1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

White Skin FTW!..But..

Apr 9, 2009

1. I have one WS doll right now and I have plans to get more. I've done some modding and separating and scraping and I actually like her WS because it makes the color difference less noticeable. I also prefer fair skin, so any extra maintenance required is a small price to pay in my eyes.

I agree that they look like crap without a face up, though.

2. I have a WS doll, and for a while was very upset because he had seemed to yellow a TON (almost 2 years old). But I gave him a super alcohol soak and scrubdown, and the color is much better now. I guess anyone would be grimy after 2 years...

I don't think I'll get another WS doll though.

3. My only full doll is a Luts BW El. He's older, a little over four years old. I bought him a little under a year ago, so I never witnessed his pristine white state...and I rather like him this way. He's more of an iridescent-y cream or ivory than white anymore, and I don't think I'd ever have bought him at full-bright-white. His prior owner took excellent care of him, and so do I.

So...yeah. I guess I don't see the big fuss about yellowing. It just seems to suit some dolls.

4. All my dolls are white skin, so I don't know better.
      However I don't exerience any problems with choosing a wig colour. Nor with face-ups.

For cleaning, I use a magical earaser and haven't got any problems so far.

For yellowing, I am not really sure if they have yellowed much. My dollzone cherry looks quite yellow, but she has always been more yellow than Luts BW colour. I don't take my dolls outside much and when they are here at home, they are in my bedroom where it is always dark. But if I'd have other colours of resin, I'd do the same. So it is not because they are white that I expose them less to sunlight.

I love white skin. :aheartbea

5. I think some WS looks very nice~
      I wish to upgrade my current doll to WS.
      Bluefairy WS is very lovely.

Though I'm debating to whether getting my next doll in WS or NS.. @_@
      I just worry my dolls will look weird together because BF WS is kinda fleshy? XD

6. fingerprints.... :| All and Any of my WS dolls always show up fingerprints if I dont have 100% clean hands which is often with two children and an occupation that lends towards being UBER grubby.... I find they need to be wiped a lot more often than any other skin tone..... and I always put two undercoats of MSC/ZM spray on them before painting as I've found with the WS dolls I have they tend to stain a lot easier....

Edit to add: yellowing on parts - you cant just sand one small part you have to sand the WHOLE doll to get an even colour, unlike Natural tones where you get away with subtle blushing - my WS babies get sanded between every re-blush.

Would you mind editing your first post a little? Just to include more specifics about what you're asking... please :) If I hadn't seen your keep on topic post I wouldn't have edited my post to answer your Q a little better ;)

7. No Need, Hun. Everyone know what I talk about :)
      Thank you! :)
      Anything revolve around what bother you about WS, issues with WS or anything along lines like that, is fine for my thread. :lol:

8. They get dirty fast where I live (dusty state), but they're so angelic looking too XD

9. My WS doll has such a dramatic face-up, but it really suits his character. I'm going to try the solution of half a cup of white vinegar an half water on his black vampire shirt, to see what I can't fix with the staining.

10. My only pet peeve is the inevitable yellowing. But as far as faceups, wig colors, etc. go, I find they're the easiest to find things for. WS is essentially a blank canvas that any color can be used on, and that's why I prefer it over other skintones.

11. Thank you so much. I'm waiting on a WS Olive and I was reading this thread and starting to get paranoid that I wasn't as ready for her as I thought. However, her character needs to be super pale, so WS is basically perfect. Your post has assuaged my fears. I know my NS girls wash out in photographs sometimes, and they already stain, so I kind of take it just as things that happen. I may be a little more crazy about it because it shows up more, but not much. Your post-- and the posts that followed yours :)-- have definitely helped!

12. i've got a white volks and i love his 'yellowing' he's an ivory/creamish color now. and a bit easier to give faces ups to with that color XD i always think of how will i work with the doll once it's yellowed before i pick WS. if i can't think of a good face up and such i don't buy them. i think my only petpeve with WS is how easy some wigs seem to stain them -_- my white skins don't get crazy colored wigs anymore

13. :aheartbea i really am happy i helped^^
      even if its just a little!

14. You will love your WS Olive. BF has one of the prettiest BW resin, I have seen. It is not paper white, it is a nice ivory color - looks natural. I love my WS Louis so much I would never get any BF in normal resin color.

WS does not usually look wash out in photograph, if you pay attention to light, exposure and surrounding. Never take pictures in the direct exposure to sunlight, sunlight is so bright that even normal skin doll fades.

This is my boy

[​IMG]
      Taken about 4:15PM out of direct sun

[​IMG]
      you can see how he compares to normal skin

regarding to the topic

Like others stated previously, I do not care for them any differently than my tan or normal skin dolls. The staining issue has to do with the wigs and clothes themselves and not the dolls.

The yellowing happens to all resin, some of my second hand normal resin dolls have more yellowing than my BW dolls.

15. At first I was very against WS dolls are I prefered realism & people just don't have that skin tone. But as I got more into stylised dolls, I began to love WS. Several of my dolls I can't imagine in NS as the white tones make them seem more ethereal. Sure, there's yellowing but it's not unpleasant & I suppose a good go over with a Mr. Clean spong would help. I find they look especially nice in soft pastels & love wine mohair wigs on them.

16. I love white skinned dolls! 5 of my current 7 are WS and 2 are NS. The worst thing that I find is that taking photographs of them with the flash on seems to wash out their features. Though they are gorgeous when you find a good eye/hair combo. Here is my Resinsoul Mei, Saika

[​IMG]

I've tried other wigs, but this one suits her best! =o)

17. The bounce has to do with the closeness of the flash to the subject as well as the aperture of the lens. Basically, step back and zoom in if you can. And then for an added bit, cover the flash with a tissue if you can. That will soften the flash and make it less harsh on the features. :)

My girl's head is so dirty since I tried to glue the magnets into her headcap. XD She needs a bath so badly...

18. Be sure to keep on topic.

and bump!

19. my elf ducan is white skin and i've never had any trouble with bleaching in photos or finding things to match his skin tone, but then he has yellowed somewhat over time, but not in a bad way. it's not noticeable.

i guess that would be a lot of people's major concerns. personally, i think the naturally yellowed white resin is quite pretty.

i think white super white dolls look...kinda not right? like their veins should be showing through their skin, ya know?