1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the most "masculine" boy?

May 22, 2006

1. Unidoll's Ark. There is nothing feminine about that boy.

2. I say the Unidoll Ark is hands-down the most masculine doll I've seen--he can be modded as one of those rough and rugged cowboy types or biker or heavy metal band member types. I think there is a member who had heavily modded their Unidoll Ark and his looks now remind of of Clint Eastwood or Russel Crowe.

For more refined but still manly types, Unidoll Jace and Volks SD16 Yukinojo are really masculine. :)

3. Limhwa Limho Manos are very masculine, Unidoll Ark, Sabik, Bishouenhouse

I find most Volks head molds even the masculine looking ones can still be turned into girls if anyone tried. XD; Masculine bodies help them be male for the most part.

4. To me, the most masculine boys are elfdoll K and volks Williams. Unidoll Real's are also not easily turned into girls^^.

5. I agree, unidoll Ark. I think you'll have a real hard time trying to make him look like a woman! :sweat

6. I think Jace is the most masculine one, Ark seems more phantasy or monser-like than masculine to me.

7. Soom Spinel, he would make too weird a girl. I agree about some dolls looking like drag kings, when androgenous looking dolls are put in more masculine clothes it can look quite forced :)

8. Amen to that! What's funny is that I went on the same quest, and the Lati Blue boys were my final decision too, lol! I agree that their heads are still a little young-looking, but they're the best I've found so far. We have so many beautiful mature-looking girls in the community... and they need companions!

-Amy

9. I've been looking up all these dolls as we go along naming them and... man, I really want 'em!
      If one was going to buy a girl doll and endeavor to actually make her a drag king/androgynous but still female... would you want to buy an androgynous guy head and put it on a female body, or just risk having a girl doll that looks, well, like every other guy doll out there? A curious thought, 'cause I think having a boyish girl doll would be the coolest thing in the universe right now.

And for my two cents... well, it's already been said a couple times over, so I'll shut up now.

10. Being newer to these dolls I prefer the females just because the males are too feminine for my taste...however, I fell for Unidoll Ark just because he's the most masculine BJD I've seen.

I saw a member's Ark as a cowboy...and...WOW! I can see him kicking your a$$ if you even hint that he has feminine characteristics.

11. I agree with most of the replies, esp. Unidoll Ark. Yikes, that dude scares me. How about Soom's Lupin? He even has the short molded hair, just paint it and tadah, man hair! Not to mention the musclebound body the Super Gem's have.

12. Hey honestrabbit, here's your theory tested:
      [​IMG]

*River goes to find a spear*

13. Being a SOOM Lupin owner, even with a long wig on he's unmistakably a bloke. Definitely a contender for one of the "manly" BJDs.

- Mel

14. Elfdoll K is the most masculine I think. I don't think a single one of his features can be mistaken for 'feminine'. That, and any woman would be ashamed of those scowl lines he has (which are HOT).

15. LOL chizzie_shark! I think this should be the acid test for dolly masculinity. Could you put the head on a female body and not look like a pre-op transexual! If only I had a female body handy I would try this test on my Saint (which has been rated a masculine sculpt on this thread, although my friends think mine looks like Avril Lavigne) and my Lawrence Owen (who I think is a very masculine, but not too butch, sculpt).

16. Soom boys are definitely very masculine! Just look at Chizzie's River - even with boobs he's still a guy. :o:lol: I think Lupin, Sabik, Rex, and Spinel are the most masculine. Unidoll's Jace (and Ark) are pretty manly, Limhwa's Mano is too. Elfdoll's Mir is not feminine, and K is pretty manly too. JMHO. ;)

17. I love masculine dolls :aheartbea

The most masculine "man" (not boy) to me is either Unidoll Ark or Soom Sabik :aheartbea Dollshe Saint or Van and the Bishounen House Boys come to mind as well

Sounds weird, but I think Souldoll's Hye would make a handsome man! She always looked like a dude to me.

18. Iplehouse Barron is pretty manly too (he has to be, my future Barron is going to be a warrior!)

All the boys mentioned here are so drool worthy....:drool But often even with a hunky face, some guys don't cut the muscles too well. What about macho masculine bodies? I think Unireals, Iplehouse muscle bods and Soom Super Gems top the lot. :fangirl:

19. Unidoll Ark (that is one angry-looking doll! :lol:) and Soom MA Corvi (even though he's a beautiful sculpt, you could never mistake that face for a woman, he has too heavy brows and a manly jaw, lol; maybe a kind of ugly lady ;)), I think. :) Though all the Mecha Angel/Super Gem guys are pretty masculine as well, especially Spinel and Lupin.

20. I'll add my vote for Unidoll Jace/Ark, and also the Soom Mecha guys - and ditto - where are the masculine mini guys!