1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Soom Zodiac MD did you buy on release?

Feb 4, 2009

?
  1. Amber

2. Heliot

3. Vesuvia

4. Euclase

5. Topaz

6. IO

7. Bix

8. Onyx

9. Sard

10. Beryl

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I bought a shadow Onyx and Amber
      I wish I had bought Topaz, Beryl and Euclease but alas, no money at that time

2. Amber takes the lead!!! Over 100 in the waiting room! :O

3. I have four- Bix, IO, Heliot & Amber. + an extra Amber head! The two most popular and the two least popular.

Bix has a lovely sculpt. I just think that people didn't find the crab arm as appealing as hooves and the other accessories.

4. I just caved and got Amber *sigh* I wish I had gotten a Beryl... but hopefully she'll pop up second hand (when I have money!!)

I just think Amber and Beryl would make perfect sisters... I can see them constantly arguing about the smallest thing XP

5. I bought a Beryl w/ eyes & outfit. I love all of Soom's fantasy dolls, but one's enough for me. I'm very "hands on" with all of my dolls and I hate that I have to be so very careful with Beryl due to her custom blushing, her weight, and she can be difficult to pose. My bank account thanks me.

6. I purchased Amber fullset on release. No other Soom MD sang to me the way Amber did.

7. I bought Io and Io scarface and I am happy with both of them. Raven (io) is sitting here. I would love to buy an heliot too, but I had no money for the full set when it came out. I think that also Io is not that popoular judging by the pool, but it's a great sculpt. I wish I knew what they are up to now!

8. I would love to see the "Who has survived the hype" poll you mentioned in the first post. I've noticed a surge of the newer (as in newly-shipped/arrive) MDs popping up in the market. Not that I'm complaining :) It's allowed me to pick up a few I've missed out on.

I wish I'd gotten Euclase. The advertising and grey skin were a total turnoff for me when he was released, but the owner pics are OMGWOW!!!!

9. Yeah, I think they would have sold more dolls had they released more unphotoshopped pictures. I'm now very glad I have my Euclase coming to me, rather than just a bit iffy about it X3

Euclase is the only one I've gotten, I would have gotten Beryl, had I the chance.

10. Hey thanks for doing this poll! :) You might want to do some advertising or something. I didn't even know it existed, just sort of stumbled upon it while looking around. XD

Anyway to me it seems Heliot and Amber were the most popular, with Heliot taking the prize. That boy was sold out at least 10+ times. Heliot and Euclase I bought right away without no doubts, others I took time to think it over. I also picked up Amber. I didn't instantly buy my Beryl and Topaz and considered not buying at all, but I'm really glad I did. I see my Beryl, Topaz, Euclase and Heliot boys staying for quite a while.

I also had a Sard and IO in my posession, but they were gone as soon as they arrived. The love did not last. XD;

11. I think this is an interesting thred, so I'll bump it :)
      I bought Sard, Vesuvia and 2 Ambers on release. I bought a Beryl head second hand and may have to buy a light Onyx and Heliot as well

12. I guess I should mention that I bought a Heliot regular head as part of a split, but now I am thinking it won't be staying, as the more I look at it, the more I see resemblances to Onyx.

Secondhand, I have picked up an Onyx light head and a NS regular Io head. Also have a male Dia, which is more or less Sardface.

And I'm still kicking myself for passing on Euclase.

13. I would be happy if I bought a Sard, alas I noticed him after he was already sold out and now it's impossible to get, it's like water in the desert XD
      Any news on new realise of monthly dolls?

14. This. Me. :sweat
      Ah well. SO glad I got a Heliot though! :)

15. Added my vote. I directly purchased Sard, IO, Euclase, Vesuvia, Heliot, Amber (in variable quantities XD ).

16. I bought Shadow Onyx She kept calling to me so I got both heads with face up and the body blushed. I am so happy with her now I wish I has Light Onyx

17. Seeing Euclase owner pics makes me half-wonder why i didn't order one...but I feel this more with Bix! He's gorgeous! I just found it hard to tell exactly how he looked from soom's promo pics.

18. I found out about the monthly dolls in July, when Bix was still out, so I missed a good number of the dolls. Sometimes I think it would have been cool to get Heliot or Amber, but I don't regret not getting them. I'm happy with my Topaz!!

19. Got: Amber. :aheartbea

Getting: Glot :aheartbea

wishing for: Beryl :(

20. Did anyone ever do the second-hand MD poll? To see which were the most popular Marketplace buys?

I ask because I am falling over myself with joy at the moment. I picked up a floating Euclase head and can't wait for him to ship on Monday. *Squeeeeeee* I am going to try to dye a body for him, since paying for the head wiped me out for a while.

But this has rekindled my curiosity about who was more popular after the fact, and which sculpt people gravitated to after the fact and why.

So for me, that makes first-hand: Heliot human
      Second hand: Onyx light, Io human, Euclase human