1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you sell your doll?

Jun 3, 2007

1. j-j no bonding.. the only reason why ive sold my dolls..

2. Wow, lots of different replies here people, thank you! I guess you can't really control bonding issues though, which seems to be one of the main problems that has come up!

I've seen a couple of horror stories about DODs poseability here, which bothers me because this is the company I really want to buy a doll from! Are the posing issues with DOT, DOC, or both? I'm only really interested in a DOC right now. :(

3. I owned all DoC... and while I don't prefer them, I know others who do, and who LOVE them, even after seeing a ton of other dolls.

My suggestion... wire the heck out of it. I did have a DoD Too who was wired, and he posed a 100 times better than the ones that weren't.

Another option that I've seen a lot of people do... buy the DoC... then switch out its body for a better posing Mini body from another company.

4. Naomi? Cuz i didn't bond with her :/

My lune? is for sale so i can rebody Kai, as he was kai, but is no longer XD he doesn't fit the character

5. I sold my Liwha Half-Elf because, while she was beautiful, I was afraid of her french resin yellowing, and didn't want to take her outside. No point in having a doll I can't play with.

I sold my Latidoll Aida Elf, because again, while he was beautiful, his head was very small compared to my other dolls, and he just didn't fit in with the others, so I never played with him.

And I'm in the process of selling my Serendipity Lovely Freyr, because he looks too much like another one of my tiny dolls, and just not quite right for the character I had in mind for him

6. I just came back from the BJD convention Dollectable, and I heard quite a few people say the same thing.

When I buy dolls I intend to keep them, but for the first time in two years I have sold a doll. :o He was my first mini, a Kid Delf Boy Cherry named Quince. When it comes down to it, I like big dolls. Every time I looked at Quince I'd think to myself, "Wow, you're so pretty, somebody must really love you...but I guess that should be me...oh...", so I found him a new home. He left with the face-up I gave him and he kept his name. I also know the new owner so I'll still get to see him.

I'd recommend this little guy in a heartbeat to anyone who wants a mini. His resin is beautiful, his hands and feet are delicately sculpted, his wrists and ankles are nice and flexible, his elbows double jointed, etc, etc. He just wasn't for me.

7. I tend to be fickle. I sell those dolls that don't fit in with the rest of the family. I also have a personal limit on how many dolls I want to own. Since there are always new and tempting dolls coming out, I end up selling someone to make room. I have some that I would never sell. Those that I'm so so about tend to end up in the marketplace. It's also difficult for me to know for sure if I'm going to like a particular doll. With the increase of meetups and cons, it's getting easier to at least see a sculpt in person before buying, but this isn't always the case. And sometimes I find I just don't like a doll I thought I'd love from the photos.

8. My first doll was a SDG from Volks and I've always loved their dolls.

I think this is why I ended up finding new homes for my 2 DOD dolls.

So far my only nonVolks doll is my Bambi Crony Pepe elf, and I found a new home for a dream doll, after I bought her. :doh

9. I sold an U-da head because I got it and it ws different then I thought (I bought a renewal one, and I thought I was getting a original. I bought another one though in the end)

I sold a Jun Tachibana because I didn't feel like using the effort of getting her fixed up, and I'm not too fond of girls dolls.

I sold a Yomo because I wasn't as interested in girls and MSDs.

I sold a HM Muse, because she was pretty, but a little different then I thought.

In the end, I have few regrets. I do kind of regret selling my first doll sometimes though.

10. Have you ever had a DOC type 2 body? Are these better posers? I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing bodies. I know that sounds lazy, but honestly, I'm not good with my hands, I live all the way down here in New Zealand where there is not a single other BJD collector who could help me, and I don't have the money to be posting a doll halfway around the world to have heads changed for me. :S

11. I sold my Lishe,because I thought I'd love my Ligaya more(i was wrong).

I'm selling my cory because i just can't bond with him the most out of all my dolls.

I'm selling my Ligaya because, i want to by my dreram girl, a soony, because she is what i wanted most, but never got because of a stupid reason.

12. I sold my Soah cos i needed to gather funds for church charity.
      And Shion cos i couldn't bond with him.
      And Hoo cos i needed to gather funds to buy my Nanuri head a body.
      And School B head cos i couldn't afford a body.
      And Nanuri head cos i need to buy my gram's Sooah head a body.
      Sometimes i tend to be tempted to sell a head for another head. But usually i will change my mind if the head don't sell during a week. I bonded berry well with almost all my dolls.

13. I own two DoC bodies. The girl body 2 (Petsha body) is just a dream in poseability. My boy (long legged body) is a lot more stiff and limited, but he's rock solid when he stands, and although some parts of his body irritates me (very limited poseability in the arms), I think wiering him would make it much better.

Don't give up completely, because I think DoD is about to give out their second boy body (as seen on Twin-B) very soon. When/if that happens, I will most likely buy that one for Rasmus.

14. I need the money and my first doll was diffrent how i thinking about at first :roll:

15. I sold my MNF Eiji because though he was adorable, I didn't like the size of his body, being slimmer than an MSD..
      Keeny I sold because I wanted to buy a body for Vin, and he was also much slimmer than Eiji.
      I also sold my first El because I wanted a type 2 body and a new faceup, so I hit two stones with one bird.

16. I have sold other dolls off in order to put money towards or pay for a new doll. I like to renew things from time to time.

17. I sold my Elfdoll tinies for the same reason as the person I bought the first one from! Loved them to pieces, but they were SO tiny that they kept getting "lost in the shuffle," so to speak. What's the point in having someone you are afraid to touch?

I sold a Maya head, a Belita, and a Dark Elf Soo because I was fixated at that point with having a Kaoru to my Kenshin (Elfdoll Red). None of them worked, and I was actively bothered by Belita for some reason.

Sold a Volks MSD body because I didn't need him any more and because I wanted to bring a different doll home faster.

Sold a Cutie Delf because she had been an impulse buy and was just too darn perky for me ;)

And then there's my Ricky Eliud hybrid who I bought, pondered for a long time, and then traded for Zelgadis. And then re-purchased a few months later as a dragon mod :D

All this has taken place in the space of a year. I think most of it has been a learning process, as I sorted out what types of dolls l actually like. If you're going to invest this much money in a hobby, it had better be for something you enjoy having around :D

18. I've only sold two and regretted it because I am overly sentimental. Actually, my ISMY I hated his body, but I should have sold the body and got the new Serendipity body. Dummy. My Hanael just didn't move me. Her sculpt looked "empty" to me. Also I didn't love her body, I think the CH Petite and Little Jr. bodies are not for me.

19. I sold my Elf Ducan because of bonding issues. I thought everything about him was beautiful and perfect... and that was the problem. I just never got a true sense of his personality, and because of this, all I really ever thought of him was, "Wow, he's gorgeous!" I also cramped under my hesitancy to change his face-up/wig/overall look. There just was no serious emotional attachment.

So when I realized my mother loved him to bits, I ended up selling him to her instead, and used the money to finance a body for my Dreaming El head and pay for a portion of my Volks F-17 doll.

20. When I got my frist Volks doll....I decide to sell my other company's dolls.
      Because their quality are not good compare to Volks's doll.

I will only buy Volks's doll if I will buy doll again in the future...