1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you need more than one?

Jul 13, 2009

1. I don't really need more than one, but I like having several. I love owning different characters, developp them, and give them different styles. I also like having and playing with different sizes, different molds...

2. Anyway, I don't know about you, but when I purchase my first doll I thought that due to the fact that they're so expensive that I would only buy one and admire her forever, but then you see so many of them and so different that you end up buying the "second" and last one but it wasn't the last one.. and so on.. a vicious circle :S

3. I want another one bcs of a new gender and diff face. I want to dress a male doll and also be able to look at other cute faces in y collection.

4. I just bought another doll while waiting for a doll I paid for to arrive, because I had an idea for her character in my head, and in doing so acquired a number of stray heads/eyes and wigs... So I ordered another body just to make a doll from extra pieces. And I will still likely buy another doll this month at a dealer booth at an anime convention along with more shoes and clothes.

I don't mind because it keeps me creative, and unlike drawing a bunch of different characters in a sketch book, the logistics and restrictions of designing each new character as a doll both pushes you creatively and has real permanence. I can see a dress on Dollmore and know my dark elf would never wear that, but like it enough to think about who might. And when you're "done" (you're never done) you have a real thing with a real story that you went on a personal journey with, so they become your traveling companions.

5. I don't NEED more. But I'd like more. Mostly because I find certain ones really cool. Plus, it's fun to get new dolls. :)

6. The world I made for my doll just... Started to expand. And as I see more dolls I think "hey that sculpt fits so-n-so"
      Then there is also things I want to try out. I want a female doll so I can make frilly dresses for her.
      I want twins so I can make matching clothing in different styles for them.
      Each Dream doll I come up with has something specific I want to try... Frankly, it would be easier if I had friends living near by with dolls. Then maybe I could Just make dresses for their dolls or maybe we could share the world and they could add characters to it...
      I shrug because it's different every time. And some Dolls i see i just, wish i had them.

7. In the beginning I thought I would be happy with a doll from each country I visited as a reminder of where I have been in my life. Then I found BJD's and I thought the one that I MUST have would be the only one. And as I attempted to adopt her I found others that sparked my interest almost equally as well as the "Ran in Harajuku". Boy thinking back was mistaken, and now only 1 year after adopting "Ran in Harajuku" I adopted a second of this same sculpt and a "Magic Time vampire set Draculria - Black Angel". I currently have 2 SD's and I am waiting on the 1/6 form Magic Time. Now only time will tell where my interests or love goes from here.

8. I had one SD13 boy for 5 years before I bought my second one. I seriously thought that I would only have one because they were so expensive back then but somehow I couldn't resist the tiny BJDs and got myself a Lati Yellow. Now that I'm back in the hobby again, I find that it's so hard to stick to one doll because the possibilities of photo stories are endless when you have more dolls. I'm going to buy my third doll soon (not counting my first boy because I sold him)... I hope I have enough love to go around.

9. They need friends! It's more fun for me to take pictures of my dolls interacting. I also like having a variety of dolls to experience different sizes, companies, sculpts, etc. And I also have multiple characters I want to make into dolls. x)

10. We all have similar reasons for getting one more doll, but it's never a "need" in itself, I think. We "want" these dolls because we like the sculpt or because the ones we already have need a new friend and so on... What we do "need" is that feeling of aesthetical appreciation and the joy we feel, as our imagination thrives while playing with a precious object of art and making it come alive.

We don't need dolls but we need to feel this, because real life hardly ever gives this chance. Or maybe it does, but rarely. The object that brings this joy can be different for everybody I guess, but for us here, it looks like to be dolls. And that is perfect :thumbup

11. Well....

I plan on turning them into character's from a story I'm creating.

Maybe that only serves as an excuse so I won't feel guilty when buying them. However, I always enjoyed having more dolls to create stories with.

It would be like having one Barbie and trying to create a story only using that single Barbie.

Its possible, but sort of boring.

I want villains and love triangles, twists and friends.

Or maybe I want more dolls to simply fill in a void within me. I lack in real life friends, so the dolls keep me distracted from this lonely path I walk.

12. No doll is an island. They want company, as soon as they come ot life. Partners, siblings. If you bring them to life, they want one.

13. I don't need another doll. But I'm always open to more.

14. WAIT this thread is making me anxious lol. I'm relatively new to the hobby and have had just one doll for close to four months now with no need of anymore... I need to stay at one!! My poor bank account... ;-;