1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

White Skin FTW!..But..

Apr 9, 2009

1. Why would it look strange? Even if you have two WS dolls from different companies they'd probably still look different. The world is kinda made up of all sorts of different colours afterall?

I have a WS Puki incoming... my biggest concern right now is well.. I think on WS any slight bit of dirt will show that much more. I guess lots of baths and make sure I get him all MSCed up.

It might just be me too, I find WS dolls don't look very good blank.

2. The one thing I hate most...?

The yellowing. (Or greening as the case may be, since most of my BW dolls are CP sculpts and they went through a long period of making "Beauty Green" dolls. :|)

It probably wouldn't bother me so much if all of my white dolls wore dark wigs and outfits... but a fair few of mine have white hair. That just makes the color change even more obvious. (For example- Crane & Nightengale. Greenest of the green. :doh)

I keep my white resin dolls out of the light as much as I can, but I can't seal them away from the air or heat in the summer, so I know it's inevitable that someday they're all goinng to look like little lemons and limes.

That doesn't make me happy.

3. I worry about yellowing, but I love my cream-colored dolls. I try to keep them out of direct sunlight, and I've read the thread here on de-yellowing techniques so that I'll know what to do when the natural yellowing begins to bother me. I'm also hoping to get a chance to give them each a coat of uv-protectant spray, just in case they weren't sealed by the company when they got their default face-ups.

4. I'm not a huge fan of white skin. At all. I have two white skin dolls and one is old, so she has gathered a strange gunk on her face; the other is brand new and I'm so scared to take her head out of the little fleece bed I made her. Ack! I want her to always be pretty. The stress is not fun and sort of defeats the hobby for me. I'm supposed to enjoy it, not worry about playing with my dolls because they shall turn an icky color. TT___________TT;;;

Some "white" skin resin is actually a blob of yellow, even new. Bobobie white skin was SUPER white. Like paste white and it would work for characters, but I didn't like it. Couldn't take to it in the least. I just received a DollFairyLand Vampire Woosoo in white skin and it is probably the closest I will come to liking WS. I don't think I will ever enjoy white skin but it will work for some sculpts and I know I shall be buying some in the future. Bwah, I'm so odd. XD

5. I have ONE WS doll, my DZ Mo-2, Elias. He is my sexy, high maintenance child.

[​IMG]

What bugs me the most is he is like, allergic, to clothing. It rubs off on his resin within minutes and then I spazz, scrub him down with a magic eraser, and he just laughs. -_-' I guess he'd rather be naked...

I keep him out of the sun as much as I can and am working on several white muslin undershirts for him, and maybe some long underwear. Lucky for me, leather doesn't rub off on his resin, so he can keep his pants on. I've heard good things about Doll-zone's white resin, so hopefully it'll be okay.

Would the UV spray help keep the dye from rubbing off? I think Elias will be my one and only white skinned doll, but I can't help how much I love his look.

6. It might make it easier to clean...no worries about permanent stains I guess.

My one white skin head I bought already yellowed. (Actually she's a Luts Beauty green...looks alot like Brightfire's boys) I don't mind (she has a brown wig, so its not horrible...the only annoying thing is that I have yet to find a body for her.
      [​IMG]

However this thread has made me consider not getting my next doll in white skin....not sure I want to deal with dye transfers from clothing. (Having a Dollfie Dream drove me nuts)

7. I have a WS Iplehouse Tania (from the Noctarcana Circus), and she is my second WS doll.

I'm constantly fearing her yellowing, but I have not seen any evidence of her yellowing yet. I never take her outside and most of the time, my office is rather dark, so maybe that is why she hasn't yellowed noticably yet... Who knows, haha.

8. i would just like to say that the following is my opinion based on ownership of many WS and a few NS dolls....

i think WS dolls get a lot of "bad press" on DOA...i have mostly WS dolls and i dont find them any more difficult to care for than NS dolls. i mean most people dont leave their dolls out in the sun no matter what their skin color, so whats the difference? of all my dolls only 5 are NS (also waiting on my first and last tan doll) and of those only one actually looks NS the others can easily pass for WS among my oh-so-pale crew. he cracks me up, cause he looks so tan next to everyone else XDDD but it doesnt look bad.

i dont fear yellowing - its going to happen sooner or later to all your dolls, you cant stop it, and i have seen NS yellowing...it looks just as bad as it does on WS. who cares, i'll still love them when it happens <3 and some of mine are nearly a year old and show no more signs of yellowing now than they did when i first got them.

none of my dolls have stains, not from clothing or wigs, and they all have different colors of hair ranging from White-blond to black and i dont find them strange or ugly at all...i like all the different ranges of WS, from the yellowish toned ones all the way to my newest one who is a shade of white so bright he makes everything i once thought of as white look greyish...i mean he really is whiter than paper, its amazing.

i have had no more problems taking their pictures than my NS dolls. in fact, my WS B&G Sapphira takes better pics than any of my dolls.

i think a lot of problems with WS dolls might come from lack of trial and error...if you think the doll seems washed out maybe a darker faceup could help, different colors of wigs or eyes make a huge difference. as far as stains go its the clothes staining the dolls, and NS dolls can stain too. the clothes could be washed out, ive used vinegar on some of my black clothing, it seems to work (but not all my black clothes have left stains either). my first doll was NS and i had trouble taking his picture at first....the same issues, washing out and glare. there are ways to get around that. this same doll is also the dirtiest doll ive ever had, everything gets on him, i just clean him off...my WS dolls clean off just the same as he does. i am just as careful with my non-WS dolls as i am with the rest because the same things happen to them that can happen the WS...

having a White Skin doll is no scarier than having a Normal Skin doll. just different. all our dolls are different and we get what we like. if you dont like WS dont get it, but dont let stains and yellowing scare you away from something you like, because its just likely to happen your other dolls too.

9. I'm a bad photographer so taking pictures of her is kind of difficult because of her light skin tone. Especially in any kind of light. I've pretty much gotta stand in the way of the sun so it doesn't fall on her too much and make her look like Mr.Burns in the woods high on medicine -_-'

I'm also massively afraid of yellowing. I just get these awful visions of her being like lemon yellow ha ha. I still take her outside but I'm kind of anal about keeping her out of the sunlight XD Even though she's probably already yellowed a bit and I can't tell LOL

10. Most of my dolls are white skin, and I have no problems with them. Theres been no difference for me in keeping them clean as compared to the normal skin dolls I do have. I've never had a problem finding things that look good on them. I've never put anything on them that looked odd just because they have light skin. I don't feel they look funny next to my normal skin dolls. They are my fair skinned little angels.

11. Couldnt have said it better myself. :)

12. omg, best episode ever!!!! XDD

sorry for the OT...:sweat

13. I have a WS B&G Freya (type 1) and I love her to death, but blushing her is difficult! I've blushed a couple of WS dolls that were a litteral white resin and they were impossible to blush effectively, but I love the B&G WS because it is a nice creamy color as opposed to the stark white. But it is still a pain to blush! I've never had a problem finding wigs or eyes for her, she seems fine with anything I put on her. And photographing her has never been a huge issue either. But a lot of that probably extends from the fact that her shade of 'white' is not so striking, it looks very natural. I could see how photographing dolls that are really white would be difficult as well as finding wigs and eyes that compliment the resin, but I lucked out getting a WS doll that is not so 'washed-out'.

14. :aheartbea

sorry for the double post...that went up just i was posting my OTness...:sweat

EDIT: lol i missed the double post too!! i suck...

15. I only have one white skin doll, and I havent had very much trouble with him. I bought a wig with him and it matches fine, and I havent bothered to try any other wigs on him since I like the wig he has on him. There is some issues with taking pics in bright lighting, but that is to be expected with white skin. Other then that I love him and I hope he remains as pristien and beautiful as he is right now for a very long time. ^^

16. I agree with VampireAngel13. I don't consider my WS dolls any harder to care for than my NS doll. All dolls will yellow, all will stain if the clothing's going to stain, all will get dirty.

17. I don't like that you have to be really careful about sun-damadge with WS dolls... but the colour is so beautiful... ^^;

18. My white skin will wear a shirt my natural or my tan dolls will wear, and the shirt won't stain my NS or tan, but will my white skin. It's just how it is. But it's still the one thing I dislike about the white resin.

19. I have one WS doll and I love him to pieces. He's a DZ Wing-2 and I find him to be perfect for my one character. So far I haven't had any issues with his resin color and he doesn't seem to have any stains at all as of yet :sweat

I suppose my only problem with WS is that faux lighting does not get along well with it, making it a challenge to photograph indoors :\

20. I haven't had any problems caring for WS dolls, either. It's just that the yellowing is earlier/easier to notice when it happens to white dolls. Especially with really paper-white WS resin, like Dollmore's... if you start with an ivory/cream white, like Soom's, the yellowing seems harder to notice happening.

It is true that I tend to take the White & Tan boys to fewer outdoor meetups than the NS boys... and when I do take them outside, I don't leave them in the sun for long... just common sense. But at home, they don't get treated much differently. I store the whole collection behind draperies during the day, while I'm not home; with that control-factor in place, the WS dolls really haven't yellowed much faster than the rest.

Also, re staining: If a garment stains one of my dolls, it'll stain all other dolls by that same company... any doll with that same texture of resin that seems to be absorbing the dye. I've never noticed that stains happen to WS any more frequently than NS or Tan resins. Instead, I've noticed that it depends on the clothes. Some garments just love to stain.

PS. A tip for photographing WS dolls in natural light: Wait till the sun goes down. :whee: If you have a half a ray of light left in that room, your doll will pick it up and continue to glow-- but without his face washing out so much. And get used to under-exposing your photographs like crazy, especially if your white doll wears black.