1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you sell your doll?

Jun 3, 2007

1. I sold three of my four dolls (technically, just two, one was traded) and several heads I bought as alternate expressions for said dolls.

I had lost interest in the hobby, and specially in those dolls. It had been months since I last played with them or did anything with them, not even changing clothes. My other interests were and are more important, so instead of having dolls that I no longer enjoyed I prefered to sell them. The only doll I didn't sell had become my favourite, ever since I bought her she has been the doll I have enjoyed the most.

I do not regret my decission, and I must confess the money was a great help IRL. I am also very happy with the doll I traded, because I wanted to give it a try and it seems it is working. I didn't want to abandon the hobby because I find it very beautiful, and I have met a lot of fantastic people thanks to it. This little doll is sure helping.

2. I sold my DOD Code No.02 because although he's a beautiful sculpt, he didn't work out for my character as well as I'd hoped, and he didn't really 'fit' alongside the doll based on his boyfriend. I didn't see any point keeping around a doll I liked but had no real use for, and I needed the money anyway so I ended up selling him.

3. So far I have only sold one doll. I sold her because at the time someone wanted her more then I did so off she went (at the time she wasn't going to be made again) and I was heart broken! I was lucky the company decided after a few months to make that mold in basic and was able to get my little charmer back again. The sold resin kid in is a very happy home spoiled rotten and that makes me feel good!

4. I sold a couple of dolls and a couple of heads and I havent regret any of them except one. I bought him back at a later date and he's better than ever! The reasons why I sell a doll is because I feel bored or uninspired by them. If I dont feel like photographing them or when I look at them and I fell nothing than that they look pretty, that's when they have to go. I dont like keeping a doll I dont play with and keep them just for the sake that they look beautiful. If I sold them, I can have more money to get dolls I want more.

5. I've only sold 2 bjds and it was for the same reason both times. I had had a lot of trouble dealing with the company - items late, not received, pieces missing and after months of trying to get it all sorted out I was just so angered by the process that I couldn't get any joy out of the dolls - which were beautiful.

6. I sell dolls/parts for various reasons, including but not limited to...

1. tiny sized dolls that I think are adorable but end up not doing anything to because they're too small (Felixdoll Brownies)
      2. buying dolls on impulse because one specific feature struck me, but not really having interest in the doll as a whole (DZ dragon)
      3. finding a better body (aesthetics and/or poseability) for my head (replacing a Demon Garden body with a Spiritdoll Elegance body)

:chocoberry:chocoberry:chocoberry

7. Of my BjDs, so far I've sold two. One of them I had lost interest in , the other I had two of the same sculpt and decided to only have one.

8. I sold my CB Ozzy's Judy and will probably sell two of my three PD minis. I loved my Judy, she was gorgeous, but baby-faced tinies are definitely not for me. Also, her default face-up was too beautiful to be removed but I missed a personal/custom touch on her face.
      As for my PD minis, one of them is a boy and I don't want to spend money with clothes for him right now. The other two are mini Riz, and if I don't bond imediately with them I'll just let them go for the money. :P

9. I had a mid sized originally, and then for my second doll I totally had a GAAAAAAHHH moment with the pukipuki pong. So I bought him completely on a whim and tried to make clothes and such for him. Tried to pose him... tried to love him. But really, he was just so tiny. I couldn't sew for him, nothing I liked anyway, and I really couldn't do much with him photowise with that constant :D face.

So off he went. I'll stick with mid sized, possibly larger sized, but no more tinies