1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the most "masculine" boy?

May 22, 2006

1. I am almost positive that my girl will be getting a Luo within the next year :)
      UNLESS... they make something comparable in the YID size... hmmm

2. I wonder when they will release a boy in the new SID size? I'm hoping they will look more like the EIDs.

Good luck on getting a Luo within the next year! I think I'll start saving for one too. I'm really hooked on boy dolls lately. :D

3. OOOOOPS!!! I did mean SIDs!!! I like Soori a lot, BUT I prefer the men bodies of the EID.
      I also wanted something in between for height, but yes, that's what I'm waiting for. Something in the SID line that is comparable to the EID men :)

Oh gawd I don't think I'm fully awake yet lol

4. The two Angelsdoll guys are also very definitely male, I don't think they've been mentioned yet.

I find it interesting how many people have brought up SooRi, because my boyfriend's first reaction to him was "that one would be great for [girl in book he's writing]!" She is a tomboy, but still, to each his own, eh?

And I agree that if the SID men look more like the EID men, it would be amazing. I love the EIDs, but I'm not sure I'll be ready for something *quite* that big for a while.

5. Dan from angelsdoll is very masculing the most masculine face with very male shapes a good square jawline.

6. what about the bishounenhouse boys? Ian and Logan could never pass as women.

sorry if they've been mentioned already :P

7. They were... but worth mentioning again :)

8. My Lune's Souldoll body is very very handsome and masculine. I especially love the definition of his 6-pack.

9. Isn't there a thread around here somewhere for posting pics of masculine boys? Either I'm dreaming...or I'm not searching in the right place. :doh I thought I looked through a thread like that awhile ago.

Insanity could be setting in.

10. I agree he is very much a guy, but I have to thank you for the link, I just pruchased a Tonner Ashly BJD that I didnt know about, she will fit into the Tonner fashions I have collected over the years!
      I would love to see pitures of male dolls, Im trying to find just the right one and I want him to be all man!

11. Well I think this is a problem or issue about the face because if you look at the sculpt of the body most of them are definitely males (if we're talking SD size - 60cm+). I think Iplehouse EIDs and SOOM Idealian dolls are quite manly...though they still have soft features. I think some of the problems you can fix by giving them manly face-ups

12. In my opinion, the Soom Idealian72 have the most beautiful and masculine body. The muscles are well defined, but without exaggerations. Really good!
      But, their faces can be a little delicate or not so stronger, in comparison with Iplehouse EIDs, for example. I believe that a perfect faceup can solve this.
      In general, I prefer the Idealians. Iplehouse EIDs are a good second option, their faces are really beatiful and masculine (the mostly, but their body are not too beautiful like the Idealians.
      Mega Gems are very good too (like Idealians).

About faceups, I believe that it helps a lot about the look of a doll.
      A feminine faceup can turn a masculine face into feminine anyway. And the inverse also are true.
      If you want a masculine look, you must make a masculine faceup.
      It is a combination of a lot of things (sculpt, faceup, clothes, wig).

13. I think Granado has the most masculine sculpts - both in terms of face and body.

Dollshe's 28M body is also very rugged.

Agree with others that if you really want a manly look though you have to pull it together with faceup/hair/clothing to complete the effect.

That said, I don't think there is any way to make a feminine or androgynous sculpt look all that manly. Even adding facial hair is not going to change an underlying softness in the facial structure.

But there's also the matter of style and relative realism. If you put let's say a Switch Soseo next to a doe-eyed Volks Lorina, sure the Soseo is going to look super manly. But put the same sculpt next to a Granado Andrew and he looks super girly - that, and he looks like a total alien because the style and the proportions are practically opposites.

I didn't used to like manly, realistic sculpts that much. Now I do, and it's kind of split my doll collection in two - the cartoonish, stylized, androgynous dolls on the one side, and the realistic, manly dolls on the other. :lol: