1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people put up with dolls that can't sit up?

Jun 1, 2010

1. Yeah, my Souldoll Vito won't sit properly because his legs and butt are simply not designed to do it. It really pisses me off sometimes, but I can live with it. On the other side he is gorgeous when it comes to standing.
      I am thinking it must be fixable with some hot glue or silicone rings but I haven't had time to try it.

2. I agree completely. This is an issue especially with the cost of them, they should be very well designed. I have not had this issue. I really looked into what dolls are good posers and am very happy with my choices. When I'd find a sculpt I loved, but the body didn't have such good reviews, I would buy a different body. I am into msd and have bought 2 dollzone and one doll leaves bodies.

3. Yes, I do: Secretdoll Yomo. She's from around 2003 or perhaps earlier and it definitely shows. I bought her secondhand and I don't believe she's in production anymore. I'm planning on having some mod work done on her to help her out of this little problem.

That aside, even if I couldn't get her "fixed" I wouldn't have changed my decision to buy her. I fall in love with a doll's facial sculpt; the body sculpt is entirely secondary to me and doesn't bug me too much. I've already owned her five years and still haven't gotten around to taking care of the problem yet, but it will happen eventually...

4. Most of my dolls seem to sit okay, though my new Mishi's Doll seems to take some objecting to doing so... but she's got somewhat unique legs and hips... It doesn't bother me much cause I just love how she looks, otherwise. I think some sueding may help. Definitely need to suede her elbows, too.

5. Lately I've been having trouble with my dolls torso joint so she can't sit up on her own. I keep restringing her tighter and tighter, but it doesn't help. I want to buy a new body for her but right now it is too expensive and finding a new body is kind of hard since she is a hybrid. That's why I put up with her annoying body for now.

6. To be honest, I don't even know... o.o
      Possibility is a big thing for me. When I was much younger, I liked to play with barbies. At the time, they used to never sit up straight. I HATED THAT WITH A PASSION LIKE OOOHHH MYYY GOOOD. That is why I prefer bjds. They pose better and look better. At the time, the barbies that were being made only had joints in the shoulder and between the legs and hips... Now they have the made to move bodies. 0.0

7. I try to bend their chest piece forward to hold them in place.

8. My Doll Leaves Daniel is a pain in the butt to make sit. He's okay if is leaning against something that has a back on it. He cannot sit unattended. Even them I have to slouch him over just so he can hold some kind of sitting position unassisted.

I usually end up slouching him and pulling his hands between his knees when he needs to sit. I also had to wire his arms as they would only stay straight and evetime I bent his arms they would just snap back and straighten out again.

He is however great at standing.

9. When I fall in love with a doll body, I always try to study its poseability from other owners' photos. Then I go into the purchase knowing that it will need to be modified.

10. Honestly, if they love the doll, I'm very happy for them.

I think all of my human dolls can sit. My tiniest doll has gone floppy. But I generally don't allow them to sit for long as I worry it will stretch their elastics. They can all stand for sure and can hold arm poses. I display them on stands. Some have a little trouble standing on one foot and I have to work with them. But, sitting... while I want my dolls to do it, that's not my priority.

11. I have eid dolls and sid and jid and well back in time the style was pretty unique and the choice was mainly because of aesthetics but their jointing is not ideal far from it and the bigger they are the worse it gets sadly

12. The number one sin a doll can commit in my household is being unable to sit. I can deal with almost any other idiosyncrasy, but I can't deal with dolls that can't sit!

13. The short answer is poseability just isn't that important to me.

I have one doll that can't sit up without support at all, and a few that take fiddling to get them to sit unassisted. Honestly, just about every doll I have has some pretty awful joint limitation, it's practically a theme of my collection at this point. I'm not much of a photographer though, and I don't mind propping them against something or using a doll stand for displaying them.

I do intend to take some time to hot glue suede a bunch of my dolls joints, at least in the hip and knee, to improve some of the limitations. I also have one I'm seriously considering fully modding because his knees literally cannot bend without dislocating them but I like how the body looks enough I don't want to replace it.

14. I don't really "handle" my dolls or take them anywhere, so most of the time they're just displayed in my cabinet (standing). Therefore I don't really care that much about poseability or whether they're able to properly sit or not. And even if I needed them to be able to sit down, I'd probably don't mind as long as I love the doll itself. I'm pretty forgiving in that regard haha