1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you need more than one?

Jul 13, 2009

1. I am yet another person who thought she could have just one heh...
      I honestly believed that I could get one doll, and even went so far as to think she would maybe have "multiple personalities" so I could dress her in any style at any time....

I was so wrong:lol:

I got her and there she was, all...cute....I just couldn't dress her up gothy, it just COULD NOT happen haha

Aside from that, it's just so much more fun when dolls have relationships with each other...even now, I have three dolls, but they are so different from each other that they aren't really "friends," so I still plan on getting at least four more.....
      Anyway, I never really plan on stopping now :sweat

2. I think everyone has their own reasons, whether it's a sculpt, a pretty face, photography, wanting to do artsy things with them....

Mine amounts to this:
      Im addicted to them like I am to tattoos/piercings....can't have just one. I have a different reason to wanting each one, but just one is like......hard for me...I want more.

Essentially: nuts, you can't eat just one!

3. Tee hee. :XD: That made me laugh. I think I'll use that excuse on my boyfriend in the future! I know he hates seeing empty couches. :lol:

4. That is a really good question! And I have no good reason to answer it ;) For me at least I think it is the joy of photography and the need for more than just one object to take pictures of. I can change clothes etc, but having two BJD's give me so much more options and that again gives me joy! So there it is I guess. I only have two though :aheartbea

5. Thanks for your answers everyone! A few of them really made me laugh:lol:. I guess I asked because the first real expensive doll I ever got was an American Girl Doll Josephina. I only ever just wanted her. I didn't want any of the others. And then a few years later here comes Pullip. I got one, and she was all I ever wanted, I had no desire for any others. And then I found Little Fee Ante:o. It's like God sculpted her or something, I have never seen a more beautiful doll :fangirl:. All the other BJDs were beautiful but no one else compared. She was the only one I wanted. But then Felix Dolls went and had their sale. An adorable $68 doll with only $5 shipping?! I bought a Punk Lady and I know I will love her to death but I still want Ante. And then there was DIM Bellose! She would be a perfect guardian for my three girls (Ante, Punk Lady, and Pullip). Everyone needs a big sister right? That's all I need, four expensive dolls is already too mu...BUNNY! :sweatCoco Tribe Ruby to be exact. Damn, that's five dolls. I guess I just needed a better justification for all that money. And you have supplied it:wiggle. Gosh this is like the opposite of an AA group, instead of kicking our addictions we fuel eachothers wants for more. How evil of us :sneaky.

6. I just like many different dolls, and want them all :D There is so much variety out there. I want to pose them together, take pics in a group and have them compliment each other visually ^_^

I wouldn't want just one outfit or one piece of jewelry, I wouldn't want to eat one food every day or have one video game to play or one book to read. Why have only one doll? XD

7. uh well, I guess I could not stand my doll being lonely ^^

I have alot of interesting characters in mind and like alot of different sculpts, so I would not like to settle with only one.
      Also one of my main reasons for getting a doll at all was to sew and craft stuff for him... but seeing he would kill me if he had to crossdress I will need a female doll too if I want to sew dresses/skirts xD
      It's nicer for photos if you are not limited to one?

I can perfectly understand how someone can only want one, if it's just perfect and everythin else would not be as nice to you compared to that ONE doll. But I can also see how you can find a doll that is perfect for you and still want another. I did not get a second doll because Corbin is not awsome enough, but for the reasons mentioned above :)

8. 'cause each one's different and I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!

9. Gosh, that's a good question lol. I would say it would be one of two things. One is the sculpt, I enjoy beautiful artistry. Two, is a story that would connect them and breathe life into them. Like most other bjd owners I want to give "life" to my dolls and giving them a story that connects them makes it more real to me (of course I know they aren't real, but for some reason it's comforting).

10. I never considered myself a one-doll kinda girl. It wasn't like that when I had magic nursey dolls (as a child), Barbies, anything. I always assumed I would end up with more than one. But once I got them I discovered I enjoy the different sizes in different ways and more of my dolls personality was revealed by their interactions with each other. Plus, one doll looks mighty lonely ;)

11. Noah isn't even here yet and I KNOW he needs his boy..

So..I'm scouting for a sculpt for another before my frist is even here.

But, i suppose its a basis of "want/need/addiction."

12. not sure, maybe it's all the choices and variety of dolls we have to choose from

I always wanted a large group of dolls but over the years I've changed my mind (although there are still a few on my wishlist)
      I'm pretty happy with just one, at least for now, but I don't want her to get too lonely (as weird as that sounds) so I'll be getting her either a twin or her YoSD self in 2 or 3 years

13. Why do some people need tons of shoes or bags? Or other stuff they collect? Because you can never have enough of what makes you happy. Every sculpt makes me happy on it's way, some days more, some days less but there is always at least one of them I focus on that makes me the happiest of them all. That changes but having more dolls means being more happy to me :)

14. I don't think anyone honestly "needs" more than one. It seems that a lot of doll owners have the desire to own more than one. I'll admit that I would like to have a second doll, but it's not really a necessity for me. In my opinion, it's similar in the world of parenting. It's not always about necessity when it comes to how many children you have, so why would it be with dolls?

15. This, oh yes this ha haa!!

16. I have more than one set of clothing for myself... I have more than one pair of shoes... I eat more than one kind of breakfast-cereal regularly... I have more than one desire in my life... I have more than one facet to my personality. Why wouldn't I collect more than one toy? :chocoheart I like more than one doll, therefore I bought more than one doll.

17. Well, I think a lot of people starts with idea of having just one doll and pay all the attention to her/him. But then you learn more and more, you have new ideas and start to seek for more expressions and characters.

But I know few people who did exactly different thing, mean they wanted dozens of dolls but then realised it's more than they need. I'm just one of them (maybe I don't have one...). At the beggining I wanted to have 30+ dolls, but now I have five and I don't have enought time to play with them ToT There is always one with no wig, shoes or good outfit... So maybe idea of having just one isn't that bad ;)

18. I thought I would get just one and spoil him rotten (Volks Kohaku),
      Then he needed a Nannie,
      The Nannie needed a friend,
      He needed someone to hang with,
      Then he needed a love interest,
      The love interest has a brother,
      The brothers needed a teacher,
      The nannies little sister came next but then rehashed into a little boy (complicated story there)
      The nanny's distant love interest show up with his charges,
      Someone from that time visits and stays along with his son,
      A family of grey skin nomadics are working their way into the story line as well as a future love interest for the lonely brother and that dang Dollzone Sheep had to come here too!!!

Total count at this entry is 22 with one body and two more in the near future. Each and every one has a story line and all are connected in it. I just couldn't have my crew sit on a shelf and do nothing. They are a creative outlet for story telling and sewing. How could I do that with just one?

19. Quite simply I have too many characters... and then there's their relationships and relations and the story I'm writing with my best friend who;s also in the hobby and... I could keep going and adding. The truth is one would never be enough though.

20. Each one is so different. And sometimes one needs a sister. Or brother. Or friend. :)