1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you sell your doll?

Jun 3, 2007

1. I sold my shiwoo because his face sculpt did not grow on me like the vamp did

I sold my Nono because I have a Rio ( same sculpt) already and I didnt want twins after all.

2. First one: The doll was not as what I had expected. I was new to the hobby.

Second one: The construction of the doll was not to my liking. The face up was the most wonderful thing I have ever seen; but the rest of the body was just bothering me too much

Third one: once again, he did not look like what I had imagined. And I did not want to start on MSD

Floating heads: I have just way too many. There are too many heads sharing the same body. So I just have to let some of them go.

Problem with reselling: You cannot always find a new home for your dolls to go to. I did not have too much problem with some of them, but others still cannot find homes.

3. I've heard people just like to play new doll. After play awhile they just sold it and get new one...
      I'm not sure if this really happen, but I heard this from my friend. I don't like it thou...
      And I also saw some BJD owner was force to sold their child for money because something happen in the family, like emergency....that's pretty sad....:...(

4. I have bought and sold every doll I have had that were not Dollstown sculpts.
      AiL Chloe, I think she is wonderful still but she just did not fit in to the family and their story.

AiL Elijah for the same reason.

I am in the process of selling Soulkid Chase who was my first, there is no justification for keeping her as I can't even find inspiration to restring her.

I did sell some Dollstown heads as I feel unsettled by floating heads no matter how great the sculpt.

In time, I have learned that I am attracted to two sorts of dolls and that is is Kaye Wiggs and Dollstown. Oh well, it is good to have a learning curve.

I love looking at other dolls and seeing their own magic and if there were endless funds, yes maybe many more families in this home but I have felt no guilt in passing on those that would be appreciated more elsewhere to adoring homes.:aheartbea

5. Umm might be selling two of my Pullips for Latis.

So it's because I see myself playing with them more instead of in a box in the closet.

6. I sold one girl because after I received the new one I didn't pay mind to her anymore.

7. I was not able to bring him happiness, and didn't have enough money...:(
      And I have thought about sell one these day...
      If one can not bring me happiness and I can't bring it to him too, I may sell one...

8. I just recently got a Xi-Aleister. After I got him I felt kind of disapointed. He didn't really look how I saw him in the promo pic's. Then when I put him next to my other doll he looked worse. I didn't even post his arrival pic's. So I took a couple of photos of him next to the MSD I bought him for and that was it, he wasn't staying. He is a really beautiful doll he just really didn't fit. I felt really guilty, like he was being sent away. But he is going to someone I think will really love him. Wow, I am a little nuts.:doh

9. The last doll I sold, (it was actually only a head) I sold because I was suddenly presented with the chance to go back to college and I needed money for my housing deposit.

10. I'm selling one of my girls because I don't pay as much attention to her as I do my other. I want her to go to someone who has been pining for her, that will give her all of the love and attention she deserves! :)

11. At some times, I sold my dolls because I needed money. At others, it was because the sculpt in person was not as I expected it to be from online photos.

12. Obviously, I haven't sold my Peavy head yet, and maybe she's not a whole doll, but I did originally have intention to get her a body...

I just couldn't bond with her... she wouldn't "tell" me who she was even. I'm sure someone else can give her a better home. She's beautiful and deserves it. ^^

I've considered selling some of my other dolls, because their personalities clash a lot, but in the end, I like my dysfunctional doll family. lol

13. I was actually disappointed with my dollshe sa saint. He didn't seem to work for me and we weren't bonding at all. I wanted him to have a more loving home so I sold him. ^^ The lady is so happy to have him now..^^

14. Ive had quite a few dolls pass through my house ;)

The main two reasons have been:

I just didnt 'bond' with them, which for me means either they werent what I envisioned, or didnt suit the look I had planned etc. Face it, its a lot of money if you arent madly in love with the doll. It can happen right away or after some time I realise I have felt this way and maybe found a better sculpt. Sometimes dolls havent got an expressive enough face for me, and thats what decides it.

And also sometimes I have had to pick a doll to sell because of money troubles. I suppose I have sold the doll I have not bonded with the most, it might be a doll I havent had long or I can feel they arent right...Sometimes I have had to sell dolls I liked and get them again later (which is what happened with a Spinel Im buying again now).

15. I had the three doll rule where if I wanted another doll I had to sell one...I sold my So for my PpoPpo...then I sold my Lily for a Puki...then I sold my Baha...for...more Pukis.

Now I have four dolls...but they add up to one because they're all Pukis :)

16. Whenever I sell a doll it is usually because of some personal issue. I have sold dolls because I did not bond. If I don't bond with one, I feel someone else should have it who really wants it. I sold my Jace because I just didn't want to touch him much and I like being close to my guys. So I sold him to someone who just adores him.

17. Oh my, LOTS of reasons! I sold my SD's because they used to be such a pain with their gangly legs. I went to smaller dolls, but some of them just sat here, while others became my favorites. So off with the ones I don't play with! Now I have just purchased my first SD in many years, and the new bodies and posing are incredible.

18. You learn, you grow, you experiment....
      It's life.
      Once in a blue moon a doll gives you a roundhouse kick to the heart, and that's the one who stays.
      It's love.

19. I just felt they were ready to move on, it seems like periodically dolls look at me and say "I want to travel!"

20. I usually sell my dolls because I don't use them as much as others, and/or if I want a new doll. I don't have a job yet, so If I want a new doll, the money has to come from somewhere, and most of the time, it's another one of my dolls.