1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you sell your doll?

Jun 3, 2007

1. I bought and sold my first BJD. She was a bit too much woman for my first SD guy. Plus I wasn't sure when she arrived how big these dolls were. But she is in a better place and I after many wig changes and then my first eye exchange loving my more suited for my guy Elf Doll Ryung, aka Denver.

I have a MSD I didn't bond with like I hoped but not going to lose a lot of money on him so until the right mom comes along he is staying. But I tend to bond easier with the girls then the guys, Kenji was an exception, I loved him from the start. But it has made me re-think any new ones as I hate buying then having to try and sell.

2. The only doll I've sold (or I'm in the process of selling, rather) was a Na-Nu-Ri head, a twin to Karrian. I realized I wasn't connecting well with him, and I didn't want to buy him a body and realize I still didn't like him. ^^;

3. I traded my Syo Sweet Dream because we never bonded, despite him being one of my perceived dream molds. Sold my Yuri because despite being my dream mini, I just don't like minis for their size, and I sold my Pocket Fairy Liu for size reasons too. I sold my Liz head and am selling my Tan Lishe because I just don't have time and money for that many characters anymore, five is plenty now.

4. Wooww....most of people sold their dolls because of lack bonding.
      It's very interesting to know that ...

5. I sold the first incarnations of my kitsune pups (a pair of MNF Shiwoos) because, cute as they were, the avatars looked too young for the characters. Kita & Tsuki really needed to be teenagers, not nine year-olds.

So... I sold the "little Pups" and got 'em Elf Chiwoos instead. ^_^

Currently, I'm really thinking pretty seriously about selling off one of my Elf Shiwoos (Shatterglass, the BW Sleeping mod-) and my Juri '05 mod (Shakti). The reason isn't that I don't like them or that they don't match who they're supposed to be... I adored those two as Shadowrun RPG characters and the doll avatars are perfect for them... It's that I don't actually *DO* anything with them. They get a lot less attention than any of the other dolls here, and in terms of style and theme they just don't match the rest of the crew.

I feel like they aren't fulfilling their purpose over here... Dolls like ours are meant to be played with, and Shatterglass and Shakti aren't.

6. Well... most of my dolls were sold because I needed money. I just sold 5 of them b/c I needed money to pay bills. But I have sold 3 or 4 in the past because I just didn't bond with them. I found I didn't spend as much time with them as I did the others, so I wanted them to go to a good home ^^

7. I sold my very first El because as lovely as his mold was his eyebrows scared me and i just wasnt a fan of bw colouring. My narae was sold because she didnt fit in with my big crew(her mature look at her size was a little off, mainly because she looked older then my ivy:?)
      Im now seling my silvia and soo ri because we just have never bonded, im a luts girl at heart and nothing else for me compares.

8. I sold two of my boys a few months ago to get a Dollshe Bernard. one, an MSD T.too, Shaant, wasn't too hard to let go...we just weren't bonding, the mold dind't match the character and MSD's are just way to small for me. I'm an SD and taller kinda girl ^^ And jamie...he was hard to let go because i loved him so much. HOwever, I've been really wanting a Dollshe and so...Hopper Jack won over Jamie...

9. I had a Serendipity Valencia for two weeks. Looking back on it, he was waaay too girly, totally cute, but too girly. And he was kinda a knee-jerk reaction to "I WANT A MSD ZOMG!!!", so he wasn't a character that I had already established beforehand.

And some small part of me was freaking out the entire time, thinking...gosh I'm not loving this doll, and he cost me nearly as much as one of my Elfdoll boys! :O

So that settled it. :sweat

10. My girl squeeked to much at me... No not really, but it went kinda like that.

It was an Obitsu. I bought it off ebay thinking it was a great deal. I got her home and she was so stiff her legs wouldnt even lift up. I was on my way to my first doll meet up and her internal part broke. One month and $65 dollars in parts later, I asked the seller for a partial refund, and got it.

It took a lot of work that almost broke other parts of the doll to get it all appart and back together again. She worked fine after I fixed her, but she just wasn't worth all of the work to me. I was jaded. So I sold her body, and am working on selling the head.

I think now that I should have saved my money and gotten the one doll that I really wanted in the first place.

11. For the first doll I owned, I sold her simply because she wasn't really my style. While I did find her beautiful, she just wasn't "me".

My second doll was sold because while she was more of my style, I wanted to aim for one that had a bit more of a realistic face than the slightly stylized one my current doll did.

12. Chidori went to his boyfriend's home permanently. Sometimes I also sell painted heads here, but those are rather different because I haven't gave a name or personality to them.

My own dolls that are left in the house, I'd prefer not to sell them.

13. I go through a lot of girl dolls. I just can't find a girl I want to keep, but I love the clothes and stuff, so I keep trying. Eventually, one will click for me.

14. I bought an Yder head on sheer impulse [damn you, end-of-semester stress!], and almost exactly three months later she was sold off. I would have taken too long to get her a body, and I have other dolls and/or I want more, so... yep. Sold. Her new owner adores her, so that's good! ^_^

15. I've sold a couple dolls because when they arrived, they didn't quite match up to the makers' photos when I'd ordered. (this was several years ago though, where it was much harder to find actual doll photos) I also didn't like the feel of the resin, and the sculpting wasn't the same style as my previous dolls. I've always tried repainting and customizing, but when an emergency cropped up I found it easy to let them go.

16. Right now I'm thinking about selling my doll actually, he is my first so I instantly assume that I should bond with him, but sadly I'm not. I've owned him for three months I still haven't played with him, so I will most likely sell him. The only reason I'm not selling him is I get this feeling that my parents will be like "See this isn't the hobby for you" and I want to continue, but oh I don't know.

17. I've only sold one doll ~ a Soom Uyoo. I originally fell for her thinking that it would be so great to have a Barbie size BJD that could wear the clothes I already had. After she was here, I loved her, but she just didn't fit in with the other BJDs I had (1 MSD and 2 SD, at the time). She was turning out to be more like an expensive Barbie sitting on the shelf with the others not getting played with. Then, I needed some money for an unexpected expense and I decided it was time to find a new home for her. Luckily, she found a wonderful new home with someone in my local group and I still get to see her :)

So, for me, it was a size and a need for $$ issue...

18. I sold my Soom Godo because...

This may sound odd, but if I had him on his own I loved him and thought he was beautiful and all of that, but...

... the second I had him anywhere near my CP boys I simply found him... lacking.

It was at that point that I waved the white flag of defeat and accepted that Luts are well and truly the company for me.

(So I sold him and bought a Shiwoo! :) )

19. I sold my Hound because when he first came out of the box he really reminded me of someone I used to know (and disliked) and I saw this guy every time I looked at him. Plus I found his gangly legs and old man stoop too much (poor guy!). It's a shame because there are lots of wonderful Hounds out there but he just wasn't for me. I don't know what happened to him: I sold him to a new collector in Germany. I do wonder where he is sometimes.

20. Usually I sell dolls because I need to thin the herd, am tired of them & want money for newer interests. I'm just about to sell my first BJDs The reasons are different.

My Orient Doll Joong Choo is just too childish for me. When I got Lucy I thought I'd like another child to keep her company but nope, except for her, I don't care for them.

My Domuya Michelle is beautiful & I thought it was just because I didn't like the flexibody. But I've since discovered the real thing that bothers me about her. Her face is very young & innocent looking & the body is that of a mature woman. I find that combination disturbing & have the same reaction whenever I see a Unoa on a big bust body.