1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you need more than one?

Jul 13, 2009

1. because it's a family lol

2. Because the one mold doesn't work for all characters. xD

3. .... It's called the Anchor Doll tactic. You can start with just one doll. But then he has to have a best friend, and a lover, and a second cousin twice removed, and a half-brother, and a school roommate, and next thing you know he has an entourage and you need new shelves. :XD:

4. I have decided that I would like more than one because I want to make group outfits. I love group outfits and when I make a multitude of clothing I can have more than one piece displayed. I can also explore different designs in the clothing as well. Plus, it is fun to pose dolls with each other.

5. my two resins are a couple and my two DD's are a couple, i like them in pairs...its cute, but i prefer to photograph as singles.

i think a pair is perfect, you can have them interact with each other, pose together, cuddle...things like that

6. why do you need/want/have more than one BJD?

At first I was just testing out the hobby, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, or my doll. So I had a single doll for 3 years. I also do not have a steady income, so I had to be very sure that the doll I got, was one I was compatible with. :3
      Now I decided to get an SD, because I want to see how I fair with that sized doll, and then I saw another yo sized doll to be with my Marc.

It just...sort of happened!

I probably wont be getting more after this, but if I have a steady source of income coming in, I will def try to get more!

7. Because I keep finding awesome sculpts I want to own. Each doll is unique in their own way. I can't actually seem to QUIT wanting them...

8. Very hard to explain.. For me, it is something new, interesting an exciting. Moreover, it is a way I can bring my imagined characters into the physical world so people can see clearly what I'm thinking when I describe the characters. Most importantly, why stop at just one? Haha. They're so unique and fun to collect, it gets a conversation going sometimes. Plus, they can be a completely open canvas to any artist! :)

9. I may have told family members I only needed one when this all first started, but even then deep down I knew I was a dirty liar and I'd end up with another within the year. Sure enough... two dolls here, a head incoming and saving like mad for my third full doll. :lol:

It's all about stories and interaction for me, as well as variety. There are three boys I want to finish out. Right now I've got the nerdy dreamer and the social butterfly, and things feel a little unbalanced without a more angsty character around.

The shortest way to say it is that I think once you have a doll really locked into his character, attitude and style, it's easy to feel limited by the range you've imposed on him. And that's when you start thinking about new faces.

10. Firstly I was saying "oh it's so beautifull, i want one". I was decided for a mature msd, I search, search and search for The One Perfect Msd... and I found an absolutely perfect... Yosd!
      After reflexion, I decided that two could be ok, i like the idea of how I could make them interact.
      Unfortunately after I choose wich one msd and wich one Yosd would be perfect for me I bought another one, a 33 cm size because, well, I saw her, she was beautifull, I had the money and I could have her immediatly. I like this one but i always want the two others. I also like the idea they could be a family with their different ages.

11. Yep, this. So far, the three that I want are beautiful and different in their own right. Trying to choose between one is seriously taking me days x.x

12. At first i wanted not a bj doll, but SOOM Rex. For me he was not a doll.
      6 months later i realized that i need bjds as field for creative activity. To create characters, create personalities. I doubt i REALLY need even one of the 2 ordered dolls. At list at the moment i don't have space enough for any ))) But i ordered two, because i had thought that one bjd would feel lonely.

13. I don't want my girl to get lonely, She's been alone for long enough! and There are so many beautiful dolls at there, and I've just recently got into the Pukifee line! adorable!

14. I don't really know. That's a question I've been trying to answer myself, and the only answer I can get is way too long and convoluted to put down here, but I guess it's because I'm always seeing new things that interest me and I want to experiment with their basic design to change them to fit a new character. It's an art medium to me, like a blank sheet of paper waiting for me to put the pencil down. The only thing is, each page is so different from any other that I couldn't possibly create the same picture on more then one. This Leaves the ideas available infinite and the possibilities endless for a collection. And, knowing how I love art and beautiful things, a single doll could never really satisfy my hunger to create and change.

15. I began this hobby determined to have only one doll.:sweat But I soon realized that was just my own short-sighted attempt at frugality (because of the high cost of these dolls.) I soon discovered that hey, if it makes me truly happy it's absolutely worth it! Very simply, I had multiple stories to tell floating around in my mind and I wanted to display those stories visually rather than writing them down on a piece of paper. BJDs were absolutely perfect for that purpose and that's exactly what I set about doing with my new found hobby. I created a quirky neighborhood in my mind and slowly began to populate it with dolls that caught my fancy. Each doll got a heavily decorated, designated display space within my home to represent their own story and I pretty much made all their clothes myself. I collected slowly...roughly a couple of dolls per year. With careful budgeting and layaways, I was able to fulfill my dreams and still remain frugal at the same time. Now I'm pretty much done and happy beyond belief at what I've been able to accomplish.

16. I have a whole cast of characters in a story universe that I want to make into dolls, so just having one of those characters just wouldn't feel right. Plus, There are way too many sculpts that I like for me to just settle on one if I don't have to.

17. All of the dolls I have ordered have been for different reasons, the first was to put together a doll that would be a fursona of sorts, the second because her face reminded me of the way Bisco Hatori draws faces which I loved, and... the doll I just now payed for I fell in love with, no particular rhyme or reason to it 9<9

18. Because there are simply many dolls I like and want. Besides, one would be just lonely by itself :P

19. I have plans to do photostories for a cosplay group - so naturally started out planning to get dolls that could cosplay my various fav anime characters. Then, because I'm writing stories about the members of the group, I had to add characters to be their families, etc. I'd gotten the list of dolls needed pretty much done before I ordered my first one - I've tweaked it some but I'm pretty much sticking to it. Lots of dolls on that list :D It&#8217;s been like casting a film!

20. At first I hoped that I wouldn't need more than one. That I could to do the group photos with friends' dolls and would be happy with playing different histories... But I realized that my mold don't match with other dolls well ((( I tried and tried, but without any good result. So I need the second doll now, and this will be the same doll, the same mold ^_^ May be I'll do the new make-up for difference, but I don't sure. I really want to do the the paired photostories, not single. Friendship, family relations, love... So many themes!