace here to learn about all sorts of dolls. Even when I have no interest in buying, I love just keeping up with things.

And I love creating characters, finding the perfect shell for them, creating elaborate display spaces throughout my home for them. I love doing the face-ups and artwork on them, hunting down the perfect wig and eyes. It’s so exciting and fun when a character finally comes together!

#65 PoeticSoul, Feb 12, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    6. Planning out their characters and clothes, I really enjoy working on building who they are from the ground up.

7. The part of the doll hobby I enjoy most is going to meets ans conventions and meeting others who share my interests. Then its shopping for my dollies. Finaly its changing their clothes and playing with them.

8. I like being in fellowship with other doll people. I like going to our doll club meetings and conventions. I especially love play dates.
      I have always had dolls in my life. Loving dolls is an important part of who I am.

9. Taking photos, experiments with clothing and style.

10. I really like the dress up aspect of BJDs. I don't really want to get too much into the creative aspect like photography, faceups, character creation. I just want something pretty to dress up and look at!

11. Crafting and customization!! I love being able to sew, embroider, and crochet again after so long, and doing all these for my dolls is a nice, smaller-scale goal rather than doing them for IRL big humans! Faceups, modding, and photography are also things I really enjoy about this hobby and something I hope to be able to get into more as time goes on. It truly is an art hobby in so many ways!

12. I love planning out what character I want for the doll or what doll would go best with a character.
      I also like customizing them and doing faceups and seeing the evolution in your skills is pretty cool.
      Unboxing dolls is the best part for me, its a special type of feeling. After spending so much time saving up for that doll you really want and then you finally have it in your hands.

13. I enjoy attending doll conventions and meeting other collectors the most. It is especially nice to put a face to the usernames in this forum. I enjoy meeting and admiring other people's dolls.

Other than that, I enjoy dressing up my dolls, posing and displaying them on my shelves. Sitting down and admiring them is relaxation and peaceful.

In the early years of the hobby, I enjoyed taking my dolls out into the snow and cold for on location photo sessions. Nowadays, this gets difficult with age. I notice snow photos are becoming rare for my dolls. I tend to look at old photos and remember the those happy times in the snow.

Like @Cherrywood I also enjoy unboxing.

I enjoy travelling with my dolls. Forgot about this because I am now locked down at home due to Covid-19!

I enjoy the DOA forum and interacting with members on this forum. I have sharp differences with many BJD collectors in the sense that I only collect full set dolls in box with company sealed makeup. I do not allow custom faceups on some (not all) of my dolls. Even so, I still enjoy seeing the pretty and interesting custom faceups many of you do on your dolls. It's really nice. Each of us must do what we like in this hobby, not what other people want us to like. To, each our own but I tend to enjoy all the doll profiles. They're interesting.

#73 stargazer_i, Mar 21, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2020