1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you sell your doll?

Jun 3, 2007

1. When I'm on the fence about a certain doll, there's one thing that I've found helps a lot, Selurnis...

Pack your Sabik away in his box.
      Put the box some where out of the way... under the bed, in the closet, whatever.
      Leave him there for a couple of weeks or a month.

If you don't feel any particular desire to go and get him back out during that time, odds are good you wouldn't miss him if you sold him. If he's in there for a day or two and you just have to go get him out... It's probably not time to let him go yet.

Boxing isn't a fool-proof method for making a choice, but it might help clarify just how attached to him (or not-) you are. :)

2. If I was in your possition I would sell up. When doubt sets in for me, it just goes downhill from there.

There are many people who can and will repair/replace the foot or would rehome a footless doll, I doubt you'd loose much. Its not like an obvious flaw smack in the face or hands or something after all.

Even if I was selling at a little loss, I'd rather sell something I'm not using then keep it hanging around.

3. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Sabik. He's a big and beautiful doll...

Anyway, if I were in your position I would definitely put out a feeler in the Marketplace to see if anyone is interested in buying a doll with a broken foot.

It seems to me that you love your doll very much but it's just really inconvenient that you'd spend another chunk of money just to get a replacement part; I understand your position. Why spend another $65.00 when you can sell the whole doll + broken foot for more than that?

I am very sure that there are plenty of people just drooling at a prospect of getting a Soom Sabik--broken foot and all--for them to fix and what not.

I'm also confident that you'll get good $$$ even for a doll with a broken foot.

But since you're still weighing things and trying to make a decision. It is always good to think about it and just post a feeler if you want. See what offers you get from people who are interested in him. :)

4. Brightfires had the best idea - and that method applies to lots of things your on the fence about getting rid of (I use it for clothes I used to love and hate to part with, but if I pack them away and forget about them, when I find them later, I have my answer). Its not an easy choice to make, but that will help.

If it were me, I would be prone to sell the doll, since you've had a resin problem with both dolls from this company. I would also be wary to buy from that company again. And, as many others have said, there are plenty who would give a good home to a handicapped doll. But that's just my two cents. Good luck with your decision.

5. I was in this situation with a head. The head has a lot of scratches and stuff (cuz it fell on the wood floor) T.T And though I do know I could fix it I just can't bear it so I found a replacement and will be selling my head.

I would do what you want to do but for me, seeing the damage was bad enough that I want her to find a new home so that it can be repaired and loved again.

6. I sold 2 dolls that I wasn't really happy with to get a dream doll that I adore. ^^ She's going to be my secret college buddy (Yo-sd Kanon).

The SD girl that I'm selling........it's a bit complicated. x3 I absolutely adore her. There are good memories attached to her. She's beautiful and poses like a dream. And she's just........awww <3
      But she doesn't at all go with her boyfriend, who is a more realistic mold (Luts SDF Ethan). The storyline that I made for them is somewhat dependant on their relationship. She doesn't fit in with any of the dolls in the story at all, by merit of her looks. And as much as I love her as a doll, I can't seem to reconcile her looks with her character. As much as it pains me to see her go, I just can't stand that nagging doubt every time I want to take pictures of them together, or orchestrate photostories....She just doesn't look right with him, or with the other characters.
      I'm going to use the money that I get from her to buy a doll as a replacement character, but this one won't have the same name or personality. She'll just be in the 'place' that the previous one had taken. No one can replace this first great doll, but I would prefer that she goes to a better home where someone can love her and photograph her all the time, like she deserves. :aheartbea

7. Well lets see...two of the dolls I sold was because of bonding issues. I just couldn't bond with them and never gave them the attention they deserved! So I thought it'd be better for them to go to a new home! Then, I sold three more simply because I was either upgrading their character to SD or in the case of my KDF Aru, I upgraded him to Real Skin! That's really been the only reasons I've had to go through with selling my kids. I don't think I'm going to be doing it again for a long time though! So I hope at least ^^;

8. There's a few reasons why my LE Serendipity Nightmare Sharmin was sold. Sh was my dream doll a few years back and I was so thrilled when she finally came up for sale second hand as I had missed out on her originally. When she arrived, the seller had obviously damaged her and never mentioned it, so I felt really poo about it because she had a chip by her ear. Then, I realised the seller hadn't put all her LE outfit in there. It took two months of emails, phonecalls to the USA and eventually an email via her doll magazine company for her to eventually send the missing bits. It became a horrible situation and I think that's why I never bonded with her properly.

Over the years I've only ever bought SD's and a YOSD (which I think they are all in good comparison sizes) and Sharmin as an MSD was looking a bit out of place and was so fiddly compared to the others.

DOT Ducan is my dream boy and so I decided to part the ways with Sharmin, she is at a new wonderful home in France with an Unoa to play with and I'm really happy, plus I could buy my Ducan.

9. It's funny but the dolls I love the most are the ones that have "problems", so if you have a broken doll that you aren't bonding with, rest assured there is someone out there to love it! The ones that I sold were new and they just didn't do anything for me once they came--I had a beautiful JollyPlus werewolf that looked miserable at my house, and a DZMegi that always looked hung over (he looks amazing at another local lady's house, though--she totally spoils him;-) a couple of CP heads that just seemed drained of life, and the Shoyo that I bought to replace another wandering Shoyo just never made me as happy as the first one, so I gave her away to another friend. Boys and loose heads don't do well here:0

10. Selling my Sunny because he's just out of place. Hjalmar and the incoming guys will require so much working on still that I just can't get myself to pay any attention to the tiny. He spent 2 weeks in his pouch getting ignored. Secondly, I don't know what to do with him. He has no character, his name doesn't fit and his size doesn't appeal to me either. So I hope I can find someone that does enjoy tinies and can give him more attention.

11. I have sold dolls for very unsentimental reasons. I sold Emilio, my PW Segi SD10 hydrid to pay for Sard, and I sold off a head and body to get other things... I don't even remember, the whole thing just didn't work out, so I sold an SD13 boy body and an SSIgon head. I miss them a little but not so much...

12. I think I bonded with my first boy, but I fell out of love with his look and body and I didn't like his smaller stature (Angelregion Fair) since at the time, I wanted to make clothing for sale for SD-size boys. I didn't realize he was a little smaller when I purchased him. When I found Tan Godo, I knew it was time to get him and send my first boy off to a new home. I still have a fond place for him in my heart, but it was the right decision!

13. I've sold a lot of dolls, just because I don't bond with them like I think I would. If I'm not enjoying photographing and sewing for them, why keep them? Someone else could want it more than me :) I've also had a few hybrids I've sold so I could get a fullblood (resin?) version of them (Yosd, Unoa).

Posability is also a huge factor for me, I've sold 2 delfs and 3 MNFs because they just werent posable enough for me, no matter how hard I tried to like the bodies. Also, my prefrence went to more 'realilistc' looking dolls so I sold my Delfs and MNFs to get them :) I took that money and got a DS Bernard, but he was too big, so I sold him and got a Narae. I loved her size, so I shifted my focus to realistic MSDs.

I guess I just buy and sell dolls to get a taste of everything that's out there, and if I'm not as in love as I thought, I pass it on and buy another one :) It's been fun having a lot of different dolls XD

However, I DO regret selling my Delf Chiwoo, and I'm going to re-buy him on a more posable body soon :D
      As of now, I have a Narae, a YoSD Kuuta, an L-bi and a Sist who will be here eventually (oh, unoa preorders...), and a Chiwoo I'm ordering soon. :)

14. Well the only time I sold one of my dolls is when I didn't bond with him.. I loved the mold and all, but the 'doll click' just wasn't there for me ^^; I just hope it never gets to the point where I have to sell one of them for rent or other money needs like some I've heard.

15. I've only ever sold one doll and traded one other.

The one doll I sold was an SDC Arashi head on a regular Volks MSD body, a very sweet little boy.

It wasn't because I needed the money, or to make room for more dolls, or because I hadn't really bonded with him...

I happened across a WTB ad in the marketplace, someone was looking for their first doll, didn't have a lot of money, and was hoping to maybe find one second hand.

When I read her ad, they just felt like they would be a good match, and when I asked him about it, he said wanted to go.

So I pm'd her and offered him to her for the amount she could afford, and she decided to accept. :)

So I dressed him up in a nice set of clothes, I think I might have tucked in a toy or two, and off he went to his new home. :)

The last I heard, they were very happy together, which makes me happy. ^_^

16. I had bought (from the company) an AA San not too long ago with some Birthday Money I had gotten. I will probably never buy from a company again. (For the moment, all the dolls I have or are getting are 2nd hand) I had seen the company pictures of the doll and I just LOVED how he looked in the pictures. When He had gotten to my house though, I realized that he just didn't look anything like I had imagined him to look.

His body also felt weird to me, and cheaper than my first doll's body. (Of course it did, he was a cheaper doll) But I couldn't get use to the feel of him in my hands, or how disappointed I was with his company face up. (I know, they can be changed...but I'd prefer to learn how to do it myself rather then send a doll off) So, I ended up reselling him, and setting my sights on a much more expensive doll that I really want, rather than another boy doll that I hoped would fill a gap.

17. I am actually thinking of selling some new dolls, as stated in the puki puki thread. I recently got one as a present and I have two more and a face on the way. But I'm begining to feel that the super tiny size just isn't rith for me. They're dead cute and I adore them, but I think I may be better saving my money and admiring other peoples instead.

Someone has also offered a doll for sale that I know I will love for sure so if I sold the pukis I didn't love, it would help pay to bring the boy home.

18. It was an impulse buy, then when I had her, the magic was gone :(

19. I generally only sell when I get something like an extra head from a company and I don't want it.
      I'm not big on selling dolls or anything else. If I don't want it, I don't buy it in the first place.
      But I can see that down the road it's possible my tastes might change and I would want to reduce my possessions somewhat.

20. I've only sold one doll so far, and I own ten. It was the first ever I got. She just wasn't right for me. I was trying to be too rational when I was choosing the first (and thinking it's be the only one) and I guess it's not the right way for me ;)