1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does everyone need to accept?

Dec 15, 2005

1. You sound like a terrible person ^_^..juz kidding...mwhahahaha sorry =_= I'm surrounded by people with this kind of humor..
      Peeple are weird...I just think of all peeple bad and they have to proof me wrong..I don't understand why peeple look down on other peeple because of the way they look or because of their hobby. I mean it's their friggin loss iff they wanna be mainstream pigeons. I mean I'm not into goth or anything..but I have a lot of respect for those who are..just for the fact that they just don't look like everyone else. off course I like trendy clothes and fashion and stuff (although not wearing them just liking them aight) but...most people don't think..they just assume things...and mostly they assume that people who like dolls are weird..=_=...pff...
      Iff i have to tell some1 my first impression of a person I don't just look at their clothes..I look at their face..look at their eyes and their attitude..
      I look iff some1 has mean or kind eyes or iff they are greedy, generous, funny etc..

I can't judge people by their appearance....I have a boy in my *class* who's goth and biseksual...he extremely sweet and kind and he likes goth music..I can't name any bands since I really don't know..I only know Nigthwish..and Within temptation...but 1 time he stayed afterclass cause I wanted to know more about his music...I don't like this music at all(although I like within temptation DUTCH to the bone!!!)..but I respect his taste..and I really don't mind talking about his intrests even iff it's not my thang..

I respect all people's interest and feelings...it is what makes people special..I know plenty of girls who wear the lastest fashion, who look cute, smell cute and feel sexy wearing their new jimmy woo's(which they can't afford and what's with the louise vutton rage)...these girls are the mainstream cuties..but as a person they are boring, selfish and only occupied with themselves. Take a 3 time geuss what i think about these people...sadely I have friends like that...=_=...it's because I've known them so long...
      In high school I had everyone as a friend..I really didn't give a sh!t what they liked, who they are and what their 'status' was...
      Even as a kid I was never alone...i just think it's stupid to have just 1 type of friend..I've also seen manga/anime geeks come together doing stuff..with them I've met a couple who were nice and intresting..but I also met a lot of pathetic people who actually think they were cool when they were with other geeks..which I thougth was pretty disturbing..even geeks..have attitude...i really didn't know..I always that they were kind and fragile people..i got a serious reality check...

But you shouldn't care too much of what people say or think about you ^^..
      Look at me I am a suppa chubby girl(i need to loose friggin weigth or i'll get diabetes and the worst part is I don't loose weigth when i don't eat =_=..i need to train it's the only way feel like oprah but without money*tear*), I'm black, wear glasses, I wanna draw for a living, luv dolls, listen to japanese/chinese/korean r&b, I have a *stepdaughter* that's half my age, I have a Bf who's 2 times my age, and I have a mother who thinks all my hobbies are a waste of money but her son(my brother) is a total looser..and I still manage to have friends.

So tada!!! Don't feel bad about this!! Peeple are just the way they are and there's nothing you or me can do about it ^^..

2. You're a sweetie : )

3. *collects that too* XD

Really, if they only knew..

4. accept? respect? dont need either. i come across life knowing well enough society pretty much make up their own 'rules' on what is being accepted and what is not, which in turn a large proportion of the population are reacting to things they are 'taught' to do, so understandably most of us seek acceptances and respect... but as long as we know we care about our dolls that is enough right? :)

5. I actually had a conversation about dolls with my bf last night. He thought my hobby was werid and that it was some kind of pedophellia. I started by explaining that a) there's no way to sleep with my doll, and b) who he is is a 107 year old vampire that's not really into girls, and c) my bf collects comic books (he has over 30,000) so he was werid too. We just shrugged and decided we were both werid.

6. teehee! I would've cried "blasphemer!"if my boyfriend ever said anything bad about my girls! lol!:lol:

7. Honestly. My fave anthology series is Koushoku Shounen no Susume.

Of course, my friends and family actually know about my love of Teh Gay Manga Pr0n. They just roll their eyes and move on because really, they're just as weird in their own ways.

8. I certainly don't want everyone to appreciate or respect it....mainly cos that's unrealistic and I'd send myself to the looney bin eventually...:o :lol:

I figure, those that come up and are interested, cool, those that don't - oh well. Besides...I'm usually too busy setting up a photo shoot or watching my dolls to really pay too much attention or give anyone a big speech anyway.

The best was at Pioneer Square here in Portland for a meetup when I set Feyd (Hound) up for a shot on the steps. His skimpy little robe rode up on him....someone walked by and said "ooooh my god, it even has a penis {{snicker snicker}}." I LOVE reactions like that, heehee! ;)

9. The only people I care about accepting my BJD are my father and my two real life friends.

I guess I'm safe :) My father thinks many of the BJDs are gorgeous, my best friend has only laughed at me because it's the girliest thing I've ever done (I grew up a major tomboy), and my other offered to knit clothes!

As for everyone else accepting or not accepting, I don't particularly mind. Being made fun of for what I'm into isn't new to me. I love teddy bears (and wish I could continue to collect them, but space is an issue, unfortunately), video games, manga books, and cartoons in general, and I'm 23 years old. My father is 57 and loves cartoons and figurines, and is actually quite interested in BJDs because they're so pretty. You could call our interests childish, but if we pay our bills and aren't a menace to society, who should care what we do in our spare time to amuse ourselves?

In short, it would be nice for the majority to accept the hobby as a viable interest. By this I don't mean that everyone starts walking around with a BJD, just simply that they consider it a decent hobby, like tennis or cars or reading.

Besides, it's an acceptable hobby amongst those of us here, anyway. That's enough for me ;)

10. ~I don't care about what people think and AS long as they don't touch my dolls everything is fine.

~My BJD are very personal to me. I express my creativity through them and also, after a hard day filled with not-very-nice-or-smart-people, I come home and I can relax with my dolls. Just looking at them puts me in a good mood. They are therapy for me. I find myself in my own little world when I'm interacting with one of my BJDs and if someone can't relate to that GOOD, one less troll I need to deal with.

~I've been told I'm that I'm too old to play with dolls by several people and I just shone them off! My dolls=my business, end of story.

~I really don't care what anybody thinks and I don't see why I should anyway.

~I don't mean to sound so grouchy but it's late and I can't sleep so I guess I really am grouchy -_-

11. I have no expectations of acceptance or respect from other people regarding my hobby. The only thing I demand is that no one touches my dolls without permission. I've only ever taken Cady and Tambre anyplace outside the house, and so far the reaction has been positive. Most people recognize how expensive they are, and adore how pretty they look. I have yet to be told that one of my girls is "freaky" or "ugly." At worst, they crack up over the fact that I'm a grown woman playing with dolls. I just shrug and smile, or laugh back. All's good with the world. ^_^

12. I was extremely private about my doll hobby at first, but now all of my friends and most of my co-workers are familiar with it.

I've always had weird interests, and while plenty of my friends will tell me I'm a weirdo, they're nice about it- they do think it's weird, but they think of it in an affectionate sort of way.

I feel like stuff like this is a lot easier on girls then it is on guys. I still play with toys and action figures, and people generally think that that's pretty cute. I have male friends and siblings who do the same, and people aren't anywhere near as accepting of it.

13. Insecurities, wah, wah!

14. I don't really need people to appreciate my hobby, in fact, most people don't. The friends I have that do like my hobby are people I've met through DoA XDDD
      I used to be really protective and no one even knew about my hobby for two years but then I figured, eh, it's my thing, who cares. XD I now even take my 70cm. to school!!!! And I agree with you, I don't like 'the masses', and something like this helps keep them away ;D

15. I can say that a majority of people who don't understand the hobby simply always think that doll collectors and owners are a bit loony/weird/eccentric or that we've been bitten by the 'peter pan' syndrome of never wanting to grow up. I can say that I was a bit annoyed when someone in my family mentioned the word freak when I was taking the time to dress my doll up, pose him and take photographs. That comment completely ruined my mood which was a little surprising because I don't tend to get insulted very easily. xD; So yeah, it'd be nice if people were less rude. I don't expect them to give a rat's ass about my interest and love for these dolls. But having some basic respect for someone is always good.

16. I also don´t want BJDs to be too popular, because once it becomes "cool" it gets ruined easily, you´re right. I don´t want everyone to appreciate my hobby. If they don´t like my dolls, fine, I may not like bunch of things they like. I understand that BJDs are not everybodys thing. I only ask for some basic manners. If I don´t like something I won´t go to the person saying so. I wouldn´t tell a random person that I think his fashion style sucks, that his passion for games is waste of money and so on...
      I already got used to beeing stared at, you can´t really avoid that. And people can think what they want. They should just keep it to themselves or ignore us. That´s all.

17. Interesting topic and enjoyed reading a lot of your responses. I don't have much to add as so many people have said the same things I am thinking. The bottom line is I enjoy collecting dolls, they make me happy and that's what matters.

18. Why do we want everyone to accept and appreciate our doll hobby?
      I do not feel that way, I prefer different interests so I could take inspiration from different fields)) If people do not like my hobby simple politeness is pretty enough. I wouldn't bother people with chit-chat about dollies if they aren't interested in them. Actually I talk about dolls mostly if I'm asked first.

19. I don't want everyone to accept and understand, just the people I love and care about. But isn't that completely normal? I think that deep down we all want our loved ones to accept us for who we are and support us in the choices we make. And I'm not just talking about BJDs, I'm talking about you. What you like and what you do... It's part of who you are. So if you're interested in dolls and they're a big part of you, wouldn't you automatically want your family and friends to accept that? I would, and I think most people feel that way.

That aside. I do believe that wanting others to understand is also about "fitting in". It's a human trait. We are gregarious animals after all and being an outsider makes us feel vulnerable. I'm not saying that you can't learn to accept yourself for being different, but I'm convinced that it's in our nature to always try to fit in. And that's probably why a lot of people (myself included) are so concerned about their family and friend's reaction and all the bad things people say about their dolls. Because if you really didn’t care about fitting in you probably wouldn’t care about these things.

(I’d just like to add that this is merely my own thoughts, ideas and theories. And you're all welcome to disagree :))

20. one day, i took a print out of a doll picture to my salon (i want a haircut like that in the pic...haha)...
      some people may see the dolls aer weird or freak...but this lady, after a while, she said more or less:...the hair is cute...they put it on a doll and the doll is cute...
      i thought, she was going to be cynical or what...haha...like...oh, you like doll? but in you know....kind of 'laughing' tone...

I don't expect all of my friends will love my hobby and anything in me...i'm me just me and stuff i like...you don't like it? it's your business, not mine...

i agree with a fellow about respect...i mean...having a doll...what's wrong with that...unless, i steal or ruin my husband's life by keep asking a lot of money to buy a bjd or asking a donation for buying a bjd (I read there was someone in other forum did that), etc, etc...(^_^)...