1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

White Skin FTW!..But..

Apr 9, 2009

1. What I find tricky about WS dolls is picking the right colours for their face-ups. They need different shades than NS dolls to get a natural look and I just find it easier to pick the right colours for NS resin.
      If you're not careful a face-up will look harsh or unnatural on a WS doll.

It's true that you see the yellow more when a WS doll yellows, but one of my NS dolls has yellowed far more obvious than my WS dolls. He went from DoD piglet pink NS to a shade that almost matches with Volks NS. It doesn't look bad though.
      I can understand it's a problem when your character needs to have paper white skin and the resin turns yellow, but so far my WS dolls haven't turned into a yellow that I find ugly.

2. I love ws dolls, but iiru's my only one so far. I have no doubts that he's yellowed a bit (he's over a year old), but it's not a bad shade. I don't think it's really 'hard' finding clothes or wigs, but I like heavy contrast and dramatic things for him (face-up, clothes). I haven't had any more issues with him that what I've had with my ns boys; as others have said, stains are from their wigs or clothes, and they'll happen no matter what skintone your doll has (plus it's generally not that difficult to remove stains).

3. I have a WS doll, and I don't find myself having any problems with him at all. He photographs well in normal lighting, but not so much in my house where the walls make the light look more yellow. He hasn't stained from any of his clothes yet, but he's been wearing jeans and a white or blue shirt since I got him so...

His wig is a silvery white, but that's the colour his character needed, though his eyes are a brilliant blue, just like his faceup. ^-^

Personally, though I hadn't planned on a WS doll, he was available and I think I couldn't have gotten a better shade for the character. He's perfect.

4. Hmm, in my experience it's just hard to find the right wig, period. The color of the doll has little to do with it!

Raven

5. Ooh, I recognize him! You're right, their WS looks like it has a lovely creamy color to it. I suppose that's another things about WS: which SHADE of white you get will drastically change whether or not the doll looks "realistic." Thank you for the photography tips!

I'm glad to hear that many owners care for their WS no differently than their other dolls. I already keep my girls out of direct sunlight as much as possible (they hang out in their doll bag, though there isn't room for Fimara at this point XP), so I'll definitely do the same for Fimara in her box. I think I'll probably keep her wig off of her as much as possible too, even though she's a blonde. :sweat

6. I find my WS bobobie shows scuffs a lot easier than any of my NS dolls ever did. She gets SO dingy looking so quickly (I am a huge "player").

7. I've not had issues with WS, sometimes I think NS can look weird next to them but it really depends (I had a BF PF next to a MW PF, that was weird, Yoko looked orange next to Liu, he is NS but so pale hes almost WS).

My first real WS doll was a little bit of a shock, I expected her to be more white but she was cream.
      If resin is going to stain its going to stain, doesn't matter if its WS or NS. I dont see my WS dolls staining any easier than my NS dolls.

NS can be a little easier to photograph in some circumstances, but the color of the clothes, wig, and background makes a difference.

8. Has anyone got anything positive to say about WS? I kinda wish I hadn't read this now, I have a WS AOD Qian on order and I'm worried that I'm not going to like her so pale!

9. Oh, I have everything positive to say about my WS. I love her. I love the way she looks. She photographs wonderfully. She's wonderful! Just WS has it's cons, just as any other colour skin. :D

10. it seems to me there are quite a few positive comments about WS on this thread....even on this page alone.^^

11. That have been heavily contradicted in other places on this thread. I DID read the lot. I asked because every time someone said they didn't have this problem, there were at least 5 more than contradicted it.

12. Well that would be lost of point of the thread now wouldnt it? I start thread for those who list things that make white skin annoying or worrysome. If you read what I wrote, you would have known that :|

13. Dhaunnar is WS, and I love him <3 There's just something about WS that sits right with me =3

However, he DOES tend to get dirty far more easily than NS, wearing black is heart-attack worthy even if the clothes are washed until they no longer bleed; they still can leave some traces that show up shockingly against the WS oO;

Maybe it's just him though ^^;

14. Evensong is my oldest girl, a Luts Dark Elf Soo - she's about three years old now - and she's yellowed a bit since I first bought her. But I must have gotten a good batch of resin or something, because she's actually a rather pretty creamy color, not very green at all. I think she has a slight possible tint of green, but one can't really tell unless I have her dressed head-to-toe in white. About the only thing that bothers me are her hands. About a year ago, I bought her new hands because I never really liked her default hands (Dark Elf Soo's "archer" hands). I can definitely see a color difference in the resin, her new hands are a lot whiter than her arms, but if I put the hands on a windowsill in sunlight and let them "age" a little, they'll probably match up well enough. And in the meantime so long as I keep her arms covered and don't draw attention to the difference, it isn't horribly noticeable.

White skin dolls do tend to get dirty and can get stained from clothes and wigs, but no more or less than any other type of resin doll I've owned. And they're just as easy to clean off. Luckily, I've found removing staining from any kind of resin is a lot easier than removing it from, say, vinyl (had to sell a 60cm Obitsu body for a really cheap price due to horrible Dollmore clothes staining that would not come out. >_< ).

Most of my dolls are white skinned, and even my Dollmore "normal skin" boy is very pale, and looks closer to white than normal, especially compared with my Luts NS dolls. I've never had any particular issues with white skinned dolls that would ever keep me from buying them.

15. Yes, they do get clothing/wig stains BUT just as much as any other NS doll not any more . Its only because their skin tone is lighter that it is more evident.
      I think thats an important point to stress as some people are saying it in such a way that it sounds as if the doll is more stained purely because its WS, which isn't the case.
      Neither do I find it anymore difficult to take pictures of them even though others have said it is difficult earlier in the thread.
      I find WS dolls have a unique ethereal feel which only WS dolls can achieve, with the correct wig and eye colours.

16. I think there's one point you need to keep in mind, Tansa... Even those of us who do have complaints about our white dolls' resin may not necessarily dislike the dolls themselves in any other way.

For myself, I'll admit that I'm not pleased with the intensity of the green overtones that Crane and Nightengale developed. (And they're far from alone in that, over here... About half of my BW dolls have that particular problem. They're just the most advanced examples of it, being the two oldest white dolls I own from CP's "beauty green" period-)

BUT...

I'm not about to replace either of them, or any of my other "greenies". In spite of their color, I'm fond of them. I don't consider buying or owning them a mistake. Color changes are just the nature of the beast.

17. I have to agree with most of the people here. Truly, I love my WS boy ^^ and he was the first doll I bought. (Soom Namu). The only thing I don't like about WS is how dead a doll looks without its body blushed. I have learned though that if you want to take a decent photo without washing the doll out, sometimes a cell phone works best. ^^;; the best picture of my boy is sittint on my friends phone. (:| makes me wonder if he likes her more...)

18. I'm new to this, and only had my WS Doll for a month or so, but it seems most PPL here have already hit on issues I've had as well, in that its been hard to find a good wig for them, and any blemishes of any kind are horribly obvious and makes itself a glaring pain...

Had to recently remove some blushing due to those reasons, and I'm honestly thinking about skipping blush on the high wear spots... Wouldn't look right though... T_T

19. My white dolls photograph just as well as my NS ones I think, and I'm NOT that great a photographer, either. I haven't had staining problems with any of them (except a tiny faint bit on my NS doll's head). Really, if white skin is right for the character, get it. It's really NOT that different than NS in care required. My white dolls MIGHT need to be cleaned off slightly more frequently than my NS doll, maybe, but it's not a big deal to give them a quick wipe down. I keep ALL my dolls covered during the day and out of sunlight except for photoshoots and going to meets or wherever. I don't really treat them any differently based on skin color.

I do treat them slightly different based on replaceability and cost, though. I'm more likely to take Riddick or Kale out and about, but that's because their bodies are more easily and affordably replaceable if something happened to them. It's just coincidence that they are my NS dolls.