1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

White Skin FTW!..But..

Apr 9, 2009

1. Is it true that when whiteskin resin yellows...it...greens?

2. Depends on the Resin of the company.
      Ex: Soom's White tends to turn a light green after some years of too much exposure to light of sun

Or with others, it tends to turn creamy white. Which not bad :sweat

3. I think most resin, NS or white, just yellows. CP had a time where their white skin resin would turn greenish rather than yellow, but I think that's been resolved.

4. I have a WS CP doll that is rather old now. And he is yellowish I guess. Nothing I care to much about anyway. I think he still looks gorgeous! ^___^
      I also have a pipos doll, which still is extremely white. No changes there at all. ^^

5. I have two white skin dolls and I love the color they were originally! But there is a lot of sun where I live, so I can't even have them sit out in my room, where the blinds are always closed, because even then they have yellowed. Yellowing is pretty much my only issue with white skin, but it's enough of one to convince me to never buy a white skin doll again. At least while I live in the middle of a desert XP

6. This is a great thread as I'm thinking of buying a WS BuddyDoll! But I've heard their NS is quite fair as well, so perhaps I'll go with that.

7. Some (most?) NS will yellow, too.

I love WS dolls. I'd still prefer them, even if they yellow.

They do seem to be easily over-exposed in photos, may not go with some wig colors, have a yellow or green caste--but not always and for certain. There are many different WS resins and they all act differently and have slightly different colors. NS resin colors may have similar problems. It really all comes down to what you like and what you can put up with, I guess!

8. I have a Normal Skin Demon Garden body with a Normal Skin minimee head (mortal celebrity Johnny Depp)
      I have a Freshskin Dollstown girl (immortal half-fairy)
      I have a Cream White Soom Spinel (immortal vampire)
      I will have a White Skin Bobobie/Resinsoul Mei (immortal fairy)
      I will have a Blue Skin Bobobie/Resinsoul Mei (immortal fairy)

I think the different skintones near each other look perfectly fine, why should that peeve me? Afterall you can take any three real people of any one particular race and their skintones will vary!
      Besides each of my character's skintones go with their character.

I use mostly fantasy color wigs, so that doesn't bother me either.

:daisy

9. I love the look of white skin, I think its very versatile and looks lovely! That said, I will think twice before buying a WS doll because of the yellowing issue. Yes, NS and even tan yellow too, but generally speaking it is not as noticable. My 3 NS Volks dolls all from different years could easily swap parts if they were the right size. And my tan girl is at least a year old and looks as beautifully tan as the day I got her. But it really depends on the company and the undertones of the resin. I've seen some rather old WS CP dolls that have turned a gorgeous creamy shade. I'd be more wary of buying WS dolls from new, unproven companies.

White wigs on WS dolls are tricky though. Unless the doll is either very new (no yellowing yet) or has pinker undertones as opposed to yellow, I usually just don't like white wigs on them 'cause the contrast can bring out the doll's yellowness. ^^;

10. Thank you, Masa! :)

11. A BUMP to the FRONT

12. I'm scared of the doll turning beauty green :XD: And I'm also a bit concerned that the natural yellowing of resin will be more visible on a white skin doll than on other skin types.

But I might still buy a white skin doll sometime and make her a ghost/fae or something, then it won't matter if she gets a bit strangely colored over time. I can just blame it on her not being a human.

13. I love my White skin dolls; it's probably my favorite skintone ^^

I don't mind yellowing, as all dolls yellow eventually, but I try not to leave them where there's sun.

The only thing I don't really like about white skin is that when I take photos under light, usually the details wash out xD:;

14. Photographing ws is kind of a pain. I have to adjust the way I take pictures of my dolls with ws. If I don't do it just right I end up with a horribly washed out picture. It's ironic that I have trouble with ws, but most of my dolls are ws because I prefer it. lol

15. The WS thing is the only thing that's kept me from being completely Soomed. I have two WS dolls and, though they are perfect for their characters, I just don't see any more fitting into my family. They look very out of place next to my other dolls. And since almost everyone in my gang is supposed to be a run-of-the-mill human type, the sharp contrast doesn't work.

Plus I've found my two WS dolls pick up dirt like you wouldn't believe, and every little imperfection just stands out against their resin. I find myself almost afraid to handle them. They are definitely the least played-with of my family.

I'll never get tired of looking at everyone else's WS lovelies though. There really are some amazing ones out there.

16. To add to own thread, really. I LOVE WS. I find so pure, unique and beautiful. But really photography depends on...the photographer! If you know how to handle camera and position, it not be hard at all. So enough with the complaining of washing out.
      I joke >3 But I serious about positioning and handeling. And this thread not created so people can think bad of WS and think twice of getting it, I make it so people are aware of the little bit of work you need for WS. Lets get awake here, people. Whether you have WS or NS, it all the same. They all gonna yellow with time and they all need work and care. Get what you want and smile! ^-^

17. Bumpity Boo >3

18. [​IMG]
      I have two dolls now, one normal and one white skin and I have to say I LOVE the white skin. I agree that some hair colours might be more difficult to get away with, but Swan (right above) has quite a brightly coloured face up and she's stunning :) She's a year old and second hand and there doesn't seem to have been any change with her colour, although of course I don't know how she was stored before she came to me.

I don't think normal and white skins look bad together... just like in real life, two different skin tones are jus different, not ugly to me :)

19. I'm so confused about all the photography troubles, and dirt, and not looking right with other skintones discussed in here. I have three WS and 2 NS now, and they look perfectly fine together (much like me next to my paper-white best friend, who washes out in photos far more than my dolls ever do), they all photograph just as well, they both get a little dirty (granted it shows very SLIGHTLY more on the WS)... I'm just not seeing any real differences or problems. I had initially planned not to have any WS dolls at all, but I can't imagine my 3 as any other color, they're gorgeous. I've had no troubles finding wigs or eyes for each (granted 2 of the wig colors were inspired by their special faceups, and none of them are wearing brown, for example).

I seriously hope no one's passed up on a doll they really loved because it was WS. It's just not a big deal.

20. I wish there were a data base of WS dolls that turned green, because I actually find the slight green tint attrative. But I also like the fantasy doll look, so that has an influence.

Unfortunealy, from what I read, companies keep on changing the formua of their greenie resin so that it will simply yellow.

I love the look of WS dolls, and don't find it to be unatural, but am also a very pale person myself, and a fan of the pale look. I think it largely depends on what you find attractive if you are going to be content with WS of not.