1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

White Skin FTW!..But..

Apr 9, 2009

1. BW Delfs and MiniFees made between late summer 2005 and autumn 2006. :|

There are a few batches from that period that aren't green... but a lot of them are.

2. i have one white skin doll and i'm not a big fan, i get white skin normally when i want to dye a doll. it's easier. but i find they look sickly in ws. :( or emo.

3. i have my DOT Delphine in WS and when i saw her.. i was like.. HOLY...shes... WHITE...its like snow pretty much. its easier to find matches with white since... white is white and normal skin can vary by maker.

i worry about what some clothing looks like on her since....it might look good on other NS dolls....buy on WS... its different.

4. I've never seen a doll, that would've been white as snow. Maybe natural white, y'know?
      I really liked it, it looks beautiful and nice, but I'm not sure if I would want own white skinned doll.
      Maybe too white for my charas 8D

5. I am getting my first WS doll soon when they ship her out from Peakswoods. I am terrified to do her face up myself so I ordered PW romantic face up cuz it looks great on her.

I think the yellowing is the thing that will frighten me the most. I need to keep her locked away special to keep her pretty. Stains dont bother me that much from clothing. I give my dolls a nice clean up every other week as part of our playtime together. Magic Eraser <3

6. THIS. Especially if you stick them next to a dark tan doll. *_* And heaven forbid I have any overhead light on, or my WS DD2 picks up the colored cast from the bulbs and all but throws it back into my face. [Talk about giving my camera an apoplexy. :sweat]

7. At the moment, I have two Dollzone (paper) white skinned dolls. One of my boys has yellowed a little more than the other, but it almost turns more of an oriental color, so it's not so bad looking. Anyway, I noticed that the most difficult thing with the white skin is how easily they get dirty!
      My boys don't go outside, they have never been to a meet up, and they are never anywhere near my cosmetics. Although, I still find marks on them! It's crazy! I think they attract dirt or something -_-

8. I don't have any white skinned dolls, but I think they are so gorgeous!! I've found that resin matching to white resin is sometimes not as difficult as NS as well: it's a definite plus for hybrid dolls if you fall in love with a headmold, but not the body or vice versa. Although, there are in between shades of peachy and pinky white that aren't as easy to match (as I am now experiencing ^^;;;). I don't think the yellowing or creamyfying should scare anyone away from them though. They're gorgeous.

9. I think I have an even mix of WS and NS kids and I personally treat them all as if they'll turn yellow the second the light hits them. Prolonged sunlight will yellow either resin shade as will time but I just do my best not to speed up the process by being careless. I suppose black fuzz and rub from clothes is more apparent on WS dolls but it irks me on my NS kids so I'm OCD about it too. :sweat I make my life difficult because I'm particular, it's not really about my boys or their respective skin tones.

10. Colour change over the years. I'm lucky in that I'm pretty sure my WS Dollzone hasn't changed over the year and a half I've had him, but I am so careful and only rarely ever let him see sunlight...and two out of three WS Bambicronies see a lot of sun, but they don't seem different from the one who's actually never been outside once...but I'm still kind of scared of it.

11. i plan on getting like 7 bjds and like 5 of them will be white and the other 2 normal xD

i dont really know why i love white dolls so much 0-0 they just look cool to me

12. I have two WS girls, and I know that Jay's already yellowed a little since I've gotten her... Doesn't bother me, though, to be honest. I'm not going to avoid taking her places because she'll yellow. If she yellows, whoopty-doo, she's yellow. She's still my doll and I still love her. Same thing with Lirael, (who is seeing more sun than Jay). I got into this hobby with the knowledge that WS dolls yellow. I'm ok with that. I know it's going to happen. Doesn't stop me from taking them out and enjoying them.

13. I have a white skinned doll and I dislike that they yellow. He's not in the sun or anything, but he turns yellow over time. Almost like sun bleaching, if you will. At least the yellowing is even throughout his body? haha. Also, wig stains. >_<

14. Photos can be difficult. If he is alone I can tweet the light to work, but if I try to take a photo with another doll he's usually washed out!

[​IMG]
      Gao without flash, in front of a bright window.

[​IMG]
      An untweeked pic of Gao and Miyuki... wash out!

15. *flails* Wig Cap! Get a wig cap! :doh

16. This is the thing I hate most about white skin (My doll Aspen is WS)

[​IMG]

But I think this was really made worse by the fact that he was dressed in all white and the sun was REALLY REALLY bright that day. And that camera's focus kind of sucked.

WS looks good when it's in really gentle, natural lighting though.

[​IMG]

And if you put different colored objects around the doll or dress them in rich colors that might also help because it will reflect onto their skin and make them appear more colorful.

17. In my case I'm intending to turn my doll into pure white, to suit the character he's supposed to represent - so in my case, I admittedly love the white skinned dolls. They're so... otherworldly.