1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are you into BJDs?

Aug 24, 2017

1. I mainly collect them because I think they are beautiful and unique; I can't say I'd ever seen a doll with hooves, horns, and paws that look as lifelike as BJDs, so that was one of the draws. I enjoy photographing them, and my photography has improved immensely because of this hobby. I now own a DSLR camera because of this hobby, and love doing photoshoots and also the editing process afterwards. They are just nice to have around too, after creating their character and backstory it feels like you "know" them in a sense ^__^

2. studies show that kids(and whatever age) who plays with dolls are maternal people. But besides that, this doll community sparked a interest in me because ever since my early preteen years since i got rid of my dolls, i wanted a doll who looked like me, who i could dress up in clothes, who would make me procrastinate, i would make a room for her and give her a name and buy stuff for her. but not a normal barbie or monster high, that did not suit me. They are just so different and i love them. Also im just a child inside who plays with vintage polly pocket. i cant wait to get my doll. ill name her Sabrina :)

3. I love the creative side of it, but this was also something I actually discussed with my therapist just yesterday. I love my dolls and treat them like they have personalities and are, in their own way, sort of alive. It's probably because I had a terrible time growing up. Didn't have any supportive friends or even guardians. Parents were abusive, ect. I loved dolls and stuffed animals from a young age. BJDs seem kind of like the natural progression and adult version of that passion for personifying dolls.

4. Their just to cute to pass up. Plus I collect fashion dolls. I just miss my childhood and playing with my sisters. But Now I do it for knitting and sewing reasons.

5. The art to them, making clothes for them and I think because I've always liked dolls in general from a kid so I never "grew" out of them! :D

6. I really like these dolls for realism and diversity. Adult dolls, men dolls, fantastic dolls... And the ability to make individual make image.

7. I love bjds because they're pieces of unique art! :D I love art of any shape, and as an artist myself, I love how easily customizable they are. :3nodding:
      I think they're also great drawing references!

8. Umm , I started play with dolls 2 years ago, when i was only in primary one of my friends was crazy with them so she reccomend me.But I finally started play dolls when I was 16, now I can affort the price of the real dolls, I dont want to buy a recast...

9. I have several reasons!,I have loved dolls since I was so young, I collected from barbies to rag dolls and typical of countries and I had the opportunity to know this type of dolls and for me it was the perfection of the hobby, they are the most special and beautiful dolls I have ever seen, were perfect to recreate my own characters, since then I have collected them :whee:

10. I like them because I can create any unique character. :3

11. There's a lot of reasons why I like BJD and dolls in general. What attracted me most to BJDs was how pretty they are. Even collecting dolls from childhood I have never seen dolls as gorgeous as BJDs. I also really like how you can customise them, so I like making and designing outfits for mine. What I also like (which really surprised me at the beginning) is creating a theme/character of the doll. When I got my doll I thought I was just going to name her and make outfits but no! I gave her a personality, quirks, style, etc.

12. For me, I am a doll lover. Ever since I was little I loved dolls! There are so many reasons why! I love dressing them up and developing characters for them. For bjds the customization is amazing, and lots of them look very realistic!

13. I love sewing and thought it would be fun to design doll clothes

14. I love BJDs because they are beautiful and unique, I also enjoy dressing them up in pretty clothes and each of my dolls has her own character and style.

15. I'm fascinated by the beauty of the dolls... and it's definitely also the creative part.. I love working with clay and will create little things for my doll..

16. I think i was always a collector...started with the barbies...then when i grew up antique dolls..
      Still have a lot of these stored...and then i discovered the dolfie dream dolls, i did not like those,
      To anime for me, but then i noticed there where more companies, its like a candystore....

17. I have always liked dolls, even when I was little. I had like 5 barbies. Now that I'm older and I actually have money, I got into BJDs due to the creative side and the customization ability.

18. I currently don't own a doll, but I am looking forward to the future where I own one :XD: I think, personally, it's a mix between loving art and loving the possibilities having a doll gives you. You know, creating a character, sewing clothes, appreciating beauty & of course. simply having something for yourself only!

19. What you can do with them and how beautiful they are is what got me into them. You can sew, paint, craft, and photograph with them. It's like multiple hobbies rolled all into one!

20. I've always loved dolls and I don't really know why? BJDs are just so customizable and personal that a doll lover can't help but fall in love. I think I mostly got into them because of a hobby in photography too!