1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Gets The Children???

Feb 13, 2010

1. I don't have any children at this point in my life nor do I plan to have any in the near future, but I like to think that when I do at least one of them would appreciate my dolls. As of right now they would go my youngest sister because she is the only person in the house that has an interest in them. If she wishes she could sell them.. I'd rather her sell them to someone who would take care of them than sit on a shelf or in a box.

2. omg I thought I was the only one thinking about this!
      Having seen my elderly parents have everything taken away I have been SO saddened by thoughts
      of what will happen to my dear doll friends ???

3. hmm. It depends. If I ever have children, which i doubt, I would give them my dolls; if they wanted to keep them, that would be fine. But if they wanted to sell them, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. If I don't have children, I'd probably give them to my nephew. I believe my dolls are a financial investment, so I'd rather give them to someone who could at least use the money after they sell them. ^.^

4. I think I would give the to either my friend who got me into bjds or to my mom. :kitty2

5. It might be a little morbid/depressing to have done this already at age 20, but I told my best friend that if something happens to me, at least my first two dolls are hers. (Our dolls are all in a story together, so it's only right.)
      If she later decided she needed to sell some of them, there would be no hard feelings... life is life, and after all, I'd be dead, so no complaints.

I cringe at the thought of any of my dolls being buried with me. A major attraction for me is that they do not age, do not get sick and will never die. They're a 3D snapshot of a living person, constant. When I am feeling especially poetic and sentimental, I think of them as immortal in a way, but theirs is a very weak and pitiful immortality--they aren't sentient, can't feel and can't move, and whatever 'life' they have is created in them by the person who cares for them. It seems horribly wrong to damn any of them to living in the ground with my abandoned shell instead of being 'alive' with someone new.

Really, the thought of sweet, gentle Gailan's face eternally gazing into the darkness beside my body while I rot in silence makes my stomach turn.

6. If my children are unappreciative for them, I will find a doll owner on DOA or some other site and gift them. I will try to spread them out, but keep Oliver and Bartlebee together. They need each other. ;~;

7. I haven't planned anything about this as I spend more time thinking about other people dying then me dying, but I guess they'd all go to my sister by default since she's the other doll collector among my nearby-family. I only have one doll that could bring in any kind of money if sold, so I don't know what she'd do with them. If my family decides to bury me with something, it probably won't be a doll, but if it is, it'll be Lumpi since he's my boyfriend. I'll most likely be cremated, though, so that won't be an issue. I would like to own a coffin at SOME point of my existance, so the knowledge I'll be cremated is slightly disappointing in that I'll be in tupperware instead of a pretty wooden casket.

8. I have no family that I would dare give these too. If worst came to worst... I'd set it up for them to be sold off somehow with monies going to my local SPCA. But I can think of more than one person currently in the doll world here that I would gladdly hand my dolls over to and not worry one whit about them ^^. I will soon be setting up formal stuff, since I learned the hard way about ppl exiting the world a tad to early recently. I'm actually glad to see that some of the younger ones in here have thought of this ^^.

9. I'm going to pick a friend when I eventually write a will and surprise the hell out of them. That is, if we don't have to sell them to pay for hospital bills.

10. If my girlfriend is still around/with me then she can have them since she has her own dolls and loves mine already anyway. Otherwise, I'd either want them to be left to friends who appreciate them or sold to other doll lovers.

11. I don't like being morbid, but something has been floating around in my mind for a while. No one lives forever and so I started wondering "What's going to happen to my dolls after I die?" I had two ideas, 1) have them buried with me (But I'd feel kind of bad to do that to them) or 2) give them to someone I can absolutely trust and hope they will pass them on before their time and so on. I just wouldnt want them to be thrown out/discarded carelessly and end up in a dump or something and not seen at the value they hold in my heart. Anyone else?

12. My kids get my dolls - & can sell them or whatever. My youngest has EBay plans.... My eldest who's an artist also has plans, of a more creative nature LOL
      I figure this all to be in several decades in the future of course.
      I do plan on keeping my Renji (IH Bichun) until the bitter end. But I won't have him buried (or cremated!)

13. Ah....thanks!

14. I'd want then to go to someone who would appreciate them--be that one of my descendants who wants to keep them or some stranger who would like to buy them. I imagine some of the dolls I plan to get light be valuable in the future--even more common sculpts, like my Mo. Who knows, maybe I'll be a famous writer and someone will auction off my character dolls with the proceeds going to charity. :)

15. If I were to die right now, I would hope that my sisters would get them. One likes BJDs and the other likes the photography aspect, and I've talked to two of them about how special they are to me, how much they're worth in good condition and such. So I would trust them to do what was best. I imagine them keeping them because they felt bad, but in the end, I hope they would keep them and love them/use them or just sell them so that someone else could give them a good home. The worst hands they could fall into would be my grandmother or my aunt, who would sell them in a heart beat and blow the money like it was nothing.

16. I can't have kids, so maybe they'll go to a friend or something. A couple are coming with me!

17. I would hope that my daughter (she's 6 years old right now) would want them when she grows up. She likes them now, and knows how much they mean to me...but maybe when she grows older, she won't like them as much? Anyway, my first choice would be for her to have them, but then...if none of my family turns out to be doll lovers, then I'd want the dolls to go to someone who collects dolls and would be happy to give them a new home...

18. Yeesh. What a sad topic. I hadn't thought of it before, but what will happen to my dolls in the long run is more troubling to me than my death. If I were to die quite soon, I would try to make arrangements for family, friends, or other collectors to adopt my dolls. But if I live a while, that will probably be much harder to do, if not because all my favourite people will have died/ or lost contact with me, then because many dolls, even if very well preserved, do go out of fashion and then have a reduced number of interested collectors.

I feel an urge go hug Elena right now. :(

19. i can relate to this... but omg... i'm being cremated and I can't even imagine putting the torch to my boy O_O.... I just want to do some good for something I believe in after i'm gone, thats why I want all my precious stuff to be sold off somehow so it can go to a charitable thing ... which for me so far is animal care related.