1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Gets The Children???

Feb 13, 2010

1. I agree with Pixie Girlie : ) I would like my dolls to go to someone who would enjoy them as much as I do, so they can carry on making someone smile after I'm gone. Be that my children, or friends with kids who have a penchant for resin pretties.

2. Woooow... I honestly hadn't really thought about this, my dolls aren't my 'children' or even that important as far as things of this level of seriousness go- I figure I'll give my dolls away to any daughter I might have, or some other little girl. I really wouldn't care if they did go to a 5 year old, because that little kid might just love them. I'm probably not going to keep them all all my life anyway- I might just sell them all off when I'm done with the hobby in a couple years and take the money and send myself on vacation...

3. Seeing as I have not made any plans to die any time soon, I will answer this assuming I will be around for a while longer. I imagine I will have at least a few dolls, so if by then there is no one in my life that would truly appreciate them, not to mention actually wishes to have them, then I would like for them to be sold to help pay for my funeral, with some going to an animal charity. Though I would like at least one to stay in the family as a memento, even if they don't love it the way I did, as I can't ask that of someone if their heart is not in it.
      I'd basically like for the doll to continue to bring someone happiness and for it to continue being loved and admired as the work of art that it is :)

4. I think I'll donate 1 or 2 to one of the art schools in my area. The rest will go to my son and my girlfriend's daughter. It would be nice if my dolls were passed down from one generation to the next.

5. Mmm~... she would probably end up going to my cousin (Phantasmagoria). After all... she watches her enough as it is (LOL, love you), and she's the one who got me into BJDs.

6. I'll sell them all on dolly forum to share the love. Money will be donated to annimal charity.

7. In the event that I (for whatever reason) can't take care of them anymore, my dolls go to my girlfriend. She has most if not all of their pairings/children, so they'd be happy. Even if she and I wouldn't.

8. Never thought of it own loads of different very expensive collectables.
      Now you have concerned me as its something I really should think about.
      I would suggest my husband sells to someone who appreciates them.

9. None of my friends or family are into BJDs, so it's the marketplace.

10. I'd like my favorite doll to be given to my best friend. I like the idea that my doll would still be in a BJD collection and loved and played with by a good friend.

I think it would be best that the rest be sold. Especially because if I died, my family could use the money to help pay for my funeral costs and such.

11. One of my concerns is that sometimes family members don't know or understand the value of this type of hobby, and the doll(s) could possibly end up being donated to a thrift store, or sold at a yard sale for a couple of dollars.:...(:...( Oh.well...I guess that's how treasures are found.:lol:

12. Hubby said he would have my favorite doll cremated with me. But honestly I have no idea. If I were to die right now I would want hubby to sell my dolls in the hopes the money would help out in the aftermath, we have two little kids to support and it would be hard. If I still have these dolls when I am an old woman I suppose I will leave them to my kids. I don't know that the boys would be interested but having grown up around them they at least know what they are and probably how to sell them on to some one who would be interested in them. It's hard to imagine how this hobby may change in the next 50+ years though. Who knows, maybe my grandkids will be interested in the dolls.

13. My dolls will get passed on to a family member when I pass away - probably my children.

14. really I have no idea (never really crossed my mind before now)
      I won't be living anywhere near any family of mine and even if I was I wouldn't want them to have my girl because I'm sure they wouldn't take care of her
      she'd probably go to a friend but I'll have to put more thought into this some day

15. Most of my dolls are in RP relationships so they go to the owner of their partner when I die. (which would most likely be my sister or BFF) The single dolls go to my husband to do as he sees fit. But as of right now, I'd want Ay and Nakhtmin to go with me. And be mummy-wrapped, as their culture/time period dictates. :P

16. What happens to my dolls, and all of my other hobbies, would be up to my husband's discretion. I don't want to ask him to keep anything. He may keep, sell, or give away whatever he feels is best. I'm not really worried about any of my material possessions. If I've outlived him, then they'd be someone else's problem. I am not going to leave specific instructions--they can do what they want with what was once mine.

17. My boyfriend of 6 years (soon-to-be husband), would get my dolls. We've discussed this topic and in the event one of us passes before the other we would get the other's collection and posessions (he doesn't collect dolls, but his collection is worth about the same as my dolls). He could do whatever he wanted with them, sell them, keep them, or find people to give them to, but I know he would keep my Soom Amber at the very least since he knows she is my grail and my fave. I know she is his favorite as well.

18. My sister and nephew are not into dolls, so I'll try and make sure they go somewhere else.

If I can't actually plan it myself, I hope they will just be sold, because they really are too wonderful to go somewhere where they won't be appreciated.

If I can arrange it, I'd love to give them to people I know in the dolly world. But really, we all love different things, so who knows?

I think if I get sick and am dying, I'll try to put them on the Marketplace or Ebay... or request someone to help me do that. And I will hope that the buyers will appreciate them and care for them, because they really are special dolls. :)

19. Seeing as how my mother THREW AWAY her hand made wedding dress two years ago without even asking any of we kids if we wanted it (it was hand sewn by my favorite grandmother 60 years ago!) she is the LAST person I would ask to take them. She is NOTORIOUS for yard selling evey one of our treasures not nailed down including some childhood ones without asking if the family members wanted them. I could just SEE my precious Luna Tamer sitting among the used glassware with a $1 sticker between her pretty little eyes. So, as I have safe guarded my living treasures, my cats and dogs, with a trust fund, so have I provided for my dolls. My partner's mother may have her choice of them and the rest will go to my darling sister and favorite niece. At least they will be valued that way.

20. OMG! I read this after I wrote my response! I know that is EXACTLY what would happen to mine without planning! On the other hand....how would you like to be the person that stumbled across THAT yardsale!!!:D