1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Soom Zodiac MD did you buy on release?

Feb 4, 2009

?
  1. Amber

2. Heliot

3. Vesuvia

4. Euclase

5. Topaz

6. IO

7. Bix

8. Onyx

9. Sard

10. Beryl

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. would love to see pics of him..haven't seen any of "crab boy"!! lol

2. I got Bix at the time in a split (my partner took the "crab" parts), I also went in on a split for Topaz and Amber (My section is the full doll in each scenario, my partner the fantasy parts). And I went in on a couple splits for Heliot (I got the open eye head in one, the bow and arrow in another). I was also VERY fortunate to be able to get my Onyx on the secondary market, since I missed her when she was originally offered. :)

As is obvious ~ I love the Super Gems, especially the monthly dolls! :aheartbea

3. Bix is really beautiful. I would love to see a few more in the gallery.

I have six MDs now. I brought Io, Euclase, Heliot and Amber (Layawaying Heliot and splitting Amber but getting most of her) on release. I got Sard and Onyx in the MP. I'm petrified of what they do next. I just can't seem to pass on these amazing head sculpts. I wish Soom would sell more heads.

4. I have Heliot on layaway and am in a split for Amber's dress and wig. So Heliot is the only monthly doll I have or will have ;)

5. Great idea, this thread!
      I have a Vesuvia on order.

6. I got SOOM MD Heliot a couple of days before he sold out. Basic, no additions.
      I would've wanted a Sard, but just found out about MD's during IO's release.

7. I have a full set Beryl, but sold her wings.

I also have a dark Onyx with her clothing, wig, and eyes. I did the body blushing and face-up myself.

Still could kick myself for not getting Sard:(

8. I have Sard. Now I know there are a number of them out there since there were 30 or so people in the Waiting Room.

I think word of mouth has helped sell more of the later MDs... and more people knowing how to work the system, with layaways and splits. It seems that people were just beginning to catch on with the earlier dolls and all the hype and interest just kept growing (with all the attention in certain threads here and among friends and LJ and such).

I have a feeling that if Beryl and Sard and even Bix showed up now, they'd probably get more buyers--what with everyone doing splits and all, now. I hadn't noticed so many splits in the marketplace 'way back then, but now they are a ton of them. (Which is cool! People can get the parts they want without having to pay for the whole doll.)

... If I'd had the money, I'd have been putting it towards more of the MDs. They have been THE most appealing line I've seen over the past few years. I love fantasy concepts, so they were just amazing for me to see! (Euclase and Beryl would have been my 2nd and 3rd choices... and many others if I'd won the lottery!)

---------edit.

Well, I caved and bought a Euclase from people involved in Euclase splits. The Euclases were on layaway and haven't arrived yet... I hope it pans out. But it doesn't quite count as buying on release, even when the dolls haven't even been sent out yet!

9. I bought Sard. Beryl actually blew my mind but her sculpt wasn't for me. I posted a message on the Soom board asking for a Dia succubus and they said no. But then a month later Sard came out! The hooves and horns just blew me away and I KNEW I had to have a doll like that.

As for the ones that came after, they have been nice to see but nothing struck me as much as that first Beryl. I came close to getting Vesuvia but didn't. Now I'm sorry to see so few people bought her! My chances of getting one someday in the MP are looking mighty slim.

10. I bought Topaz and Heliot (splitting him with a friend, she gets the regular head and hooves) and I'm in a split for Euclase for the hawk legs and for Amber for the horns

I WISH I could have gotten all of them though

11. I have Vega, Beryl, Light Onyx and Topaz at home and waiting on Vesuvia and Amber. But sadly I'm going to give up on my Vega since I feel he's too big for me. Clearly I just can't resist those gorgeous Soom girls. :D

12. I'm doing a split for Euclase but I have the full human head and body. Just split off the extra head and legs.

I think the only other MDs I would have got would have been Heliot and IO. The others are nice but only Euclase made me go 'drop dead gorgeous!' but I wouldn't say no to having a chance to buy IO or Heliot too... I could only resist Heliot because my friend who lives very close got him xD No excuses for IO...

13. Heliot's the only one I bought right away, and it had everything to do with the face sculpt and nothing to do with the hooves, which I'll probably end up unloading after he arrives if they fit on anything else.

I did get a Beryl head secondhand on a split also because I liked the face. I'm toying with an Amber split but only if I can find someone to buy her whole body.

Overall, I'm really not into the fantasy anthro concepts Soom, Souldoll, Domadoll and others have put out, but Soom has some very lovely faces to make into lovely human dolls.

14. AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnnndddddd Heliot with the number 11 silks gallops into the lead with a length on Amber wearing number 12! Coming up on the rail at a steady pace is number 8, Euclase, moving like a grey shadow.....

*checks her race form and bet reciepts*

So exciting! *sips mint julep*

15. I have ordered Amber and Heliot :)
      (bought them both at the first day of selling)

16. I have Onyx Shadow at my home :)

I think its depend on when and what they release in that time, the dolls look very interesting but the cost is really high so
      I doubt that may be a few people can collecting all of them.

For me I DO really want Bix and also Euclase but I'd bought Onyx before and I can't save money for all of them so sad...

17. Mainly, Heliot because he was just what I was looking for. I've always been the type to like to see owner's pictures before I buy, so Soom's MD really make me teeter totter. But with Heliot, there was no wobbling, no regret, just the simple gut urge. ;)

18. LOL!! thanks for the giggle!!!!