1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the most "masculine" boy?

May 22, 2006

1. Red or Wu have the best bodies. Their faces are not the most masculine out there however. And do you know they have the exact same feet as Ryung and Soah and Sooah?

2. The most masculine, to me at least, are Yukinojo, Heath and perhaps School head A and F-16, but F-16 can be very girly, depending on the faceup. :)

Also, Souldolls have great masculine bodies IMO. =) So do Hypermaniac boys. Check out Grace's boy at her site. :)

3. Thanks everyone that posted their opinions. I am not alone in my opinion! I had to laugh at the above post, because I think it is so true.

The most masculine male doll I have seen is a Tonner doll, called Russell Williams. http://www.twodaydreamers.com/16ruwi.html

Now that is a guy!

4. This is the most masculine MSD size doll body I have ever seen.

5. Unidoll Ark (albeit scary as hell ^^; ) and Unidoll Jace are the most masculine that I have come across, myself. The Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp event Minimee heads too. And for a doll that is not rugged but still masculine, I believe Senior Delf Abadon fits the bill. ^_^

6. All of the Tonner guys are pretty masculine. Not even my guy with waist-length silver hair could ever look like a girl.

Iplehouse Barron is quite masculine looking, as is Soom Spinel.

ETA. Oh no. Now I had to go look up that Yukinojo guy... bad, bad move on my part. I do not need to covet any more gorgeous and likely impossible to obtain dolls! Alain looks pretty masculine to me, too.

7. I think it would be quite hart to turn a Limhwa Limho Mano like this one into a girl!

I also think the Dollshe Saint and Husky look definitely just like men, and Barron from Iplehouse!

8. Yukinojo is my first choice- that sexy beast... :( I want you.

9. I'd like to point out that even though I agree with the opinions that Heath is a very masculine head mold, I've recently seen the most beautiful Heath I've ever seen that is actually very feminine... kind of... He's Nanyalin's Frey ((I'm a huge fan of all her dolls...)).

Also... on a head swapping thread I had seen his head on a female body... and though many people might consider me crazy... I think he would actually make a pretty girl.

Back on topic though, I agree on Yukinojo as well and I also think Elfdoll K is quite masculine too... definitely no mistaking him at all in my eyes.

10. I would have to say: Yukinojo, I got him for his masculine figure and face. I love him. :)

11. I think soom's dolls are masculine~~

12. The one doll mold I can think of right now would as someone said, Limho Mano.
      I seriously can't imagine him as a girl, or even in drag. *Pictures Mano in a lolita dress and curly long pigtails*...:nowords:

13. I would say Soom's Sabik.

14. I agree, SOOM dolls are very realistic and masculine. Some SOOM female dolls are actually a little bit too masculine for my taste. :XD:
      SOOM's Spinel or Sabik I'd say, at least for the heads. I haven't paid much attention to bodies. o_O

15. I think Barron from Iplehouse is very masculine ... Which is why I picked him. ^^

16. On the topic of masculinity and as a Yukinojo mother, I'd have to say that he takes the title. But my friends still think he's feminine *_*
      But he does have the most toned arms out of any male doll I've ever seen XD

However, I'd also like to put in my two cents for Amakusa Shiro Tokisada. He's pretty high on my "looks like man" list.

17. I agree with others that have said before me... Unidoll's Ark and Jace, Limho Mano, and Iplehouse's Aaron and Barron. Personally, I still think a lot of the sculpts that we might think are "manly" still look pretty feminine to people outside the hobby. As the OP said, those of us in the BJD hobby have developed more... ah... discriminating tastes, for lack of a better word.

Oh, and then there are some of the Minimees... just depends on the model, I think. ^_~

I still haven't found a 43cm boy with a manly face... *grumble grumble*

18. OMG, yes! The quest I've been on lately is so terribly frustrating. I wish there were more mature mini men. All I can find is girly boys.:roll: I think I've found one mini sculpt that would suit my needs (Lati Blue boys), but their heads are still a bit childish (not to mention the difficulty actually getting a hold of one).:doh All I want is a nice manly man to go with my mature mini girl. Now there's a niche in need of filling.;)

This thread is lovely. Too bad almost all of these yummy guys are 60+cm.:sigh But I'm enjoying the pics.:)

19. I agree with Unidoll ARK as the most masculine, although Sooms Mecha's come close.