1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the most "masculine" boy?

May 22, 2006

1. Didn't know about this guy, but yeah, he does look masculine.

I've always found the Dollshes "beautiful" men. I think a big difference is how some would classify masculine as the rugged and Western ideal of the "Marlboro Man"! IMHO, the Eastern, refined ideal is more to my liking.

I remember reading once (and seeing photos as examples) where if you shaved all the hair (facial and scalp) from both sexes that it would be very difficult to tell them apart by the shape of the face alone - there are differences, to be sure, but they may not be as glaring as we like to think.

Arkhe

2. i think unidoll, for body and face.

3. Unidoll Rio is clearly one of. As is the new Iplehouse EID.

4. My vote goes for Unidoll Ark (who I'd dearly love). I think the Buddydoll Mars tough would be a hard sell as a girl, too.

5. I think my Volks Amakusa is very masculine. I agree all the above are masculine as well.

6. Amen. Those are two faves of mine. Nice. Very nice.:love

7. I think Kyou from the orientdoll

8. Well, I'm going to have to add a Soom Sabik head on a Luts Super Senior Delf body isn't bad either!!!!! Just tried it. Have a CW soom sabic head and NS Luts SSD body but with a little blushing it will be perfect!!!!! He looks really really good!!!!

9. i thought this too when i first saw bjd's. im a huuuge fan of androgyny personally XD but its funny, a lot of times when i see male molds turned into females it just looks WRONG. you can tell when they're meant to be male XD; despite how feminine they may look as one.
      but i think unidoll has some really male molds. the iplehouse EID body is very masculine, though his face mold isn't so rugged yet, but the body is the most male doll body ive ever seen XD
      unidoll faces win though.
      did i see a vote for kyou up there? do you mean leekeworld kyou? cuz i dont see an orientdoll kyou...
      kyou from leekeworld is really beautiful! awfully refined and smooth to be rugged though.

also all the minimees made after males are very MALE looking. very. too male for a lot of the male bodies that are out right now i think.

10. My vote is for Corvi. No mistaking him for a girl!

11. Akando wins, hands down. :D

12. Iplehouse EID body is absolutely top 1. Akando's face in my opinion is too... gentle? I was expecting a more manly face tho...

Unidoll Ark and Rio, Limhwa Mano, Bishonen House are also tight to the top.. in both face and body.... (all yammy! )

Soom macha... I still don't see a "manly" enough face mold from them... although the body is nice.. (upper arms are still too skinny...)

13. Bumping this thread up since I'm looking for a manly guy. None of the mentioned sculpts really fit the character I want to portray. Though I have to admit I'm another girl who Akando made swoon. :<

14. Personal opinion I think Iplehouse or Dollshe

15. Saragato, in the Arrival/Opening thread, if you enter Doll Family, in the search box, Dawn will be a choice to see. He is a 75 cm fellow, who has a very kind male face and a really nice body sculpt (but a bit hard to fit in clothes). If you have interest in him, the News thread with another search, will take you to the people to pm and pics of the nakey body. Dawn's a super low price (though some sanding, etc, is likely), and a weighty, nifty guy.

16. to me akando from iplehouse is the most sexy and masculine boy !!!!
      i love him so much!! ;)

17. i think without a doubt that right now IP Akando has the manliest body, but as a Buddydoll Mars Tough owner ...........he is manly through and through!

18. Shiro T and Heath from Volks! Also any of the Bermanns.
      SOOO pretty!
      =D

19. My requirements for a male doll are a rather mature face and a pleasant experssion.
      So, I'm really big on IP Akando and Unidoll Rio.