1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you need more than one?

Jul 13, 2009

1. I appreciate them as art. As an analogy, if I had the money to collect French Impressionist paintings (as if!), and I had a Degas, why would I pass up the opportunity to collect another Degas, or Monet, or Van Gogh. . . that I loved. It's all about what feeds the soul, and what your wallet can afford. Thankfully, I can go to museums to see the French Impressionists.

2. in my case, its because i need different dolls for different type of clothing and wig 8D

3. I suppose it's cause there are some things a doll could not or should not do alone?

Because everyone needs companionship?

To do photostories?

To fill up this 1/3rd sized couch I have?

How about because I am an unappologetic heathen and I wants thems?

Yeah, that last one works for me ;D

4. For me ((and probably LOTS of other owners)), it's the fact that that I have a rather large cast of characters I really want to see in realized in resin. One doll simply won't do, you see. ;D

That, and they're amazing works of art ... and I can't get enough. D:

5. HA HA HA that says it all!!!

6. Heh. It's always been one of my goals in life to have "just one perfect doll". So far it's not happening. But I'm getting closer! I used to have at least 20 at a time, now I'm down to five or six, two of which are packed away right now. One is my kid's and though he doesn't play with him he won't let me sell him either :-/
      But oh well, there are worse goals in life to fail at!

Raven

7. This. I have more than one because I don't just like one doll, I like, well... a lot of them, so I've bought several of the ones that I like. It's kind of like collecting cars or anything else, I guess. Sure you only really need the one (okay, you don't really need any, like we don' really need the dolls), but then you see another one, and it appeals to you in a different way to how the first one does (or possibly a similar way,whichevs), so you want/get that one, too. And then another and another and another...erm, at least that's how it is with my dolls. I can't imagine only having or wanting one. I was planning for five more before my first one even arrived. XD

8. I do a LOT of writing in my spare time and get a LOT of characters. For some of my favorites, I wanted to get them in doll form as a 3-D representation. Then when they're on display, I can tell others about the characters and their stories. I wanted to do that with just one doll and maybe change it's image, but I think it limits my ability to express my OCs. I've got stories from fantasy to political satire to historical fiction to comedy. If I tried to force one doll to convey all that, he'd probably develop an identity crisis...as if being my doll wasn't crazy enough. XD

9. Cuz I like them and I want them. My mother is dead so I don't have to justify it to anyone:)

10. Becaaaaause O________O
      If I dont have more than one, I'll be sad. NOOO D: *hyperventilates* *Gasps*
      *Crawls away from topic*

No.Really. *slithers back*

Anyhow, I started out with my flimsy little Obitsu girl.
      I was like: Hell, its a bjd, I'll be happy with this...then I spotted Soom and their "Gena" and it alllll went downhill from there on my money mountain. I swear I'll go broke. It hasnt even been a year inbetween the buying and Im layawaying a Soom R.Dillui for my boy. >_>;
      And Now...I also want a Heliot...D: Really.Really.Bad.
      Wanting is a very harmful thing in this hobby.
      As soon as you spot a bjd you want, you might as well start taking a few...hundred (exageration) 50's out of your wallet.

11. I'd definitely want more then one! First, because I think having them would help me better describe these characters for a story I'm wanting to do. Since I'm not very good at describing things when I write.. It could defiantly help me out!
      Another reason.. 'CAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY PRETTY ONES I WANT! ; A;

12. I've owned quite a few dolls at once for the same reasons others have stated- different characters, interaction between dolls re. photoshoots etc., but I'm now down to one doll- she doesn't mix well with others, and is such a wonderful doll, but only when I just have her :nowords: I know it sounds odd, but she really is a one-person-doll! Besides, I get to spoil her like crazy now :lol:

13. I didn't need more than one. But I wanted and since I had the money, I bought. It's as easy as that. ;)

14. because I like more than one. And my boy would be lonely if I just got him, and no friends for him, right? :)

15. I have more than one of all my other toys (TFs, Barbies, etc), so he'd feel very left out being the only BJD, you see.

16. My lovely girl needs her older brother,so we've ordered him =)
      And because i think D.O.D Shas are absolutely gorgeous:aheartbea

17. Not to sound psychotic or anything, but if I give 1 character a physical form then I have to hear all the others complain until they have one too XD

18. I buy more than just one simply because I keep seeing more dolls that I like and wouldn't mind having around to look at all the time. I love to accesorize and keep seeing so many new things that not just one doll should go through lol! Besides, I like to have a family so no one gets lonely:)

19. One just isn't complete without the other, and that applies to each of my dolls. If I'm gonna have one, I'll need the entire Scooby gang. :)

20. I have so many characters I'd love to bring to life! :D

And I just keep finding pretty ones that I'd love to own! And have the freedom have dressing them up the way I feel xD